Grand L 60 cabin switch illumination

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Hi guys, getting excited to take delivery of my new L4060 HSTC next week.

I'm interesting in learning which controls are lit at night in the cab. I work a fair amount in the dark. I know the instrument cluster / message center is backlit, but are any of the other switches? Climate control in the ceiling? Work light switches? Cruise switch?

Thanks in advance.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm trying to remember. I know when the cab light or ac is turned on there is a light on the switch showing it is on, but I don't know about it being lit if it isn't on. I have never paid that close of attention.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I just checked my L4060... The dash is of course lit, as are the AC controls (temp, fan, recirculation, and AC on), wiper switches, and work light switches.
What I do not like is that the overhead courtesy light is not controlled with a door switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Thanks for checking. I was hoping those switches were lit.

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I remember the feeling, you've made the commitment and are just waiting for the tractor to be delivered. The instrument cluster and overhead console is lit up very nicely and as you would expect just like the car. The best part is when your out there in the heat or cold the cab is just right. Enjoy your new tractor. Just remember if the wife asks, your always working in the tractor. It's never fun.:)

rjcorazza

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I remember the feeling, you've made the commitment and are just waiting for the tractor to be delivered. The instrument cluster and overhead console is lit up very nicely and as you would expect just like the car. The best part is when your out there in the heat or cold the cab is just right. Enjoy your new tractor. Just remember if the wife asks, your always working in the tractor. It's never fun.:)

Funny...
I got my cab by coming inside after blowing snow on an open station tractor (after a blizzard) soaking wet on the inside and frozen solid on the outside. Dear wife felt so bad for me I had a comfy can tractor in the spring.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Thanks guys. I can pick it up this Thursday or Friday.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
...............What I do not like is that the overhead courtesy light is not controlled with a door switch.

Are you sure? On my 40 series, the courtesy light has three positions. The entire light fixture is the switch and slides back and forth. It has OFF, ON, and controlled by the door switch.

rjcorazza

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Are you sure? On my 40 series, the courtesy light has three positions. The entire light fixture is the switch and slides back and forth. It has OFF, ON, and controlled by the door switch.

Unfortunately I'm sure. The lamp has the standard 3 position switch, but there is no door switch. Maybe the door switch guy on the assembly line took an early lunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
This place sells a plethora of switch styles, lettering and graphics that illuminate as you desire. I believe they refer to this lighting option as "upper independent". The text/graphic illuminates with ignition on.

https://www.otrattw.net/Contura-V-Series-Upper-Independent-Lighting/

The form factor is similar to the cut-outs in the overhead cab. I've ordered from this place on a couple of occasions and satisfied with the transaction and quality of products.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I just checked my L4060... The dash is of course lit, as are the AC controls (temp, fan, recirculation, and AC on), wiper switches, and work light switches.
What I do not like is that the overhead courtesy light is not controlled with a door switch.

Pretty cheap on Kubota's part and potentially a discharge issue as well. My M9HDCC3 has door switches on both doors but I did replace the incandescent bulb with an LED a while ago,

jk96

Equipment
L6060
Oct 17, 2019
St. Joseph
Unfortunately I'm sure. The lamp has the standard 3 position switch, but there is no door switch. Maybe the door switch guy on the assembly line took an early lunch!
Same on mine. 2019 L6060. Far left position turns the light on. The other two positions do nothing with door open or closed.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Granted I did not pay what you guys did, but I have the same disappointment with my B2650.

It takes another wire and door switch(maybe two if access is possible from both doors on a particular tractor). What does that add to the cost?

While many people said the Kubota is quite better than the competition, some things just leave you scratching your head in bewilderment!! :confused:

jk96

Equipment
L6060
Oct 17, 2019
St. Joseph
While many people said the Kubota is quite better than the competition, some things just leave you scratching your head in bewilderment!! :confused:
I just traded my 2015 Farmall 55C for the Kubota L6060. So far I have been really impressed with Kubota. Actually more so than expected. A few things I liked better on the Case tractor but not many.