B2650 MMM and BH

PilotRPI

Sep 20, 2019
Hopkinton
Anyone here have a B2650 with a MMM and backhoe? It looks like the lifting mechanism for the MMM attaches to the 3pt arms. So when you want to use the BH, do you have to remove the MMM plus some type of lifting connection with the 3pt arms?

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
I have the setup you're describing and yes with the BH77 installed the 3Pt arms are removed so the brackets that sit over them to lift and lower the MMM don't engage. I was told if I really wanted to mow with the BH installed I could get some adapter arms that would operate the mechanism. I didn't pursue it though as I figured I would never be mowing my lawn with the BH attached.

The BH is really easy to get off and on. It takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to either attach or drop the BH now. That includes installing or removing the 3Pt arms.

PilotRPI

Sep 20, 2019
Hopkinton
I have the setup you're describing and yes with the BH77 installed the 3Pt arms are removed so the brackets that sit over them to lift and lower the MMM don't engage. I was told if I really wanted to mow with the BH installed I could get some adapter arms that would operate the mechanism. I didn't pursue it though as I figured I would never be mowing my lawn with the BH attached.

The BH is really easy to get off and on. It takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to either attach or drop the BH now. That includes installing or removing the 3Pt arms.
So when you take the 3pt arms off, do you have to take the MMM off, or can you leave it in place and still use the backhoe? If you can leave the MMM in place, I assume it would just be stuck in the highest position?

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
So when you take the 3pt arms off, do you have to take the MMM off, or can you leave it in place and still use the backhoe? If you can leave the MMM in place, I assume it would just be stuck in the highest position?
The latter. You just have to pin up the mower in the raised position.

Personally I just remove the mower though. It arrived from the dealer with the MMM pinned up, and that's probably the last time it'll be pinned up. But that's just my preference, I worry about banging the mower around while doing dirt work. Just depends on how smooth and clean the terrain is where you're working.

Last edited:

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
Like PA452 my mower is off when I am doing other work. Typically it is on when I am mowing, otherwise it is sitting on a pallet in the coverall. They are a little harder to clip on and off but I worry about banging it on something when I am doing diet work or moving rocks and wood, so I prefer it off. It could stay pinned up I guess but like PA452 says it really depends how smooth the terrain is