2.5 gal YELLOW fuel can? (maybe Orange?)

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Since someone stole two of my jerrycans awhile ago, I like to mix them up a little, with diesel in the gas cans, gas in the diesel cans, etc. That way, if it happens again, the joke is on them...

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Since someone stole two of my jerrycans awhile ago, I like to mix them up a little, with diesel in the gas cans, gas in the diesel cans, etc. That way, if it happens again, the joke is on them...
lol! gotta keep people on their toes!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
When we used to dune often at Buttercup Dunes, (before there was a border wall) there was a tremendous problem with people crossing the border and stealing everything they could lay their hands on. Hardly a night went by without someone losing something- ice chests, camp chairs, tools, spare tires, motorcycles, quads, etc.

I began picking up every gas can I could find by the side of the road and putting old gas, waste cleaning solvent, lapping grit, water, old varnish, sand, used brake cleaner, mold, algae, etc, in them with just enough gas to smell right. I'd then leave them out for the thieves, and I don't think they ever missed taking one, probably 20-25 over the years. It warms my heart to think of all the potential damage I caused all those thieves over the years.:D

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The only problem with that, is when you don't tell your son and he fills your zero turn with diesel full instead of gasoline. Ran for about 20 minutes and then it looked like the area was being fogged for mosquitoes.

Reactions: 1 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
When we used to dune often at Buttercup Dunes, (before there was a border wall) there was a tremendous problem with people crossing the border and stealing everything they could lay their hands on. Hardly a night went by without someone losing something- ice chests, camp chairs, tools, spare tires, motorcycles, quads, etc.

I began picking up every gas can I could find by the side of the road and putting old gas, waste cleaning solvent, lapping grit, water, old varnish, sand, used brake cleaner, mold, algae, etc, in them with just enough gas to smell right. I'd then leave them out for the thieves, and I don't think they ever missed taking one, probably 20-25 over the years. It warms my heart to think of all the potential damage I caused all those thieves over the years.:D
That is downright terrible......:D

You aren't one of those people who gift wrap litter box droppings and leave them sit somewhere in a public place so a potential thief gets a 'present', are you?:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The only problem with that, is when you don't tell your son and he fills your zero turn with diesel full instead of gasoline. Ran for about 20 minutes and then it looked like the area was being fogged for mosquitoes.
Or much worse. Know of a guy who was burned over 30% of his body with a mistaken can of charcoal lighter that was in fact gasoline. His kid filled the charcoal lighter fluid can with gas for who knows what reason and he soused the charcoal and lit a match and that was that.

My 0 turn don't run bad on diesel but don't have much power and won't idle worth a darn.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You aren't one of those people who gift wrap litter box droppings and leave them sit somewhere in a public place so a potential thief gets a 'present', are you?
There is a huge problem with "porch pirates" in the Phoenix area. I personally haven't lost any packages, but if I do, that is exactly what I plan to do. Except my presents won't be from the litter box.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Reviving an older thread here.
I finally broke down & decided to buy an orange 2.7 gal fuel jug from Cycle Gear ($24.99), only to find out they now only carry white or red.:mad:

Searched some more and found a 2.5 gal orange jug from Summit Racing Equipment for $19.99. (plus shipping of course) It's on order. I can use the filler hoses from my larger 5 gal fuel cans.
sum-946003_sm_ml.jpg

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bill, it also says, " Due to shipper and supplier delays, your order may take longer to arrive. Learn more. "

Probably better not be in a hurry. They blame the delay on Covid 19.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Len, I've been ordering a ton of stuff lately, mainly from eboy, and that disclaimer is on everything.
I have yet to get anything late, but maybe I've just been lucky. Fingers crossed.
Actually, on the fuel jug, it's for the tractor up north, and I have no idea when I can get there next, so no hurry anyway.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I am in process of fixing a gas can for our mowers and gator. Have a small tank taken off a implement that is about 15 or so gallons. May strap to a custom pallet for unloading and loading, but will be using air pressure to push the gas rather than a pump. Have an outlet on the bottom of the tank so will connect gas hose from there with nozzle to control the gas into mower.

Have seen others using such a set up on forums, how I got the idea and finally realized, I had the right size tank. For my diesel have a 150 gallon tank with manual pump in a small trailer. It is seldom I totally fill that tank FULL. Normally try to guess need for two or three months.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My thinking is that you will get much more water condensation with a partially filled fuel tank. Both of my tractors as well as the sawmill are always filled to the top at the end of the day.

Glassman13

Jan 26, 2017
wimauma fl.
On my 2301 i made a platform that straddles the FEL lift arms, 2 2x4s keeps it snug on the arm, then using a syphon, jiggle hose to fill the tank with a 5 gal. can. Still have the issue of watching for overflow!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
After years of having normal fuel cans I broke down a few weeks ago and bought a plastic five gallon fuel jug like the one Lil Foot has ordered, with the tube pour spout.
I'm really liking it, it's made fueling awkward location fuel tanks easy.
I have a very large electric pump fuel tank at home, but it's hard when we are doing jobs out and about, I've had both the tractor, the bobcat, and a handful of other pieces of equipment on a job for the last 3 months.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Fast fill cans are nice for some things, but I can't use them for the tractor- can't get them under the hood, and they pour too fast for my in-the -filler- neck fuel strainer.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Fast fill cans are nice for some things, but I can't use them for the tractor- can't get them under the hood, and they pour too fast for my in-the -filler- neck fuel strainer.
Very interested in the "in-the-neck-filler-fuel strainer.......can you give us more info as to where to purchase, etc? Thanks for all your informative post!!

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I know I am late to the party, but this is what I use to fill all my equipment. I bought two of them one for gas and one for kerosene or diesel. Pump It