Rear View Mirror?

Loblolly

Equipment
L2600DT Kubota, 8N Ford, Ferris Zero, JD D160, Bush Hog FTH720, Bush Hog BH5.
Jun 9, 2019
Texas
When bush hogging, I like to look back at the mower from time to time, just checking things out. Have to undo the seat belt and twist around to get a good quick look.. kind of a pain in the A. Just wondering if anyone has tried a rear view mirror attached somewhere, like up on the ROP maybe.

Beneficial at all? Pro/Cons? BS?
Thanks.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have a cab, came with outside mirrors, which I use.

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
Loblolly-
I have an after market canopy on Bessie II, my B2601. I picked up a wide, segmented rear view mirror marketed for golf carts. The mounts attach to the forward-facing horizontal supports, and the mirror itself articulates up and down, allowing me to look down at the 3pt implement, immediately behind it or, with a twist, back to check whats behind me.
Also, search on the forum and see those neat mirrors someone attached to folding bicycle kick stands. They lay flat when not in use. So cool!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
When bush hogging, I like to look back at the mower from time to time, just checking things out. Have to undo the seat belt and twist around to get a good quick look.. kind of a pain in the A. Just wondering if anyone has tried a rear view mirror attached somewhere, like up on the ROP maybe.

Beneficial at all? Pro/Cons? BS?
Thanks.
Great minds think alike! :D Couldn't be happier with my side truck mirror mounted horizontally to be able to watch the rear snow blower and its path without turning around while backing up! I'll be making a bracket to mount to my rops to keep it in the same position next summer when the home made cab is off. Previously had it on my JD750 compact tractor and it was great for watching the roto tiller and rear implements. It gives a wide angle of view and can be tilted to watch whatever your like, plus keep an eye on anything coming up behind you. Here's a pic of the mirror and mount in my B2650 cab build. You can see it centered at the top. It can also be heated but that's never been necessary.
IMG_2163.JPG

With this approach you don't have two mirrors to watch on either side but it gives you more of a top view rather than a side view. You just have to be careful being seated or getting up off the seat. But you can say "Good Bye!) to a stiff neck with the addition of mirrors!!:D

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I have golf cart mirrors mounted on the loader masts

Yesterday I added one to the front of my canopy to use when the loader is off

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
https://www.amazon.com/ValChoose-Ad...+Valchoose&qid=1570985452&s=automotive&sr=1-4

After reading about adding mirrors I did some looking around. I bought the mirrors linked above. I was impressed with the design and quality. Has 1-3/4" and 2" mounting clamps to choose from.

They are designed to install on a golf cart round canopy corner support. So I mounted them on some 1.5" pvc pipe (1.900" OD) attached with a 1-7/8" muffler clamp to the loader mast.

They came with some rubber sleeves to allow for a tighter fit, and to dampen vibration. Am tickled with the results. Very little if any vibration with them.

If I had a canopy, I may have used something different. But with no canopy I had to be a little more creative. And I did read where several people who added mirrors wrote about them vibrating. These are as clear as is they were on a car. Love them so far.

Reactions: 1 user

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
[QUOTE
After reading about adding mirrors I did some looking around. [/QUOTE]

I couldn't resist commenting on this statement.
Mirrors are intended to prevent "looking around".

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I have Amazon mirrors that I attached with magnets to the loader masts. I was hogging along the fence line with jungle leaning over the fence. Apprehensive of yellow jackets I didn't notice knocking off the right side mirror. I fully expected to find shredded pieces of it but went looking where I figured it to be and found it intact. Now I move them inboard when mixing it up with foliage. I mainly rely on them for finish mowing.

chuck99z28

Premium Member

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 13, 2019
Virginia
I have Amazon mirrors that I attached with magnets to the loader masts. I was hogging along the fence line with jungle leaning over the fence. Apprehensive of yellow jackets I didn't notice knocking off the right side mirror. I fully expected to find shredded pieces of it but went looking where I figured it to be and found it intact. Now I move them inboard when mixing it up with foliage. I mainly rely on them for finish mowing.
Same here, specifically these magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013L2MQ6E

On these mirrors

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073YLF753

Reactions: 1 users

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I used those exact mirrors! I like those magnets better than the round ones I got though.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I did the golf cart mirrors attached with magnets
Went to the hardware store and got #10 x 3/4" bolt and nut (no washer) used a little loctite.
The round magnets (I believe) give a wider surface area..... anyways these things are ON-THERE. I was going to drill another hole to add a 3rd magnet... but I don't think there is any need, you can adjust the mirrors all day long and they do not move.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Hack75

Equipment
B2150 with LA350A. And L2800 with Woods 60 Brushbull
Aug 16, 2020
Indiana
Exactly what I have been looking for I am ordering today, thank you
I have received my mirrors and magnets from Amazon and wonder how you attached them! The screws that came with the mirror are too big and the holes don’t line up. With the correct screw you could only attach the magnet to one hole. I’ll order the round magnets. Still like the idea though.