Issue with L series HST pedal

Getorange

Aug 25, 2019
Portland,or,usa
I have a L3130 with a pedal issue. Pedal works without issue going forward, however when you try to go in reverse pedal is restricted. Pedal bearly tilts whcih only let's the tractor creep backwards in reverse. There is nothing restricting the movement above or below the deck and there isn't an issue with the small external rod that connects to the two linkage connections that enter the casing below the deck. The issue seems to be with on of the linkages going into the metal casing (transmission casing???). Both linkage points move freely when the pedal is pushed forward but are restricted (stopped/doesn't move) when going in reverse. I going to take off the detach the external rod and see if it is one or both the linkages that are stuck. I also tried liberal amounts on wd 40 with no avail.
Thanks

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Probably has nothing to do with your issue. But just info to have. Recently my HST pedal quit going back to neutral. It would function if I put my foot centered on it and rocked it back and forth. Would not work using my toe as I usually do. Found out it was a broken spring on the linkage that set it back to neutral. Trip to the auto repair store and all fixed.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I was having issues going into reverse, cleaned out all the mud from under my pedal, issue solved.

Wife said she was going to make me change my boots every time I was getting in and out of the tractor. :p :D

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Probably has nothing to do with your issue. But just info to have. Recently my HST pedal quit going back to neutral. It would function if I put my foot centered on it and rocked it back and forth. Would not work using my toe as I usually do. Found out it was a broken spring on the linkage that set it back to neutral. Trip to the auto repair store and all fixed.
The hydro pedal spring on my 1993 B1750 fatigued and broke earlier this summer. This is the first failure of any kind for my 26 year old 1750.

I ordered a new spring from Kubota and replaced it.

When ordering, I learned that there is a SN break where the spring was changed to a so-called "hose spring." To avoid vibration of the spring, subsequent metal fatigue and failure, a short piece of rubber hose is now placed inside the spring to dampen out vibrations.

My 1750 does not have this feature as the change was made after it was manufactured. As the "hose spring" was more than twice as much as the non "hose spring," I bought the regular spring and inserted a piece of fuel line hose.

SDT