85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Not this one....

What are some of the clues you pick up on?

https://topeka.craigslist.org/grd/5156879550.html
must have taken a hellva shoehorn to get that 8 cyl gasser under that hood, I wonder if it has 4 valves per cyl and a turbo charger - or is that super charged?:D:p

that 3 point hotch must be something new that Kubota has come out with, and the 5 foot mower, hell - for once the tractor is too much for the mower!:D:)

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I was thinking about puttin a v8 gas engine in mine too.

Other than price is really low,photo most likely belong to someone else-obvious scam.
We get similar things here too. Really nice bota with a hoe and loader for 4700.
I guess they grew wise to him, havent seen ad fir a while.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Kubota Tractor with attatchments - $8500

The price is way too low. That is a key "hook" they use.

We have a 2001 Kubota for sale.

No mention of model or type. Tractor people know this is critical information, -like the service hours, which are not mentioned.

Has 8 cyl. Gas engine.

A Kubota 8 cylinder gas motor? Does it run on moon cheese?

3pt hotch with pto.

Criminals are notoriously bad spellers. They parody other ads without really understanding what they are parroting. This class tractor comes with a PTO as a standard item. Duh.

Pto is rated around 94hp.

Silly high number he pulled out of his youknowwhere. Obviously doesn't know rated HP and PTO HP are different.

Included is 5ft brush hog with new pto shaft.

Mighty small mower for this class tractor. Barely mows between the wheel tracks. This was probably something the criminal picked up from other ads.

Grader blade. 2 bottom plow and dirt scoop.

Dirt scoop? Is that an inner city term for folks who have never been within ten feet of a tractor?

Plus, no mention of the aftermarket FEL.

Just the obvious ones I noticed.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah even that sounds a bit low but a whole lot more realistic

Jimc3165

Equipment
1982 B7100 HST-D
Jul 22, 2015
CLEVELAND, GA
Kubota Tractor with attatchments - $8500

The price is way too low. That is a key "hook" they use.

We have a 2001 Kubota for sale.

No mention of model or type. Tractor people know this is critical information, -like the service hours, which are not mentioned.

Has 8 cyl. Gas engine.

A Kubota 8 cylinder gas motor? Does it run on moon cheese?

3pt hotch with pto.

Criminals are notoriously bad spellers. They parody other ads without really understanding what they are parroting. This class tractor comes with a PTO as a standard item. Duh.

Pto is rated around 94hp.

Silly high number he pulled out of his youknowwhere. Obviously doesn't know rated HP and PTO HP are different.

Included is 5ft brush hog with new pto shaft.

Mighty small mower for this class tractor. Barely mows between the wheel tracks. This was probably something the criminal picked up from other ads.

Grader blade. 2 bottom plow and dirt scoop.

Dirt scoop? Is that an inner city term for folks who have never been within ten feet of a tractor?

Plus, no mention of the aftermarket FEL.

Just the obvious ones I noticed.
That is what we call it in S GA. I just purchased one for my B7100
http://www.agrisupply.com/searchcenter.aspx?keyword=dirt scoop

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Jim,

I have seen those but didn't know what you call 'em.

Again, this is an implement for a smaller class tractor. This machine is a Big Jose.

MizzouTiger

Equipment
L3200HST w/LA524 FEL, Rhino BX66 & RX5, Land Pride FDR1672
Sep 19, 2015
West Central Missouri
Dang someone already flagged it. Wanted to show y'all the lameness of this ad, bummer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
We bought a new BX1870 this year. I spent most of this last Winter deciding between purchasing 'good-used' and new. After cruising craigslist almost daily for a few months, it became apparent just how popular this series was. Popular enough that even the idiot scammers were focused on them. At times, there would be multiple ads with different stories, different descriptions. What was always the same was the picture in front of the same house and the same pricing, 30-50% below market value. I guess Kubota should take the scammers' attention as a back-handed compliment!

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I find that a Phone # and Text charlie(ie), in the photo is one give away. Another is a picture that doesn't fit the box, that appears when you click on the ad. Also, weird symbols, and alternate option symbols, in the title of ad is a dead giveaway. All ways, the hook price is too low, and is an odd #, like $2043. Them african scammers just can't figger these things out...:D:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Same ad 3,4 or 5 times a day. 4700 for a jd with mower deck loader and backhoe. I reported ad at least 100 times over the past year and still it appears. Do not reply to ad, use email as i am on holiday.after so many times, you would think they would give up. I have been tempted to reply, but identity theft is what i figure is their goal.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This one has been on Phoenix CL for a month, usually 5 or 6 ads all at the same time.

Attachments

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Same ad 3,4 or 5 times a day. 4700 for a jd with mower deck loader and backhoe. I reported ad at least 100 times over the past year and still it appears. Do not reply to ad, use email as i am on holiday.after so many times, you would think they would give up. I have been tempted to reply, but identity theft is what i figure is their goal.
I did play their game to see where it went. In the end she sends you to a website that only takes bank xfer to a account in England. The give you a login to a scam site they made that pretends to be a company who will ship it to you. I told her I'm only a few hours away from the location and I will pay cash when I see it. She says it's already at this places warehouse which she won't give out.

Story for the tractor (pictured in front of a pond parked on a patio stone area) is its her dad's and he recently died.

Ad Was down near Toronto canada when i found it on kijiji

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This one has been on Phoenix CL for a month, usually 5 or 6 ads all at the same time.

Not just Phoenix. It's listed for Little Rock, Fayetteville, Jonesboro, in Arkansas. Also seen it pop up on east Texas, Northwest Louisiana, and Oklahoma searches. Plus Missouri, so I would say they are pretty ambitious.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Simple,,,, If it sounds to good to be true it probably is

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
You are better off to risk loosing a good deal then to risk loosing your shirt.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I hooked on a scam before figuring it out when I was looking on CL. Then, my wife found my L-3800. I was itching to go see it and asked the guy to send me pictures. He wouldn't send any saying, "The hood has some damage from an accident." The machine was advertised with 126 hours and three implements. It was 9 mos old and he was only asking $20,750 for the lot.

But, we hadn't closed on the house yet and my wife would not approve the purchase until the house was ours. Wives are so nit-picky sometimes.:(

Three weeks later, I go to the CL page and the pic was gone. My heart sank. I found the guys number and called him. He still had it but it had been listed so long, the CL page timed out. I felt really odd knowing this thing had been listed for over two months and hadn't sold. Something smelled fishy. But, with no better options, I jumped at an offer by a bud to ride up with him in his Ford F-250 with his trailer to haul it home.

When I saw the tractor, I started laughing, which kinda set the tone for the sale. It looked like someone had punched the poor thing in the nose. The hood had a huge dent on it which had taken out both light housings. Other than that and a little paint fading after sitting out for 9 mos, it looked in great shape.

The seller said he had priced a new hood but decided to sell it "as is" rather than spending the $850 he said it would cost to replace at the dealer. I offered him $19,250 for the package and he reluctantly took it. (He was itching to downsize to a BX because he was a vintner and wanted a narrower machine to get more rows in each vineyard.) We loaded up the whole pile and drove to the bank to do the deal. He said that he has almost $28 in the package. (OUCH!)

Why I laughed...

With a couple of major issues that had relatively simple solutions, its has been a "hoss." While I constantly call it "her tractor," even my wife admits the Kubota has paid for itself in the two years we have owned it. My machine is proof there actually are great deals out there on CraigsList if you weed out the scams. Be skeptical and talk to a human and get pictures, if none are posted or only one or two. Somebody that can take specific pictures for you means the likelihood the machine is real and in his barn, increases dramatically. Or, as in my case, it might be uglier than he wants to show!

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Two new scams on Phoenix Craigslist again, check out the description on this one.:)

Attachments