A place to rant :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Seems like the way things are going, all the changes that have been made. The guberment screwing with things. And the lazy bums collecting welfare instead of being productive in society, more of us are ranting and taking over threads ;)

So here's a place to rant about what ever you like :D

My biggest beef lately is with the changes to our health insurance. I go to the dentist for a "free" cleaning and end up with a bill showing up in the mail for 200$ :confused: My wifes hit her deductible for her insurance copays, and we still get billed 80$ for an office visit. Even though it shouldn't cost anything any more :mad: Vision care seems to be going the same way. Frames should have been covered since I haven't changed frames in four years. They wouldn't cover the frames!! And the new prescription drug coverage is for the birds. I have to do mail order through one pharmacy that only has two locations in the state. I can use a local pharmacy for a one time deal. Then they get creative with the math :mad: Had it in writing that a one month script costs $10, and 3 month is $20 mail order. They then send a one month script instead of the 3 month that was ordered and charge me $35 instead of $10 saying it's a penalty for ordering a one month supply :mad: Then if the doc changes a med, or tells you to stop taking it, the pharmacy will still send it and bill for it!! Even though it wasn't ordered :mad: I Spend on average 6 hours on hold every three months getting my meds right, when it should be extremely simple:mad: And usually have to fight over the bill as well, cause they say I have a non payment because I refuse to pay for something I didn't order that they decided to send!!!

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
OK Darren, I'll bite. At age 86 I have been lucky, but am beginning to see the fundamental change promised by pres about 6 years back. A groin hernia showed up and doc says: "You are in pretty good shape, so it depends on what to do. I think you should live with it, even if it can be fixed. If in worse shape, no fix at all". Since pres has robbed from the Medicare Advantage programs, rationing is here.

Being former military, I can sympathize with the military guys with those decisions now made by white house staffer bureaucrats. I'll bet a lot changes will come when those black robed characters get their first A bomb and use it here. Pres has his head up his a... His Fundamental change idea is pretty mild as compared to things then as a result of his ignorance.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I can see health care being a massive undertaking, for canada its already in place and grew with the population. Our problem is rural facilities lacking doctors. Everybody wants to be part of the urban sprawl and placing doctors in a rural setting is near impossible. Adding to that, doesent matter who is running the show, all the usual staff stay the same. As do policies. Changes cant be made without dumping the whole works and starting from zero.right down to the guy scrubbing the toilets.

Many physicians come here from outside north america,which for some can be an issue in itself.

I dont know what i would do if health care went away.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm against virtually every aspect of obama care, but here's an aspect of it most people aren't aware of- We have always had excellent health insurance through the company my wife worked for. Next year, obama care will begin fining companies who provide "cadillac" insurance plans- in other words, if they continue to provide us with excellent insurance at reasonable rates, they will have to pay a fine approaching a million dollars. So, needless to say, our coverage is going down, & our rates are going up. Thanks a lot obama care.:mad:

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Some of you are either to young or to old to remember the eighties. You want health care? Buy it! I was self employed, made a good living but a diabetic. It did not mater how much money I had, I could not buy health insurance, it was called a preexisting condition. I am 67, and have opted out of medicare and choose to buy my own insurance. Not many of the ranters have given back their social security checks or medicare benefits. Lets hope they don't go back too far.

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I'm sick of the libs and the government trying to make me feel guilty about
being a white, working class American! Seems like nowadays if you're living
off the system, you have all the"rights". I also don't understand what the libs
and the current administration does not understand about the word illegal. I
wonder when Osama will change the name of this country to "The United Arab
Republic". The administration is trying to make you feel like an intruder if you
we're born here and work for a living and obey the laws. I say Ted Nuget for president. If I have offended to many people, let me know and this will be my
last post. Thank you:confused:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
pendoreille, I'm confused by your post. I understand you have a pre-existing condition and could not get health insurance in the 1980's.

You opt out of medicare and buy your own insurance, would this be at age 65 you do this?. If so how do you do that. Isn't medicare contribution taken from your weekly or monthly or quarterly tax statement when ever you make a self employment tax payment? Isn't everyone at age 65 required to have medicare A & B (unless you have RR or Gov't or State retirement)?

Is it less expensive to purchase your own insurance at age 67 then participate in medicare A & B and fill in with some medi-gap policy?

How would anyone (including the "ranters") give back any social security or medicare benefits?

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
A is automatic..B is choice and not being able to buy insurance stretched into the 90's. Never had a job as such that paid insurance but pretty much worked 6/12. They got rid of pre-existing for a couple of years then brought it back. Then no insurance. Doc used to save drug company samples for me, then wife got a job that had a group, saved my ass. at times meds were 1100 a month.
still kicking though.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor...:D

We have to pass the bill, to know what's in the bill...:D
My favorite, "if you like your insurance.... you get to keep your insurance!!!" :rolleyes: "current policy's won't change!!!" :rolleyes:

Sawmill, no worry's. Had direct dealings with that. Parents had both lost there jobs, then my mom got cancer and lost her unemployment. Couldn't work do to a non existent immune system. There total income was 550$ a month. Wife and I spent two years supporting them as well as our house hold till mom was able to get disability. They applied for food stamps to try and cut down what my wife and I were sending them to keep them a float and got a one time emergency draw of $25:mad: witnessed a guy in walmart try buying fifty pounds of canned dog food with food stamps, get denied, and go back and bought 50 lbs of Hamburger. I kept my cool till we hit the parking lot and saw him get into a $50k truck :mad:

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Daren, I strongly believe that people (like your folks) that really need help should get it. The ones I have a problem with is these people that have a family history of welfare just keep milking the system. When there kids turn 18 they start getting there checks. This area I live in is a welfare 'hot spot'. There's several guys around here in there 20's (with so called bad backs) on disability riding around on there atv's and snowmobiles, changing engines and transmissions in there cars, etc. There's definitely something wrong with this system.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I have bid jobs, lost the bid by 50%, may have been the same crew. Over the years I popped a few. L&I Compliance Officer etc....they had insurance, no overhead and no taxes. Pend Oreille County was a haven indeed.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Quote of the DECADE. Wait a minute. It's the greatest quote ever !

“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s a major accomplishment.”

- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said? And she may be running for President?

Obfuscation to the MAX !!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sawmill, I totally agree. Knew lot's of folks up north like that. See the same thing here. Just ticks me off when you hear the bleeding heart liberals saying welfare parents don't breed welfare kids :mad: Thats a great big crock of BS!!! System was supposed to help the destitute get back on there feet. I'm a firm believer that they need to drug test the whole lot of them and if they fail, they lose there benefits. Also feel that there should be a time limit. Only allowed to collect for a certain amount of time and then your on your own!!!! And them kids that say that they have back issues and pain at 20 :rolleyes: Give me a break!!! They need to man up, pop some advil, put on the big boy pants, and get off there lazy butts like thest of us :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I'm just gona sit here and bite my tongue, oh shoot I might as well get into it too,, At work I had a bud that worked in the PA welfare office. A woman came in said she needed more money because her kid had something wrong with him or something like that. Anyway Bill said I don't know I ll have to check and let you know,,, The kid with this woman was maybe 13 at the time piped up and told him where to look what section he needed to review and what form he had to fill out so his mother could get the money,,, Chapter and verse this kid knew it, but then he was only 3rd gen on welfare

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Where is Ross Perot when we need him the most....."that sucking sound you here is the jobs leaving America"

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
sawmill, this is your quote, "This area I live in is a welfare 'hot spot' ".

You are correct, however incomplete. The USA is a welfare "hot spot". We now have a couple of generations who believe they deserve, are owed, gotta have, goin-a get, everything available from the gov't. That's why we now call them entitlements.