BS2660 won't start

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
I've had problems with my Kubota BX2660 not starting because the F/R pedal doesn't always get back in the right position. But my problem now is that all of a sudden the engine cranks, but won't turn over. I can hear the fuel pump running. The engine tries turning over and the entire front end starts shaking, but the engine won't turn over. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Also if anybody knows where I can get a power steering unit to fit my L245DT, it would be great. I have one on there now, but the fittings, which are leaking, are homemade and I can't get them to seal. I'm not even sure what make the power steering unit is.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This statement counterdicts itself:"the engine cranks, but won't turn over." When the starter engages and spins the flywheel, that is making reference to the engine turning over, or the engine cranking.

Can you describe better how the engine shakes and exactly what you're doing when it shakes.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
I didn't mean to be confusing. I mean it tries to start. After the engine tries to turn over a couple of times, the entire engine shakes when it turns. Might be something it naturally does and I haven't noticed because it always started so quickly. Didn't shake when it ran. It acts like it's not getting any fuel.

I appreciate your responding to my post.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Several different things might be happening, #1 check fuses, there is probably a fuse for the stop solenoid that could be your problem.
Next move on to bleeding the injectors, if you don't get fuel then we need to work backwards from there.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Re: BX2660 won't start

Thanks D2Cat and N Idaho Wolfman. Is there a line fuse for the stop solenoid or is it in a group of fuses like in a car? I'm not sure bleeding the fuel lines will work because I can't think of anyway air could have gotten in the line, but we'll go with the solenoid first.

This is the first time I've had this problem. I tried to separate an in-line connection to the seat thinking maybe the stop run device under the seat had somehow gotten stuck, but I can't get it to separate. I'm going to look for another way to disconnect it just to troubleshoot.

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. I really appreciate your suggestions. Only thing worse than having a tractor down, is having two of them down.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look for power on the solenoid with a test light with power on and right after power off.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Re: BX2660 won't start

Have my voltmeter ready, but can't locate the solenoid. I've traced the wiring from the starter key, to battery, to alternator, etc. Everything is packed in so tight. Nothing in my manual and can't seem to find any info online. Where is solenoid located?