Hydraulic Problems

freeon

Feb 5, 2019
Canada
I have a L2550 GST. I just finished tearing it down to fix and repaint it. I had everything of the tractor. There was only motor, transmission and axles left. While apart I also took apart the rear axle to change a seal. Change the hydraulic filter and put in new hydraulic oil. This weekend I started the tractor and the 3 point hitch wasn't going up.. Made sure the knob under the seat was opened. Connected the cylinder for the plow to the valve block and the cylinder was only moving a little bit. I figured something wasn't put together properly. Below is the manual that show how it's supposed to be connected. And the other 2 pics show how it's connected. It appears to be correct. The hydraulic block itself or the lines that go back to the pump were never taken off. Any idea were I should start looking.

Attachments

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I'd suggest swapping your 2 and 3 ends (either at the valve or the block).

Looking at your loader valve the port on the side looks to be the PB "power beyond" port and should go to the INLET at the hydraulic block. The valve port labeled "out" goes to the tank port on the block.

As always, prompt good-natured refund if info is bogus.

p.s. you mentioned new paint - here's a L3250 repaint from 5 years ago - still looks pretty good - although the sun goes to work on Kubota Orange. Take care, Dick B

freeon

Feb 5, 2019
Canada
That was it. However just as I feared it looks like I blew a seal or something. Oil is coming out off the 2 bolts besides the knob. I assume it's one or all of the or rings shown on the diagram(part 150 and 170). Could it be something else before I start ordering parts?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That was it. However just as I feared it looks like I blew a seal or something. Oil is coming out off the 2 bolts besides the knob. I assume it's one or all of the or rings shown on the diagram(part 150 and 170). Could it be something else before I start ordering parts?
yep sounds like an O-ring leak, do all 4 at the same time. ;)

freeon

Feb 5, 2019
Canada
Anyone know the exact size of these o rings. I ordered some from the dealer but will take a few days. If I had the correct sizes I could probably find some in stock locally. I took them of and the 2 that are labeled as 150 on the diagram are not the same sizes. So one shrunk or the other expanded, and since I don't know which is the correct size I can't just measure them.