2011 Kubota L3200 fair value

Dwats

Oct 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN
Guess I'm going to sell the L3200. Bought it new thinking I might do some side work and life got in the way. A little over kill to cut 3 acres of lawn. Like I said 7 years of nothing more than cutting the grass. 265 hours looks new except for some scuffs from tree limbs. Kept garaged. So, does anyone have an idea of what would be a fair asking price?

BTW
No, not my first post. Been on here for years but not a big poster. Forgot username/password and don't have access to the email I used the first time. Thanks

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I don't know tractor values at all - other than used ones around here seem to go for almost as much as new. Check out the price of a new L3301 similarly equipped and drop it by fifteen or twenty percent. If your tractor is old enough to predate the Tier IV emissions requirements it may be worth more than that, even almost as much as a new one. I went with an L2501 specifically to avoid the Tier IV add ons.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Guess I'm going to sell the L3200. Bought it new thinking I might do some side work and life got in the way. A little over kill to cut 3 acres of lawn. Like I said 7 years of nothing more than cutting the grass. 265 hours looks new except for some scuffs from tree limbs. Kept garaged. So, does anyone have an idea of what would be a fair asking price?

BTW
No, not my first post. Been on here for years but not a big poster. Forgot username/password and don't have access to the email I used the first time. Thanks
Go to tractorhouse.com and look up comparable tractors in your area.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...ltxt=L3200&mdlx=Contains&qss=1&FullText=L3200

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
As mentioned, a non dpf pre tier IV machine is going to be a sought after tractor, at least with a knowledgeable buyer.
I made the mistake of just trading in my 2002 L3410 for my current L4060 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dwats

Oct 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I looked at some of the sites with used tractor listings. That helps a little but as Rick on Pawn Stars says what someone is asking doesn't mean they'll get it. But I got a ballpark figure doing it.

I went ahead and called the owner of the dealership I bought the tractor from. I knew him fairly well having dealt with him quite a bit in my job at the time. He took some info and will get back to me. I'll post what he tells me. Again thanks everyone.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
When I was briefly interested in a used L3301 that was owned by the previous homeowner, my dealer told me 60% of new was about right assuming it was in great condition with low hours.

That said, I can***8217;t see selling my L for 12k.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yea, that dealer would try to buy/trade for 60% of new, because he has to pretty it up and stand behind it to some degree. That is an extremely low percentage offer, and when selling to an individual you'll get much more for a 2011 tractor.

I sold a 22 year old tractor for 60% of new!

The best way to price your tractor is to take you time and actually shop for YOUR tractor, as close to it as you can find. When you've looked up 15-20 machines just like yours, you get a good picture of it's value to others.

The more difficult it is to find your model might be a good indicator of it value. Might mean they're not being sold because thy can't be replaced with similar product.

I looked for 9 months a couple of years ago looking for an L4240. And I mean online almost every day! I found one 300 miles away and before I could go look at it, it was sold. Looked for another 2 months and bought it based on dealer communication, talking to the man who traded it in, dealer service dept, and pictures! Found someone on "U-Ship it" to get it to me. I first actually saw it when he unloaded it.

The pre tier4 tractors are actually increasing in value right now.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yea, that dealer would try to buy/trade for 60% of new, because he has to pretty it up and stand behind it to some degree. That is an extremely low percentage offer, and when selling to an individual you'll get much more for a 2011 tractor.

I sold a 22 year old tractor for 60% of new!

The best way to price your tractor is to take you time and actually shop for YOUR tractor, as close to it as you can find. When you've looked up 15-20 machines just like yours, you get a good picture of it's value to others.

The more difficult it is to find your model might be a good indicator of it value. Might mean they're not being sold because thy can't be replaced with similar product.

I looked for 9 months a couple of years ago looking for an L4240. And I mean online almost every day! I found one 300 miles away and before I could go look at it, it was sold. Looked for another 2 months and bought it based on dealer communication, talking to the man who traded it in, dealer service dept, and pictures! Found someone on "U-Ship it" to get it to me. I first actually saw it when he unloaded it.

Sure are as people come to the realization that post 4 units are complex and suffer from issues (not all but some).

Why I didn't bat an eye about paying 18 for my 2004 M9 I bought this spring.

My dealer (owner) was at the farm a month ago and told me he'd give me 20 for it (no trade). Told him 'I'll keep it'.....:)

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama

^^^ good advice and from what i have seen in my 6mo search too...i just bought an L 3400, have been looking for a used 3200 > 3800 there are not that many out there, and the ones priced decent/fair deal (like what i feel i got) will be gone in short order, now i looked at a bunch of junk that was cheaper, but i tend to find if people have taken care of the little things they most likely were diligent in upkeep, just gives me a little better piece of mind;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Something that works for me.

I asked the salesman to go out and take pictures showing the worst details of the tractor. I said, "I don't want my wife to come out first time she sees the tractor and ask, why'd you buy that with....that big dent, or scratch or rust spot or broken weld, or tore up seat."

If you was trying to sell this to the most meticulous person you know and you didn't want them to be dissatisfied...those are the pictures I want. He did a good job. Then asked if I wanted any more pictures.

Then I called the previous owner after the dealer got his approval for me to
call. Found out it's history since new, why he traded, what he liked, what he disliked.

Made my decision making easy, because I already knew what a fair price was before locating the tractor from previous searches.