What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

CO Hal

Equipment
MX4800, loader, bushhog, forklift, rear blade
Sep 10, 2019
Colorado Springs
I made skids from 2" square tube steel to go under my bucket (side bolt on) when plowing snow. I hope they keep my blade from digging into my uneven drive. I'll post pics as soon as I hit the 5 post minimum.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Did a bit more brush hogging knocking down around 3 acres including a lot of cattails. Man do they clog the grill. Had to stop a few times to clean the grill and the internal screen. Also was able to get back in on my trails and brush hog. Next weekend I'll take the box blade back and work on filling the ruts in.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Worked at the farm with dad today. We did more clearing and cleaning up. Cut down one tree and moved the brush with the Kubota to the pile and hauled the firewood to the log pile. I moved and pushed down some smaller trees so dad was able to pull out an old wagon that had become overgrown.

Where you located in SI? I'm close to Carbondale.

Also, my ex father in law reamed my butt for felling tree's that way. He retired from the forest service and witnessed a couple guys get killed by the tree's coming back on them. Cut a notch on the side you want it to fall, then cut through the other side until you saw into the notch opening. Be safe...

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Where you located in SI? I'm close to Carbondale.

Also, my ex father in law reamed my butt for felling tree's that way. He retired from the forest service and witnessed a couple guys get killed by the tree's coming back on them. Cut a notch on the side you want it to fall, then cut through the other side until you saw into the notch opening. Be safe...
Jersey County. The tree was leaning hard, cut into it, used wedges to cause it to fall over towards the field. Took a little longer, but wanted to be be safely back when it went over and just let the weight of the tree slowly take it over. I had to keep dad back because he didn't think it was moving, told him to watch the wedges and the gap slowly increased with one wedge falling out, then the next and then the tree went on over.

Rglossip

Equipment
L3560 with FEL.
Oct 15, 2019
Kansas
Started using my new chain harrow today.6 foot wide 8 foot long.Ended up turning it over to it's most aggressive configuration.Even then it did not tear up pasture just spread manure.Think I might add some weight on top in an effort to drag more aggressively and make it easier to see my lanes.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Had a great day of digging post holes with the auger. We had a bunch of rain over the past week and what usually takes 20-30 minutes to dig (one hole) in our Prairie soil was done in a minute.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Put the chains on.
Need to put tarp straps on and run them in before I call them ready for work. There will be some adjustments along the way.
For new guys and gals with BX’s, I do this without spacers. Just need to “cheat” them to the outside and keep them tight.
It’s a common question this time of year. Many do use spacers just to make a little extra room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not doing anything with the tractors. Baler is hooked up so I can use the hydraulics when needed while I work on it. Had to take off the tires, 2 drive chains, 4 sprockets, the pickup, the left side door and 4 bearings just to get to 1 bad bearing. Weather has been great and all I can do is wait on parts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The deer food plots are done but I still have some bushhogging to do.
This is not pointed at you Magicman, but I still get a laugh at "deer food plots", if anyone did that around here it would be a hoot, we call our deer food plots or land, our front yard, all over, no special deer food planting required! ;)

Why special deer foods plots, what that native food sources are not enough?
or is it more of a way to bait them in?

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have no agricultural land such as Alfalfa fields anywhere close to me. When we had cattle on the property we always had rye, oats, or wheat planted, but none now. Acorns are the deer's primary food source in our area and most hunting is geared toward the producing Oak trees. My plots are 1-2 acres planted in creek bottoms and have some Oak trees along the edges.

Baiting is illegal here.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This is not pointed at you Magicman, but I still get a laugh at "deer food plots", if anyone did that around here it would be a hoot, we call our deer food plots or land, our front yard, all over, no special deer food planting required! ;)

Some states allow baiting including here. Deer also have a ton of food sources in our area. so adding food plots and corn feeders on your land or hunting lease help keep the deer in your area instead of them moving on to someone else's property or hunting lease.

In other words, the hunters are stacking the deck :D:D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

I never understood why people spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to feed wildlife either. Like you Wolfman, around here there is so much food available that I don’t think they would notice a little more. I’m sure it isn’t the same everywhere.

Zaicran

Equipment
B2650, 72" MMM, LA534+QA, RCR1260
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Some states allow baiting including here. Deer also have a ton of food sources in our area. so adding food plots and corn feeders on your land or hunting lease help keep the deer in your area instead of them moving on to someone else's property or hunting lease.

In other words, the hunters are stacking the deck :D:D

Maryland allows it....and I don't like it. But that's another thread...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Maryland allows it....and I don't like it. But that's another thread...
I don't hunt, so I don't really worry about it all that much. Neighbor used to put out corn just for giggles. And had a game camera set up to get pictures of what came out for a visit.

He ended up with some interesting combinations. One night there were two coons, and a few deer eating at the same time. He also caught some good pictures of the wiley monster buck everyone was wanting a piece of.