Front mount hydraulic snow blower for MX4800

NHMX4800

Equipment
MX4800
Dec 30, 2015
amherst
Hi,

New to the forum and tractors in general--Just got an mx4800 for the office to move our equipment around as well as snow removal.

Currently have a rear pto blower and it works just fine but am curious about running a front mount hydraulic unit.

I checked the specs in the manual and if I am reading correctly the hydraulic pump capacity of my tractor is 35.8 gpm and 2560psi

the loader is a LA1065 with the quick attach, also have a third function valve

I see Lanpride makes the SBL2574--has anyone used this or a similar type snow blower, anything to be aware of? pros and cons ect

Also if there is an existing thread please link me to it as I could not find it in a search, thanks in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Captain buzz kill here: :(
Sorry, but no it's not 35.8gpm
It's 35.8 liters per min or 9.5 gal per min

A few issues come into play here:

Your probably not even going to get 9.5 gallons to flow through most valves setups and even more so if it's just a diverted valve for the 3rd function.

Most 3rd function valves will not lock on for continuous flow operation.

You need somewhere in the range of 11 to 25 gpm @3000 PSI to run a hydraulic snowblower, so your 9.5 gpm @2500 psi is under the requirement.

Now it can be done it's just not cheap or easy.
You need a PTO pump setup, recommend getting the cooler for it too.
http://erskineattachments.com/attachments/hydraulic-power-unit/hp15/

Your going to need to have the tires loaded with ballast and add counter weights to make up for the blower weight.

Here is a great set-up:
http://www.nationalimplement.com/media/Erskine/snow_blowers/hydraulic-power-unit.pdf

NHMX4800

Equipment
MX4800
Dec 30, 2015
amherst
Thank you! No buzzkill here, I thought the flow rate seemed really high for the tractor! And thank you for the links, seems like a good solution I can look into and it also looks like it will open the door to other hydraulic items I may want to run in the future [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I am with Wolfman............
I think you are misreading the capacity of your hydraulic pump.
A M7040 with factory FEL as a pump with 38.3 litres per minute or 10.12 usgpm or 8.42 imperial gpm.

Your smaller machine will not have the output you think it has perhaps because you are not using the correct units of measure.
some of that output may be used in other hydraulic systems such as draft control and power steering and FEL

Dave M7040

CO Hal

Equipment
MX4800, loader, bushhog, forklift, rear blade
Sep 10, 2019
Colorado Springs
Thanks Wolfman for the info. Just bought an MX4800 myself and in the same decision spot.