B2650 w/B2673 blade hydraulics question

TechDirector

Premium Member

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2019
Larkspur, CO
I recently purchased a used B2673 blade in great condition, and then had my dealer install a LandPride 3rd function setup during a recent service on by B2650. I now know I should have taken the blade - when I went to hook it up I realized that the hydraulic quick connects were a different size (3/8 vs. 1/2).

So off to the TS this morning to pick up some couplers, and got everything hooked up. However when I went to use the third function buttons, the blade would only pivot right and VERY slowly return to center and no further when using the other button. I reversed the hookup and got it to pivot the other way with a slow return. I could also grab the blade and move it by hand.

So obviously something is wrong - I assume on my end. I have downloaded every instruction I can find for the blade and 3rd function. Should I have the A and B ports on the 3rd function hooked up to specific ends of the piston? Once I get this sorted I will definitely move the male and female couplers around for specific hookup. My dealer is an hour away or I would stop by.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attachments

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
You don't seem to be getting any help on this one. Unfortunately, I am not very knowledgeable on hydraulics.
From a layman's perspective, sounds like whatever valve is operated by the switch is not switching over and is pressurizing both lines, or not allowing the unused line to dump pressure.
I can't imagine the problem being at the cylinder.
Sounds like a trip back to the shop is in order.
Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TechDirector

Premium Member

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2019
Larkspur, CO
I can't imagine the problem being at the cylinder.
Sounds like a trip back to the shop is in order.
Thanks. I spoke with the dealer today and he is perplexed as well. Suggested that I pull the lines going from the couplers to the piston and make sure they are clear. The unit WAS sitting out for a while before I bought it - so maybe some obstruction.

If that doesn't fix it back it goes...

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I'll be interested to hear what you think of that setup for plowing snow if you get it sorted out. I just got a B2650 with FEL and third function, and the hydraulic blade interested me some.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I really like the front blade on my L4060. It takes a little getting used to operating a ssqa mounted blade, particularly when the blade doesn't float independent of the FEL - Some do, some don't.
Running front and rear blades makes short work of residential driveways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I grew up with a quarter-mile long driveway or so. We always cleared it with a back blade.

My dad built a front blade contraption for their newer tractor and I hated it, still do. But it might have been more due to how it was put together. I'd like to try a good one someday.

I still assume I'll find the back blade more versatile though and prefer that.

TechDirector

Premium Member

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2019
Larkspur, CO
In case it helps anyone in the future, the issue was with a stuck coupling that wasn't connected correctly. I didn't mess with anything the dealer installed and ends up one of the connections was not fully connected - but would not easily pull off when I tugged on everything when double checking. We disconnected and reattached all couplers and its working like charm.