How much weight can a b2650 move?

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
On gravel with r4 tires, how much weight can a b2650 drag vs push?

Task is trying to move a 20' shipping container which weighs 3500-4500 lbs?

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
On gravel with r4 tires, how much weight can a b2650 drag vs push?

Task is trying to move a 20' shipping container which weighs 3500-4500 lbs?
It would be more beneficial if you could find some 3 inch diameter black iron and use them as rollers under the container while pushing or dragging.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Good idea! But can the b2650 even lift the container to get them under?
If you could get a jack under a corner or something similar to get the first roller on then have a friend help you as your moving to put additional pipes under the front of the container and keep adding them as needed. Will be a somewhat slower process but better than dragging the whole thing.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would not even try to pick up the container with the tractor. Instead dig a hole under the corner and use a bottle jack to lift the corner up and block it up with some 4x4s or other lumber. Go to the other corner, jack it up and slide a round under the container. A round post, heavy duty PVC, iron pipe etc. and push it to toward the middle of the container. Raise the container until you can get the first pipe past the middle and place a second log or pipe under the first end of the container. Once the container is on the pipes it is pretty easy to roll it The more pipes the easier it is to roll. You should be able to slide it sideways as long as you keep it on the pipes to turn it if needed. If you need to you can use a chain and binders to walk the container sideways by anchoring to a tree.

It is a lot of work but it can be done.

It may be easier and cheaper to hire a flatbed wrecker to suck it up onto the truck and drive it to where you need it. To purchase the pipes to roll it on can be some $$.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
We did exactly this recent at my dad's, but it was a 40' container and he has a BX26. It wasn't very effective with pipe rollers on coarse gravel, so we used my 1 ton pickup instead, and used the tractor to make the adjustments to the container while it was moving. Took about 45 minutes to move it 100 feet and rotate it 180 degrees.

wacnstac

Equipment
loader, forks, box blade, disc
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI
I have done this very thing with my 2650. It won't lift it, but it can push and pull it once you get it jacked up on something that will roll. We used old telephone poles. This all assumes you have a good surface with good traction. If you're in sand, the 2650 will just dig in.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The short answer is no. You have to be able to have the traction to overcome the drag the container will have, and unfortunately the B2650 isn't heavy enough. I'd think you'd find even an M-series Kubota might have trouble just dragging a 4k lb shipping container through loose gravel.

It surely won't lift the container.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I have done this very thing with my 2650. It won't lift it, but it can push and pull it once you get it jacked up on something that will roll. We used old telephone poles. This all assumes you have a good surface with good traction. If you're in sand, the 2650 will just dig in.
This is a good idea - we used pipe, but large posts or poles will make it roll easier!