Front mount vs 2nd unit

tb82

Aug 2, 2019
Worthington, MN
Hello all!

I currently have a B2650 with a loader. I am picking up snow accounts and currently have several condos developments lined up to do. I’m running out of time to decide on the best route for equipment. I’m struggling with the price of a B series front mount. I plan to back blade driveways out and either move that with a blower or the front loader. My dilemma is this; I need something for sidewalks, and for the price of a front mount snowblower, I can almost add a very low hour used GR with a blower. I’ve used one in the past, and they do a good job. It’s tough to justify an implement that costs as much as an additional unit I can put a guy on! I don’t like rear blowers, so I’m wondering what the opinion here is. Sidewalks in the area range from 48-60 inches, making the 51” B series front mount about right (albeit a bit wide in a couple areas). Of course the b series is a cab where the GR wouldn’t be without additional investment. Thoughts?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
If you're solo, the B2650 with rear blade and front blower seems like a reasonable choice, but the 51" blower may be too much of a pain on the narrower sidewalks. I don't do a lot of sidewalks, but when I do I use a 30" walk behind blower (solo, so it's done on a separate trip).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I live in central Wisconsin and certain years will see lots of snow, some storms in the 20 to 30 inch range. I have a long blacktop drive and I also take care of my next door neighbors gravel drive that is also in the 250 long range.

I have a 50 inch front mount blower and a 6 foot back blade mounted on a B7100.
I have always been able to take care of whatever the conditions threw at me, but at times my rig is cumbersome in tight quarters. I used to have a Case 224 with front mount blower, guessing 42 inch or so. It was for sure more agile in the tight quarters. For sidewalk use the Case would have been handy.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Whats a GR?

Are you applying salt/sand by hand or are you running a blower/plow with spreader on back? Do you buy you salt/sand bulk and need a loader?

tb82

Aug 2, 2019
Worthington, MN
Thanks for the replies! I was referring to a gr2120, Kubota’s all wheel drive, diesel garden tractor. And for salting I wouldn’t mind a 3 point spreader, but I also plan to use a rear 3 point blade, so I may have to find a different solution to spreading.