Found bracket - not sure where it goes

CountryB

Equipment
BX2370
May 10, 2019
Orlando, FL. USA
There was a small U-shaped bracket sitting in the slot for the rear axle lock on my BX2370. I looked around in that area and don't see anyplace where this bracket should go.

The bracket is about 2 inches wide x 2 inches tall and 1 inch wide with a hole in one side. I should have taken a picture of it. I'll see if I can post a photo of it later.

This is the slot where it was found. Just sitting in the bottom of slot. I looked a some parts breakdown photos of the area where the bracket was sitting and I don't see this bracket in any diagrams.

Attachments

CountryB

Equipment
BX2370
May 10, 2019
Orlando, FL. USA
Here's the little bracket or piece I found. It was found at the bottom of the slot for the axle lock foot lever. I didn't see anything obvious to attach it to looking around the foot linkage/slot where this bracket may have come from.

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That bracket does not look new enough or clean enough to fit that tractor, been working on anything else lately?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
That should be on your ROPS where it folds, the threaded end of the knob goes through the hole and it acts like a spring clip to keep the knob from vibrating out.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
That should be on your ROPS where it folds, the threaded end of the knob goes through the hole and it acts like a spring clip to keep the knob from vibrating out.
Thought a drawing might help the OP.

See item 130 in the attachment.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Cool! Mystery solved!
Many years ago, found a large fine threaded lock nut underneath my John Deere tractor.
All I could think was “that looks important..”
Checked everything all over. Nothing looked missing and nothing similar. Hmmm....
After couple days, realized an extra lock nut for my Stihl trimmer drive shaft had fallen off a shelf....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountryB

Equipment
BX2370
May 10, 2019
Orlando, FL. USA
Thanks!
I keep the ROP down so it makes sense it could have fallen off. And the ROPs knob is broken too.
That piece must have bounced up off the floorboard and landed in the axle lock shaft.

PS. Regarding "looking too clean" - that photo was not of my tractor - I just grabbed it off a Kubota brochure just to show location.

Last edited: