B2650 Bagger for Leaves

PilotRPI

Sep 20, 2019
Hopkinton
I'm looking at the following. I am only interested in using a bagger for leaves in the fall. Otherwise I would just mulch or let the clippings lie.

1) B2650 with 60" MMM and bagger
2) B2650 and use the saving to buy a dedicated lawn tractor and bag
3) L2501 and also get a dedicated lawn tractor

Anyone here have the MMM and bagger? I am especially interested in how it does with leaves. Or do you have a ride on lawn tractor and bagger that you are happy with for leaves?

Thanks!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I'm looking at the following. I am only interested in using a bagger for leaves in the fall. Otherwise I would just mulch or let the clippings lie.

1) B2650 with 60" MMM and bagger
2) B2650 and use the saving to buy a dedicated lawn tractor and bag
3) L2501 and also get a dedicated lawn tractor

Anyone here have the MMM and bagger? I am especially interested in how it does with leaves. Or do you have a ride on lawn tractor and bagger that you are happy with for leaves?

Thanks!
I have a B1750HSD with 60" MMM and powered rear bagger, all bought new in 1993.

I bought the expensive bagger exclusively for leaves but it has not been on the tractor, which is used almost exclusively for mowing with the MMM, since 95 or so.

Yes, it does a good job picking up leaves but fills quickly, requiring many trips to the dump site.

Over the years, I removed most of the trees, a much more effective solution.

SDT

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I've always thought the most effective system would be something like a Cyclone Rake. Large enough that you're not emptying the back every pass, detachable so it's not in the way when you don't need it.

Can't quite bring myself to cough up the money for my few leaves, but compared to the cost of a dedicated bagger for your B2650, it might be worth looking at.

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
if the only time you'll be bagging look at something like a "billy Goat lawn vacuum" provided you property is not too large, I have an Exmark zero turn with the ultra-vac and 9 bushel bagger, it gets old quick, Also, if you can chop up your leaves as much as possible, I keep a lot of leaves for my composting uses, this may be a bad time of year (timing) to pick up a used Billy Goat, but around hear you can find used ones in decent shape 300-1000, and they do have a self-propelled model, the biggest thing I hate about leaves is the dust, it is rough on me:eek:

best of luck in your search:D and your quest on the leaves:eek::D

https://www.chippersdirect.com/Bill...b1sQXKf6ju5lBjZMI54kgDZrA7sVtSJkaAsq1EALw_wcB

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My understand from reading and youtube was the recently released Terraking TVK20 is the gold standard for MCS systems. automatic dump from your seat hands free, and performance. The quote i got from them for the TVK20 was $3700 picked up.

when you spend $1000+ a season for clean ups it could pay for itself pretty fast!
https://www.terraking.com/products-tkv20.html

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
My understand from reading and youtube was the recently released Terraking TVK20 is the gold standard for MCS systems. automatic dump from your seat hands free, and performance. The quote i got from them for the TVK20 was $3700 picked up.

when you spend $1000+ a season for clean ups it could pay for itself pretty fast!
that is a slick setup:D and if I was still gathering leaves for other people i'd consider it, the ultra-vac set up on my exmark z was 1100 for a pulley driven pump and hardware plumbing and three bags, and it fills very quickly (9 bushel), don't really miss doing leaves for other people even though decent money, with my sinuses and all the dust though:eek:, plus have enough of my own:eek:

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I have a cyclone rake and its the best I've found since it has a huge hopper, its own engine and shredder, etc. The real only downside is that it hangs fairly rigid behind whatever you pull it from, unlike a trailer. This means wide turns and odd turning angles depending on your land. It works fine but it took a season to get used to using it with a longer machine than my garden tractor.

My 8+ hour cleanup turned to 1 hour. I hardly get off the tractor now other than to unload the hopper and dont use a rake basically at all since the cyclone has a detachable arm you can use to suck out gardens and hard to reach areas.

Bought mine used in the early summer for WAY below retail.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Thar's a healthy set of weights on the front of that 2380.

SDT

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
I use my lawn tractor (simplicity regent) but drive over the leaves multiple times with the bagger chute removed to grind them up and get them all into a few rows, then bag them with the mower. .It makes the leaves smaller of course but they also break down faster in the compost. I found if you don't break them down first you get clogs and only about one pass before the bags are full. One thing for certain, the leaves break down blades pretty quickly so you need to resharpen in the spring for sure

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I can never understand why people worry about leaves, they get mulched and chopped up and decay back in to the soil. Now unless you are making a compost pile I dont see much point in it,,but thats just an old country boys view on it

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I can never understand why people worry about leaves, they get mulched and chopped up and decay back in to the soil. Now unless you are making a compost pile I dont see much point in it,,but thats just an old country boys view on it
I used to just push them back to the wood line, until i found by removing them entirely, have dramatically cut down on ticks, mosquitoes, and other pests. (ymmv)

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
For the most part, I agree, but if they get thick enough and mat down, they can kill the grass underneath.

I don't go after every single leaf, but I do gather up the main accumulations and compost them separately to prevent damaging the lawn.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
For the most part, I agree, but if they get thick enough and mat down, they can kill the grass underneath.

I don't go after every single leaf, but I do gather up the main accumulations and compost them separately to prevent damaging the lawn.
Agreed.

I had this problem for awhile years ago before removing several trees.

SDT

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
There are leaves......and then there are LEAVES! :D Both in quantity and types.
Some of the ones I have to deal with are from a large number of stately +100 yr old cottonwood trees. Those big waxy leaves fall and create a layer of leaves that would put a sheet of poly tarp to shame. If left alone it doesn't take long for them to harm the grass. If left over winter because of an early snowfall you can count on reseeding that area. I also have some long windbreak rows of large poplar trees that are just about as bad in that regard. The black walnut trees drop their leaves in big "fronds" almost like a fern leaf. A beautiful tree they are, but can be a pain to clean up after. The pto powered blower is worth its weight in gold every fall. :D

PilotRPI

Sep 20, 2019
Hopkinton
Want to get rid of the leaves as much as I can as they are not good for the horses to eat. Some eat them and have no issues, but if we are boarding want to watch out for the others.

I think the plan now is a good lawn tractor and a lawn sweeper. $300 bucks, much bigger than a rear bagger, they get great reviews, can bring into the woods and dump by pulling a rope, and can get the bigger L2501.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Want to get rid of the leaves as much as I can as they are not good for the horses to eat. Some eat them and have no issues, but if we are boarding want to watch out for the others.

I think the plan now is a good lawn tractor and a lawn sweeper. $300 bucks, much bigger than a rear bagger, they get great reviews, can bring into the woods and dump by pulling a rope, and can get the bigger L2501.
The problem with a tow behind sweeper is that they fill up so fast you’ll spend half the day just going to dump them. Nothing beats blowing them into a pile, loading a tarp and dragging the to your disposal area. I’ve tried all the methods over the years.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
tie a 9by12 tarp onto a pole attached to the mower deck, let deck blow leaves onto tarp, drive to 'drop-off zone', backup and tarp 'auto-unloads' all the leaves,never have to use a rake or get off the rider .

Tdeater1

Equipment
B2650, bagger, tiller, mower
Nov 23, 2017
Newaygo
I have used this bagger and the dealer found some High Lift blades for their 60” Zero Turn mower. These blades fit on my 60” mower deck and “lift” the debris better.