I ordered my new BX2380, thanks for the help.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
I ordered my new BX2380, hopefully ready for pickup within a week or 2.

Thanks for the help answering all my newbee questions.

I ordered a new BX2380 with the factory front valve, plus a 60"MMM and BX2822 55"HD front snowblower which comes with hydraulic rotator and I added electric deflector control.

That's my entire build since I only need a bad-a$$ snowblower and good mower.

Mattvt15

Aug 17, 2019
Vermont
I ordered my new BX2380, hopefully ready for pickup within a week or 2.

Thanks for the help answering all my newbee questions.

I ordered a new BX2380 with the factory front valve, plus a 60"MMM and BX2822 55"HD front snowblower which comes with hydraulic rotator and I added electric deflector control.

That's my entire build since I only need a bad-a$$ snowblower and good mower.
Congrats!! That will be a great tractor. Post pictures when you get it!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Ok. I'm pretty sure it will be orange and look like everyone else's BX2380 but I'll be just excited enough to do it!
That's why we need a picture of you doing something with it, or of you sitting on it with a big smile. That's what makes it different from the photo in the catalog. :)

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Ok. I'm pretty sure it will be orange and look like everyone else's BX2380 but I'll be just excited enough to do it!
Rules:
-If you have a kid, you must post obligatory "in awe" pic or them seatbelted in pretending to drive it.
-If you own a dog, it should ideally be somewhere in the picture

Bonus points:
-If your wife is excited and not sick of new tractor talk and is out there looking at it too
-If you couldnt wait in the excitement and take pics of it on the actual delivery truck when the driver wasnt looking
-Getting it really dirty right away

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Rules:
-If you have a kid, you must post obligatory "in awe" pic or them seatbelted in pretending to drive it.
-If you own a dog, it should ideally be somewhere in the picture

Bonus points:
-If your wife is excited and not sick of new tractor talk and is out there looking at it too
-If you couldnt wait in the excitement and take pics of it on the actual delivery truck when the driver wasnt looking
-Getting it really dirty right away
Haha, what's the high score?!?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I don't think I can top that...
Ha. It's just one of my very favorite pics.

Congrats on your new machine. I know that you'll enjoy it.

...hardest part is waiting for the delivery. Do yourself a favor, download some of the user manuals beforehand and take a read....Then re-read. You'll be miles ahead when it finally arrives. ;)

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Ha. It's just one of my very favorite pics.

Congrats on your new machine. I know that you'll enjoy it.

...hardest part is waiting for the delivery. Do yourself a favor, download some of the user manuals beforehand and take a read....Then re-read. You'll be miles ahead when it finally arrives. ;)
Another great idea. I don't know what's taking them soo long to have it assembled and ready, everything else I've bought in life they can't wait for me to take it home! Not a tractor apparently.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Workshop manual too if you can, has lots of interesting bits in it. I have the one for the BX2350 (can be found online if you can't find one for BX2380).

Have you got a grease gun? You'll need one quickly, and you'll want one with a trigger and a hose, not the old school ones. Some of the zerks are a little off to one side, and it's fiddly without a flexible hose. (I say this because my new grease gun came in the mail yesterday).

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Workshop manual too if you can, has lots of interesting bits in it. I have the one for the BX2350 (can be found online if you can't find one for BX2380).

Have you got a grease gun? You'll need one quickly, and you'll want one with a trigger and a hose, not the old school ones. Some of the zerks are a little off to one side, and it's fiddly without a flexible hose. (I say this because my new grease gun came in the mail yesterday).
Yes, I have a couple grease guns, one with a flex hose. Require a special grease or general purpose?

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I wish I had haggled for a WSM for my 1880 as I like doing work myself whenever possible. It costs a bit and feels odd paying for a piece of maintenance material but I "Get" it. I havent found a copy online, not that I usually am in love with pirated copies of things that are available for sale. I'm not confident enough in knowing the changes between, say the 50 series and the 80 series and would always wonder if I'm doing things wrong.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I wish I had haggled for a WSM for my 1880 as I like doing work myself whenever possible. It costs a bit and feels odd paying for a piece of maintenance material but I "Get" it. I havent found a copy online, not that I usually am in love with pirated copies of things that are available for sale. I'm not confident enough in knowing the changes between, say the 50 series and the 80 series and would always wonder if I'm doing things wrong.
hmm. took me about 5 seconds to find it on line....

http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
It was added 13 days ago and I had not thought to check it constantly. This is it! Thank you!
Didn't take notice of the date...that's pretty funny...anyway, I wasn't trying to be a smart azz.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Yes, I have a couple grease guns, one with a flex hose. Require a special grease or general purpose?
I use general purpose. I sometimes buy high speed grease because I also do the chipper bearings, but so far as I can tell standard grease is fine - I use it in the mower spindles too and they probably spin as fast as the chipper does.

Frostbitten

Equipment
2019 BX2380
Jul 19, 2012
Grand Haven, Mi USA
Grease you will want to use NG-2 or #2 grease

it can be found just about anywhere, tsc sells it for about 3 or 4 dollars a tube

Congrats on the new tractor. I have the same one. Tips for you when using the 60" belly mower

Make sure your front tires are the same psi to eachother, and same for the rear

i run about 20 psi in the front, 18 psi in the back. Make sure they are the equal on both side before you mow

Check your mower deck for level left to right. point the blades front to back, and measure the front tip. should be the same on both sides. if not, adjust

These tractors cut as good as a zero turn, but most people dont check the basics to make sure they cut as best as possible.

always check your tire pressure first, then make adjustments if needed.

You will be very pleased with that little work horse.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Grease you will want to use NG-2 or #2 grease

it can be found just about anywhere, tsc sells it for about 3 or 4 dollars a tube

Congrats on the new tractor. I have the same one. Tips for you when using the 60" belly mower

Make sure your front tires are the same psi to eachother, and same for the rear

i run about 20 psi in the front, 18 psi in the back. Make sure they are the equal on both side before you mow

Check your mower deck for level left to right. point the blades front to back, and measure the front tip. should be the same on both sides. if not, adjust

These tractors cut as good as a zero turn, but most people dont check the basics to make sure they cut as best as possible.

always check your tire pressure first, then make adjustments if needed.

You will be very pleased with that little work horse.
Awesome, but why not have mower blades pointing sideways when measuring?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Awesome, but why not have mower blades pointing sideways when measuring?
You need the front a little lower than the back, so that it cuts the grass once rather than bit by bit as you drive over it. You can't measure front to back height if you measure at the sides. If you're just checking for level, then yeah arguably you can do it at the sides, it should tell you the same thing.

I kinda reckon you could also measure to the mower body, I suspect the height of the spindles is the same both sides. Maybe measure the blades once, and check the mower body, if it lines up just measure mower body next time.

To be fair, I've never checked mine and it mows OK. It was getting patchy a few weeks back, and I took it off and found the blades were dead blunt - as in the centre blade was rounded over like the side of a pencil. Apparently I've been scalping a bit when I mow the road side.