What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Frostbitten

Equipment
2019 BX2380
Jul 19, 2012
Grand Haven, Mi USA
Is there someplace you can go to get a complete list of whats needed to do this 50 hour service myself? I know what processes I need to do via manual but cant find a parts list. I suppose my dealer will offer that but I'm sure they want me to pay them to do it, too. Anyone offer the complete kits that are reputable?
you need a oil filter and hydro filter

For fluids id recommend the kubota S udt hydro fluid

for oil, you can use whatever diesel oil you want. I prefer schaeffers now. Its a great oil that makes the tractor alot quieter and smoother

Let the tractor warm up for about 10 min. Take it for a quick spin to make sure they hydro oil is warm

Drain both

remove both filters

remove hydro fluid screen (bottom left of tractor if your looking at the back of it)

clean screen and reinstall

install new hydro filter and fill

install new oil filter and fill

start and let idle for another 5 min

drive in low range for a bit, then in hi range. Go forward and back a few times

raise and lower 3pt arms a few time

All done

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
you need a oil filter and hydro filter

For fluids id recommend the kubota S udt hydro fluid

for oil, you can use whatever diesel oil you want. I prefer schaeffers now. Its a great oil that makes the tractor alot quieter and smoother

Let the tractor warm up for about 10 min. Take it for a quick spin to make sure they hydro oil is warm

Drain both

remove both filters

remove hydro fluid screen (bottom left of tractor if your looking at the back of it)

clean screen and reinstall

install new hydro filter and fill

install new oil filter and fill

start and let idle for another 5 min

drive in low range for a bit, then in hi range. Go forward and back a few times

raise and lower 3pt arms a few time

All done
Thanks! I ordered the filter kit linked above and will pick up the fluids locally from my dealer to save on shipping. Looking forward to this being a nice saturday project some weekend. Some controversy on if hydaulic/tranny fluid needs to be changed with the manual suggesting 200 hr but many saying improvements swapping at 50. Figuring the time it took me to get to 50 I may as well swap it now since it will probably take a few years for me to hit 200.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
finalizing the transition to the BX from my former UTV. Installed a carrier for the string trimmer and dialed in the 26 gallon tank sprayer that is on the bxpanded carry all.

LwhiteAH64

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525, LP RCF2060, LP BB1260, Yanmar 220 Diesel w/KK 60 Rotary Cutter
Jul 16, 2018
Dade City, Fl
Ordered the right hand fender handle from Messick's. Got it in 2 days and put it on this morning before the rain hit here in central Florida!! Looks great.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
finalizing the transition to the BX from my former UTV. Installed a carrier for the string trimmer and dialed in the 26 gallon tank sprayer that is on the bxpanded carry all.

That is by far the cleanest garage I've seen. You're making the rest of us look bad :eek:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
That is by far the cleanest garage I've seen. You're making the rest of us look bad :eek:
That isn't just a garage, that is his bedroom where his wife makes him sleep. I see the blue mattress on the floor, so that is why it is so clean. :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That isn't just a garage, that is his bedroom where his wife makes him sleep. I see the blue mattress on the floor, so that is why it is so clean. :D
It really isn't that bad after you get used to it, well so I've heard.;):D

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Replaced the broken lift pump with a new one from Colemans.
The M was back running in about 20 minutes when I discovered that the throttle cable bracket was also bent from contact with the stick that broke the lift pump!
It was revving at 1500 rpms at idle until I got my big water pump pliers on the
bracket and reefed it back into it original location and idle dropped back to normal.
Field repairs but the weather is good and dry for outside mechanics.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
lol okay okay

Buts it’s kind of a mess in there at the moment!

A mess?!?! Really?!?!
Man, my wife will NEVER see those pictures....there’d be hell to pay for yours truly....[emoji3064]
Just poking fun like the others...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Added a .4 mm & .1 mm shim to my hydraulics yesterday on my BX2660. Before - 1750 PSI at idle and 3000 RPM, after - 1950- 1975 PSI

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did some more work on the “North 40” we bought next to the house last fall.
For only 1.75 acres, it’s a nice sugar bush and had 120 taps last season that ran well.
Got hedgerow cleaned up and driveway cut back in.
It had a ~30’x~140’ Chicken coop on it.

Concrete pad is in pretty good shape, and have started to clean it off after 60 or so years.... not a good picture, but it’s beyond the old driveway where they backed tractor and manure spreader in...

Last edited:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I pulled the pins out of the FEL lift cylinders and dropped them down so I could clean out the mass of old grease, new grease and dirt where they attach. I'm not a neat freak, but that mess did need to be cleaned out. I'm going to drop the FEL so I can pull the lift arm pivot pins and clean up those areas also. Then I'll tackle the bucket cylinder ends and the bucket pivots.
It only takes a little grease to lubricate the pins, not several pumps.

Attachments

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I pulled the pins out of the FEL lift cylinders and dropped them down so I could clean out the mass of old grease, new grease and dirt where they attach. I'm not a neat freak, but that mess did need to be cleaned out. I'm going to drop the FEL so I can pull the lift arm pivot pins and clean up those areas also. Then I'll tackle the bucket cylinder ends and the bucket pivots.
It only takes a little grease to lubricate the pins, not several pumps.
I need to do this, that looks a lot better. Less crud catching dirt

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Did the final concrete pour here. Used the L245 to prep, dug some holes for posts that got cemented in, and ran a few bucket loads of concrete down to the creek where the cement truck couldn't go. This time I had the backhoe on for rear ballast - it's steep and trying to brake with a bucket of concrete brings up the rear wheel pretty quick, and they are loaded with calcium.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Filled in the hole from the stump I removed last night. One day I will get better with the dirt work.