My tractor is currently stuck...

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
I was taught by an older fellow how to get out of such spots using the bucket and using curl mode ihave shown this method to many of the local kubota guys i leave the green guys stuck-- the only time i needed a pull out was when i went in a steep snow ditch and got hung up- on the back snowblower and the front frame i was suspended my neighbour hooked up to his backhoe bucket and my tractor and i was out in minutes just an fyi

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Just following the thread on this, given I got a new L2501 about the same time as troverman. Im just curious what the outcome of this story is. 70 Degrees is pretty steep, and Im just curious to see if the tractor does fine after sitting at this angle. Not that I ever plan to (hopefully!) stick one at this angle buti ts always nice to have such knowledge. Keep us updated Troverman on how this all works out in the end. Ill be following the thread. I am not as mechanically inclined as everyone else here so I have no suggestion here other than to say I would personally air on the side of extreme caution if it were me. Best of luck

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I was taught by an older fellow how to get out of such spots using the bucket and using curl mode ihave shown this method to many of the local kubota guys i leave the green guys stuck-- the only time i needed a pull out was when i went in a steep snow ditch and got hung up- on the back snowblower and the front frame i was suspended my neighbour hooked up to his backhoe bucket and my tractor and i was out in minutes just an fyi
Thanks for the tip, was already aware of this method and tried, but the angle is so steep the bucket couldn't touch the ground, or it just barely did curled all the way out.

Tornado, I'm heading out to the job site after work and plan to retrieve both tractors - I'll post how it goes tomorrow.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The tractor is home, but not without a struggle. First I put the L2501 into the neutral range. Then I hooked a 6 foot chain through the backstop on my forks on the MX, and then looped back to the welded hook on the bucket of the L2501. 4x4 engaged, low range, rear diff lock engaged...the L started to move but as it came up, the bucket made contact with the ground and tried to dig it.

Since I didn't want to start the 2501 on that angle, I put the bucket into the float position, then used the forks on the MX to raise the bucket about halfway. With the bucket off the ground, I tried again...and the MX spun 3 out of 4 wheels, digging holes into the field.

Next I went back to the truck and got a 20 foot chain. This time I backed up to the 2501, hooked the chain through the drawbar of the MX, and through the front bumper arrangement of the 2501. This time, slowly and still with a little slippage, the MX pulled the 2501 out of the ditch.

Once on semi-flat ground, I let the tractor sit about 5 minutes and check the oil. The oil level looked very normal on the dipstick, so I went ahead and started the 2501. It started and ran normally, no excess smoke. Loaded both on the trailer together - a hefty load for my pickup of about 17,500lbs...and drove home uneventfully.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Always a bit of anxiety when that kind of stuff is going on. Good that you got it out of there, it's operating without troubles, and you got it home!

BUT where's the pictures?

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Sorry about the lack of pics, it was raining when I started this process. I do have one after I got it out and the rain slowed down; if you look close you can see the chain underneath the red mower from the drawbar of the MX.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Next I went back to the truck and got a 20 foot chain. This time I backed up to the 2501, hooked the chain through the drawbar of the MX, and through the front bumper arrangement of the 2501. This time, slowly and still with a little slippage, the MX pulled the 2501 out of the ditch. Quote

I am impressed that the MX had the Oomph to pull the little 2501 out of the ditch. Sounds like you had the right combo of weight, pull angle, Ag Tire traction and patience to lift it out of there...also that the front guard/bumper was stout enough to hitch and pull on...

Thanks for the report and your success!

The local municipal district had a little John Deere mowing along and mire down along a drainage gully and it took "Big John", a road grader to suck it out.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you pulled it out was the flail mower down on the ground, and you was able to raise it after you started the engine (and took the picture)?

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I am impressed that the MX had the Oomph to pull the little 2501 out of the ditch. Sounds like you had the right combo of weight, pull angle, Ag Tire traction and patience to lift it out of there...also that the front guard/bumper was stout enough to hitch and pull on...

Thanks for the report and your success!

The local municipal district had a little John Deere mowing along and mire down along a drainage gully and it took "Big John", a road grader to suck it out.
I was at first surprised I couldn't just pull it out while facing it. The MX outweighs the 2501 by at least a couple thousand pounds. Power was never the issue, just traction. The Ag tires did help. When pulling facing the same direction as the stuck tractor, more weight transfers to the rear...enabling better use of the larger, loaded rear tires and the diff lock. The bumper on the 2501 is plenty stout - I use it as much chain point when tying it down to the trailer.

When you pulled it out was the flail mower down on the ground, and you was able to raise it after you started the engine (and took the picture)?
Fortunately, the flail mower was left in the 'up' position when stuck in the ditch, so that didn't add to the problems, although it would have been resting on that roller anyway.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Congrats! :)
Getting stuck stinks. When I first got my little guy, I was stuck in mud, fully floating on the belly and jammed. Humbling time. :eek:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That picture needs to be resized! It's about 10 times too big!

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear it started up with no issues. That's good info to know for future reference, but hopefully un-needed info ;)

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Sorry about the lack of pics, it was raining when I started this process. I do have one after I got it out and the rain slowed down; if you look close you can see the chain underneath the red mower from the drawbar of the MX.

That pic makes the L looks the same size as the MX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk