What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Used the grapple to load up the trailer with logs that I left on the side of my road in the spring. Only managed one load today, think I lost 10 pounds of sweat chunking them up for the fire pit.

ranchinjoel

Equipment
B2601
Jul 21, 2019
Canada
Got my b2601 a week ago, but today I had fun mowing and used some tow straps to yank out several fence posts with the front end loader.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Wife is going to find out this evening she needs a set of forks for her tractor :D

I need to replace before winter 12' x30' area of rotted 5/4 red cedar deck boards need Hot tub lifted to do it.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
A bit of fencing, a bit of bog work, and towed an RV out of a drain. I hope they enjoy the rest of their holiday

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Got my car stuck on the rain slick grassy slope after I foolishly drove a load of firebrick down to the basement for my furnace rebuild.
I was too close to a stone wall and peach tree to be able to pull with the tractor.
I hung a snatch block from the peach tree and, pulling from uphill and behind, the car, used the M to move the car ahead to a more level spot where I could then drive it out.
Only damaged my ego but the lawn took an awful beating:eek:

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Put the first 8 hours on my new L4701 (just traded up from a B3300). I did some mowing with the rotary cutter and some ground leveling with the box blade. I am a firm believer in taking it easy the first few hours of a machine's life so only ran the RPMs around 1800 while using. I did make sure to pay attention to the engine sound to make sure I never lugged it. I had to go over some areas of grass twice because the mower wasn't spinning fast enough to cut clean but it didn't bother me.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Gave the big orange a break and pulled out the little one. Getting ready to make a sprayer mount for it to get where the L can’t due to the soft ground.

D2- you got the flip version of mine lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yea, but I don't have to keep saying it!:D

That's a nice machine.

I noticed you mentioning you having a Spartan zero turn. They seem to be an well built mower. Isn't there a legal battle going on between them and Bad Boy, about who owns some patent rights? Do you have any service problems?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Yea, but I don't have to keep saying it!:D

That's a nice machine.

I noticed you mentioning you having a Spartan zero turn. They seem to be an well built mower. Isn't there a legal battle going on between them and Bad Boy, about who owns some patent rights? Do you have any service problems?
I got 2 of them 224s. As far as the spartan I lost the dealer I bought mine from because they said they were hard to deal with warranty wise (but that dealer also sold bad boy too). Not sure what the deal is. Mines out of warranty now any ways. Still have yet to have an issue with it tho. Only thing ive done with it since I got it new was change oil and grease it. I got about 150 hrs in two years on it.

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
Yesterday I took delivery of a Curtis Cab for my BX that I've been thinking about for years. I fork-lifted it off the truck, saving $350 for "liftgate service."

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Continued excavating in the "dry pond".
Decades of gravel road run off filled it in and now I have lifetime supply of sand and stony gravel that has separated out naturally and I just scoop it out by the bucket load.
My local tax dollars at work:)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Worked at the farm. Moved brush, moved old debris, and then mowed.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Groomed the gravel that had washed along the road with the landscape rake. Put on the brush hog and trimmed along the road and back lot with a nice 2" cut until I hit a field rock swinging back into the drive on the way to the shed.... D#%$!. Got out the angle grinder and dressed a little but still have another "nice" ding.. OH well, thats what happens when you try to shave it close.....:mad:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Put the PTO extender on this morning (it came in the mail today). Cleaned up the PTO shaft that came with the tiller and connected the tiller. I started working on getting the ground ready to put some grass seed down to try and finish our front yard.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Started out yesterday mowing the lawn, go about a half hour in to the two hour job and the left front tire went flat. Crap. Limped it back to the shop, jacked it up and took it off. I had replaced the right side tire a month ago after it went flat while mowing. So, I finally got the tire broken down, and pulled the tube out and looked it over, and found a hole right next to a patch on the sidewall. Looked the tire over and found a cut in the sidewall about an inch long on the outside and a half inch on the inside right where the patch and the new hole were located. Of course the cut was on the inside of the tire and with the presence of the previous patch figured it was that way when I bought it.
Got in the truck and drove out to TSC, bought an new tire and tube, went back and got it all put together.

Did I say I HATE working on those little tires?

Aired it up a little at a time and let it deflate three or four times to get the tube in position, then tried to air it up, but only got air coming out of the stem hole. Rats. Broke it down, pulled the tube out and the stem was almost completely torn off.
Back in the truck, this time to Big R for a tube. Got back, wrestled the tube in and carefully put the tire back on, aired it up. Same thing again. Break the tire down AGAIN, pull the tube out and find two little holes where I somehow pinched it with the tire irons putting it together. I had patches, but the glue was dried out. (*&^^&%$^!!!!!!
Back to TSC and bought TWO tubes this time. Got back, by now it was almost 8:00PM and so I decided to wait until this morning when I was in a better mood to put it back together.
Went to breakfast this morning, checked at Harbor Freight for a bead breaker tool for small tires, but the only one they had really didn't impress me. Went home, put on shop clothes and tackled it again, very carefully. Got it all together, and with crossed fingers aired it up. FINALLY, it was holding air, and no leaks. Put it back on the tractor, put tools away and finally finished mowing, a day later.

Did I mention that I hate working on little tires?
I would much more prefer working on truck tires, 22.5's or 24.5's than the little ones.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Started out yesterday mowing the lawn, go about a half hour in to the two hour job and the left front tire went flat. Crap. Limped it back to the shop, jacked it up and took it off. I had replaced the right side tire a month ago after it went flat while mowing. So, I finally got the tire broken down, and pulled the tube out and looked it over, and found a hole right next to a patch on the sidewall. Looked the tire over and found a cut in the sidewall about an inch long on the outside and a half inch on the inside right where the patch and the new hole were located. Of course the cut was on the inside of the tire and with the presence of the previous patch figured it was that way when I bought it.
Got in the truck and drove out to TSC, bought an new tire and tube, went back and got it all put together.

Did I say I HATE working on those little tires?
I know this pain. was moving brush this weekend to find my new front right tire off the rim. found a puncture in it, installed a plug, aired it back up. But it got me to thinking prob wont be the last time. I think the worst part is the downtime in the middle of getting stuff done.

There is a thread here where a member found 8-ply front tires for BX, maybe in my future.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40466

Last edited:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I mounted a small winch to the front. Hopefully I will use it for something.
If not.....I'll just put it someplace else.

Huskerman61

Equipment
BX2670
Jul 30, 2019
Duncan, Ok.
I just got mine back together and running after rings and valve job. Will have to watch the temp better in the future. Cooling system is not the best on this little tractor. Good thing I can do all the work myself.