50 he service l2501 DT

Equipment
L2501DT LA 525FL BH77
Mar 24, 2019
Ocala Florida
I need to do it this weekend, other than oil filter and greasing what else should I or could I do to give my tractor some much needed love?

Are there 2 oil drain plugs? Should I run it till it's hot and then drain oil or should I change it before even starting Sat. morning?

Tractor is 2 hrs away.

Thanks

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Welcome,
HST/Transmission Filters and/or Hydraulic Oil.
I highly recommend you read and refer to your operator manual.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Like Muzzy said, your manual should give you the scoop.

Always grease loader pins and clutch and brake pivots, and front tie rod ends. Pull the pipe plug to grease the front axle pivot a pump or two. I would run the engine a bit and drain the 6 qts hot oil in a LARGE pan. With your DT you may have only the hydraulic filter, not the HST filter, but I would change it out quickly while cold sometime.

Your call on the hydraulic fluid...

Equipment
L2501DT LA 525FL BH77
Mar 24, 2019
Ocala Florida
Like Muzzy said, your manual should give you the scoop.

Always grease loader pins and clutch and brake pivots, and front tie rod ends. Pull the pipe plug to grease the front axle pivot a pump or two. I would run the engine a bit and drain the 6 qts hot oil in a LARGE pan. With your DT you may have only the hydraulic filter, not the HST filter, but I would change it out quickly while cold sometime.

Your call on the hydraulic fluid...
Manual does not say to change hydraulic filter at 50hrs if its a DT

No L2501 owners here?

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
No L2501 owners here?
Yep, HST though.

I do oil changes when "warm" oil.
Yep should have 2 drain plugs like shown in manual.
Me, I would change hydraulic filter just for "fun" and satisfy my OCD but it must be done so as to not lose very much oil which needs replacing. It will run out when filter is removed.
And clean the air filter just because.
Other than that all of the circles on the 50 hour service interval in the manual.
Loader pins also if you have a FEL.
Pretty basic.

GD

Equipment
L2501DT LA 525FL BH77
Mar 24, 2019
Ocala Florida
Yep, HST though.

I do oil changes when "warm" oil.
Yep should have 2 drain plugs like shown in manual.
Me, I would change hydraulic filter just for "fun" and satisfy my OCD but it must be done so as to not lose very much oil which needs replacing. It will run out when filter is removed.
And clean the air filter just because.
Other than that all of the circles on the 50 hour service interval in the manual.
Loader pins also if you have a FEL.
Pretty basic.

GD
I dont see the mention of how to perform oil change, I guess Ill have to look harder. Thanks

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I dont see the mention of how to perform oil change, I guess Ill have to look harder. Thanks

I don’t have the 2501 but have the previous series L and am assuming it’s pretty similar. There is two drain plugs on mine for the engine,one on each side of the front drive shaft.

Mine is also gear drive, I did my first oil change at 12 hrs because I got mine second hand,original owner bought it new in 2014,I got it in 2017 with 12 hrs on it. I did it again at 50 hrs,didn’t mess with hydraulic filter until about 150 hrs when I changed the filter and fluid. Was hardly anything stuck to the magnet in the hydraulic filter when I did it at 150, I even had to clean and reuse the magnet in my new filter because the one on the new kubota filter was broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Equipment
L2501DT LA 525FL BH77
Mar 24, 2019
Ocala Florida
I don’t have the 2501 but have the previous series L and am assuming it’s pretty similar. There is two drain plugs on mine for the engine,one on each side of the front drive shaft.

Mine is also gear drive, I did my first oil change at 12 hrs because I got mine second hand,original owner bought it new in 2014,I got it in 2017 with 12 hrs on it. I did it again at 50 hrs,didn’t mess with hydraulic filter until about 150 hrs when I changed the filter and fluid. Was hardly anything stuck to the magnet in the hydraulic filter when I did it at 150, I even had to clean and reuse the magnet in my new filter because the one on the new kubota filter was broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pict. I had read that Kubota filters have megnets, I received a genuine Kubota filter from e-bay but see no magnet?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thanks for the pict. I had read that Kubota filters have megnets, I received a genuine Kubota filter from e-bay but see no magnet?
The hydraulic filter has a magnet, the engine oil filter doesn’t.

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
Yea, it is in the section for 400 hour service of manual.

Like said, clean hydraulic filter with clean magnet is a nice confidence builder. New hyd filter comes with magnet installed.

GD

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Manual does not say to change hydraulic filter at 50hrs if its a DT

No L2501 owners here?
Some here, including myself, go beyond and change all Oil Filters & Fluids at the 50 hour mark

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Air filter.
clean the radiator and cooler (if applicable). And screen(s).
grease all the fittings. there are a couple underneath and a couple on the 3ph
trans filter at 50, fluid later on. You'll lose some fluid when changing the filter but not much
check the fan belt tension
oil & filter.
check engine start system.
check switches
CHECK THE LOADER bolts. They naturally loosen initially.
check wheel bolts and disk bolts (rear wheels on R1 tires).
Check front axle fluid. Grease those two fittings on the pivot.
grease the tie rods.
check/adjust clutch freeplay
check/adjust brake. lubricate the little lock that locks both pedals
wash it off
If you have a FEL and SSQA bucket, grease the SSQA fittings and check to see if the SSQA locks in properly.

Equipment
L2501DT LA 525FL BH77
Mar 24, 2019
Ocala Florida
Air filter.
clean the radiator and cooler (if applicable). And screen(s).
grease all the fittings. there are a couple underneath and a couple on the 3ph
trans filter at 50, fluid later on. You'll lose some fluid when changing the filter but not much
check the fan belt tension
oil & filter.
check engine start system.
check switches
CHECK THE LOADER bolts. They naturally loosen initially.
check wheel bolts and disk bolts (rear wheels on R1 tires).
Check front axle fluid. Grease those two fittings on the pivot.
grease the tie rods.
check/adjust clutch freeplay
check/adjust brake. lubricate the little lock that locks both pedals
wash it off
If you have a FEL and SSQA bucket, grease the SSQA fittings and check to see if the SSQA locks in properly.
Got it, thanks

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Might want to retorque the lug nuts too.

I believe it***8217;s 100 ft lbs on the front and 160 ft lbs on the rear.