B8200 head replacement

wkndwarrior29

May 21, 2020
US
Hi all,
New member here!
I recently purchased my first tractor, a b8200 with a loader. I bought it knowing it needed some work, today we had some time to investigate and found a crack in the head.

I could use help with two things,
1. It doesn't look like any of the websites have a b8200 wsm, does anyone have or know of a manual that would work for engine reassembly.
2. Any recommended suppliers for a head and gaskets? Trying to keep it low budget but also trying not to do the work twice.

Thanks you in advance, and I'm looking forward to sharing more about the tractor once it's up and running!
Dustin

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

wkndwarrior29

May 21, 2020
US
Thank you, I was hoping for a download though.

Does anyone have experience with the supplier fridayparts? They seem to be priced the best for a kit.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi all,
New member here!
I recently purchased my first tractor, a b8200 with a loader. I bought it knowing it needed some work, today we had some time to investigate and found a crack in the head.

I could use help with two things,
1. It doesn't look like any of the websites have a b8200 wsm, does anyone have or know of a manual that would work for engine reassembly.
2. Any recommended suppliers for a head and gaskets? Trying to keep it low budget but also trying not to do the work twice.

Thanks you in advance, and I'm looking forward to sharing more about the tractor once it's up and running!
Dustin

Kubotabooks.com, look under engines 70mm.

All of the aftermarket heads out there are from the same casting plant, so pick the best supplier.
I would suggest a complete head.
Don't forget the O-ring on the oil tube.

wkndwarrior29

May 21, 2020
US
Awesome, thank you! It looks like eBay has the best prices on a complete unit with gaskets shipped.

rfoxinc

Equipment
B7100
Apr 29, 2020
Ruffsdale,PA
Hello,
I just ordered a head for my B7100. Everything should be here by Friday.
Complete / reconditioned for $650 from Western KY Tractor Parts.
+Another $150 on new studs and a gasket kit.

The ones I saw on ebay were from China with @ 2 week lead time.+ duties?
New complete from USA [GA} were $975.

Good luck.
Bob

wkndwarrior29

May 21, 2020
US
Hey Bob,

Thanks for the info. I ended up ordering a kit from China off of ebay for $570 after tax including all gaskets. I did a bit more googling and no one seemed to be disappointed with the quality so I'm crossing my fingers! Everything came apart nicely so I didn't need any new hardware, I guess the hour meter on the machine is correct around 650!

Should have everything needed in 2 weeks.

Dustin

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Make sure you use pipe dope on the exaust flange bolts as they go into the water jacket as does the water housing on the front of the engine.

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
All of the aftermarket heads out there are from the same casting plant, so pick the best supplier..
Is that true? This week a machinist told me he got a poor quality cylinder head from Kumar Bros and would never use them again. He said its rare that a new OEM head is junk out of the box - the vendor couldn't have looked at it before shipping. So, all aftermarket heads are the same quality as the others? We must research the seller's reputation very well.

wkndwarrior29

May 21, 2020
US
Well, the replacement head came this week and my father said it looks good. I'm going to go to his barn, where the tractor is torn apart, on Sunday to put it back together.

Any more recommendations from the more experienced owners out there?

What is everyone running for coolant? I'm going to run it / flush it with water a couple of times before putting antifreeze in.

B8200 Owner

Apr 4, 2020
Kenosha, WI
I also have a B8200 with a D950 Engine. I had to pull my head and I was lucky that the head was not cracked. But I did have to buy a upper Gasket set and Values and Springs. I don't know if you got everything for your tractor yet. But I did find a good supplier with actual Kobota Parts And The Best prices. It's called Country Sales and service in Ohio. They were fast and had the right parts. I also found some downloadable Manuals. I got a Parts Manual and a D950 assembly manual. Let me know if you still need anything and I will look up where I got them.

Reactions: 1 user