Finally received my trailer

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Not exactly an implement, but I’ve been wanting a decent flatbed to haul things with for a while now. I had kicked myself for selling my 16’ 7,000# car hauler a few years ago, but no more.

I ordered this in early March, and was told their standard lead time was 4 weeks. It finally showed up after 10... damn Covid shut down a good portion of the production facility. Super happy with how this thing turned out. Was great to select the options and items I wanted, such as welded 1/4” steel fenders, 12k# jack, reverse lights, and higher capacity tires.

After loading it for the first time this afternoon, I’m very glad I went with a 20’ instead of shorter! Trailer weighs 2,900# and the load in this picture is in the 4,000# range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
That's a really sharp looking trailer! Nice that you were able to custom order it too.. which company is that?

I miss my flat deck trailer. 2x 5200lb axles 18'. I hadn't used it for a while, and I have a 21' car hauler so I sold it.

Of course then when you don't have it any more, is when you realize you need it!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Very nice looking trailer.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have been looking for a new trailer since I blew something in my backhoe control tower and had to get it to the dealer. My 16' trailer that I had for 17 years was too small. I've had it for several tractors, but now with the wheel spacers on the tractor was too wide, and with the BH on, it was too short. Sold it in 4 days, but now I need to find a new trailer, because the dealer charges $200. each way and they have had it for over two weeks now and still have not even looked at it. I'm looking for a 20' deck-over with stand up ramps with legs to support the tractor as it is loaded. I'm looking at a few, but like you say, there is a long waiting period, but now that it's being serviced I shouldn't NEED it for a while but would be nice to have in case of need.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Very nice!
I’ve never owned a trailer, in part because I don’t have a place to keep one.
The more pictures like yours I see, the more I think I could find room.....I do have a (steep) driveway into the lot we bought next door......hmmmm....

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
nice , I kinda miss my 'tractor hauler' but iy ain't being loaned out anymore.....

backup lights are standard 7 way wiring, though nobody seems to put them on trailers. Try backing up a 6by10 dump without them though !!

I have backup lights on my 'utility' trailer, using normal 4 pin wiring.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Specs on mine:

PJ trailer, Model CE
7’ wide deck between fenders, 20’ long. 5” channel frame.
5,200# axles, brakes on both.
Pine 2x deck with steel strap over the ends of the boards to keep twisting down.
The ramps have “knees” under them to support the back of the trailer when loading. I don’t care for the flip down jacks on the rear corners. Ramps are also spring assisted for lifting. It is a two finger lift...
I didn’t care for the two standard fender options, which were removable thin steel or aluminum. Neither was strong enough to stand on reliably, and the removable ones rattle like crazy. I opted to have 1/4” diamond plate steel and welded on. Should hold up...
I’ve had too many trailers with wimpy jacks that fall apart or can’t easily handle the weight if the trailer isn’t hooked up. I chose the heaviest one that PJ would install. A 12K drop leg in the center. Operation is easy via the long handle that comes all the way to the corner of the deck. Should do the trick!
Since I hate tire trouble, I upgraded the tires to 235/80-16 load range E. These are the tires you normally find on 14K# trailers, so should hold up real nice on a 10k... Since this was ordered when built, the fenders are set at the correct height for the taller tires. I had the spare moved to the front rather than the standard side mount. I’ve always found a spare tire in the way when on the side of the deck.
Since I hate deck problems, I opted for 16” crossmember spacing instead of standard 24”.
Tool box is well built and plenty big for basic trailer tools, chains and binders, straps, a can of WD, and who knows what else. I ordered the trailer with a chain tray as well, but that was missed. They’re sending one after it’s built and painted.
Reverse lights were new to me! They are integrated into the 2”x6” oval stop/turn/tail lights. There are about 4 clear LEDs on the end of all the red. An additional wire was necessary during the build, but the lights are a drop in replacement for anyone wanting to upgrade.
I also added a 3/8” rub rail down both sides. I chose gray for the color because everyone has a black trailer. If I see my trailer headed down the road behind someone else’s truck, I’ll probably recognize it. They wouldn’t do pink...

I don’t think I’ll outgrow this any time soon. I really looked hard at a few other options, but couldn’t get onboard.

I thought I wanted a split tilt, but the stationary front piece was just a hair too short for my longest implement. It also took nearly as long to release the tilt feature and lower the deck as my spring assisted ramps take to unpin and drop.

I thought about a wider deck, but just don’t need it. I’ve owned or regularly used trailers for close to 30 years and only had a couple instances where I wished the deck was a full 102” wide. A rock crawler on full width axles is the fattest thing I ever haul and I can roll right over my fenders if needed...

I thought about a 2’ dovetail to lessen the ramp angle, but I’ve wished for a flat rear on any dovetail type deck I’ve used for anything but a vehicle.

I really thought hard about the 3.5’ flip over ramps that make a totally flat deck when stowed, but a 7’ ramp when deployed. Great, as long as you can always pull way forward to fold up the ramps. A buddy has a set and doesn’t always love them if he has a long load.

I thought about a 14K# trailer, since I upgraded damn near everything to that level anyway... again, looking at my historical use. I have no need for that capacity. Honestly, a 7K would be adequate... In the end, it came down to value for my needs. I was ok with the upgrades I chose, but found my stopping point.

I hope some of this info may be helpful! The options I chose added up the about 700# of additional weight. This trailer without any options is 2,200#. Mine is 2,900.

The fenders were the most expensive upgrade, at ~$400. Tires were next, at ~$200 for the five of them. Overkill Jack was about $170, which I figured is the cost of the first replacement of a basic one. Reverse lights were the only option that I thought was overpriced at ~$180. Overall, I added about $1,500 in options to get what I wanted, and I’m happy I did. Should be a real nice trailer for several years.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Chad, those are well thought out options and you will get many years of service from your new trailer. I am envious. ;)

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Hit the scale yesterday. Total trailer weight, as loaded in photo, is 7,600#. 6,950# on the axles, and 650# on the jack. Towed really well, but when I reloaded for my return trip, I parked the tractor forward about 8” further. Didn’t hit the scale, but it made a difference in handling for sure. Less porpoising as I drive. Towed like a dream!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When you get it 'just right' for towin, take a PICTURE and print a copy out, store in truck AND the trailer 'info tube' !! that way, you'll not have to guess, 3 weeks from now was it kined up on this crack or that know or ,sigh, gettin old sux.....

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
I have been looking for a new trailer since I blew something in my backhoe control tower and had to get it to the dealer. My 16' trailer that I had for 17 years was too small. I've had it for several tractors, but now with the wheel spacers on the tractor was too wide, and with the BH on, it was too short. Sold it in 4 days, but now I need to find a new trailer, because the dealer charges $200. each way and they have had it for over two weeks now and still have not even looked at it. I'm looking for a 20' deck-over with stand up ramps with legs to support the tractor as it is loaded. I'm looking at a few, but like you say, there is a long waiting period, but now that it's being serviced I shouldn't NEED it for a while but would be nice to have in case of need.
I am in PA. Last time I was picking up a trailer, I noticed a truck in the lot with MASS plates. Said he drove 8 hours to get the trailer he wanted. If you can not find the one at the place around our area, it most likely does not exist.

All Pro West is the name of the place. They call it the trailer super store.

Example https://www.trailersuperstore.com/shop/premier-8-x-20-deckover-equipment-trailer-ladder-ramps/

OP you have a great looking trailer.

Last edited: