ssv75 lift piston pins

Fat Tony

Equipment
Grand L6060, L4474 snow blower, ZD331 zero turn mower,RTV1120, KX91-3
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Should there be play in the lift pins the two big pistons one on each side- the pins are going up and down when the piston moves up or down- they move enough that I can feel it in the cab- I think I made a big mistake buying this the hour meter says 26 hours but I think it has alot more than that- if this is normal or not please let me know. Thanks

Aegis

Equipment
SSV75
Aug 10, 2019
CD'A Idaho
I cant answer your question, however it would be under warranty is something is wrong. I am interested to hear what you find out.. My SSV75 had maybe 2 hrs on it when I got.it.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
If you are talking about the pins in the boom lift cylinders? If so, NO. There should not be slop between the pins and bore.

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
I spoke to my sales rep.-he knows how picky I am and came over and after much talk and yelling he saw and felt what I was complaining about- any way he got me new pins and bushings- I did some closer looking and found out it looks like the pin is moving where it goes into the arm not the piston- I am going to remove the pin and see how bad it is. I will let you know.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I spoke to my sales rep.-he knows how picky I am and came over and after much talk and yelling he saw and felt what I was complaining about- any way he got me new pins and bushings- I did some closer looking and found out it looks like the pin is moving where it goes into the arm not the piston- I am going to remove the pin and see how bad it is. I will let you know.
Yellng? HIM? Or you?

I would not be personally working on a brand new piece of equipment if I thought it was damaged on delivery. I’d be returning it!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yellng? HIM? Or you?

I would not be personally working on a brand new piece of equipment if I thought it was damaged on delivery. I’d be returning it!
+1. I would not have touched it. It's their baby, not yours.

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Hi,he was yelling at me. I said I did not appreciate his attitude- at first he told me if I did not like to give it back- I told my step son remove the ott and I told him he could have the machine back- I also told him that is no way to treat a customer- not to mention I have bought over 265 grand worth of equipment off of him directly and I am just a home owner not a contractor- he then apoligized and said he was under alot of stress- any way he got me the parts- as I have stated before I dont trust their service department- any way it turns out the pins were never greased- they were scored and worn- but the bushings were the same inner diameter as the new ones I was given. I did not have time to change the parts yet- I had to put the machine back together because I needed the lift it was on. I greased it up and put it in the barn for now-I will have more time over the weekend to fix it.