BX2380 setting a returnable 3-point hitch height

DickHob

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 26, 2020
Sterling, NY
I am a new owner of a BX2380 with a 3-pt quick attach. I have a box blade, rake, and scraper (no wheels on any of them). When I find a working height setting for the blade/rake edge, I would like to be able return to that height.

There is no stop adjustment allowing me to return to my original setting. My dealer says most people use a bolt on chain to control height. I can do this but I'm wondering what others have done to solve this problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
DickHob

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Your BX has what they call a 1/4 inching control lever returns to center when released. What you want is a positional control - lever stays where you put it.
The B and larger tractors have it. Dealer willing to trade up? 3pt attachments will work the B model or a green tractor.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
can you put an adjustable stop on the 3 pt control lever? The B’s have them, unsure about other models, or how your console/lever is configured. a pict of the console/lever might get you more ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
can you put an adjustable stop on the 3 pt control lever? The B’s have them, unsure about other models, or how your console/lever is configured. a pict of the console/lever might get you more ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On a BX, the farther you move the lever, the faster the implement moves. The implement stops only at bottom or top of travel, or when the handle is released and spring-returns to center. A travel-stop would only limit how fast the implement moves, not how far. It was odd to learn after having an 8N.

Bruce

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Was in the back room of garage today and found the 3PH kit that came with my BX23S... I still haven't used...sigh it's been 2 YEARS already !

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
Ahh, gotcha now, a chain would be inconvenient, but maybe with a turnbuckle it would work, its not a whole lot different than any other 3 pt implement setup, ya have to use the quick buckle to level or angle the attatchment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DickHob

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 26, 2020
Sterling, NY
Re: BX2380 setting a returnable 3-point hitch height- UPDATE

Here is some proof of concept info.
1. Notched each end of a 2in pipe halfway so I had a solid surface to contact the ROP. I drilled 5/16in holes at the notched ends
2. Drilled and tapped the ROP to accept 5/16 machine bolts.
3. Drilled a centered hole in pipe for a 5/16in bolt hook to hold the upper chain link in the adjustment chain.
4. To connect the bottom of the chain to the implement pin I used a climbing rope clip hook. I used a small piece of wire to keep the chain link away from the pin.
This setup appears to work well. I can control the adjustment of my rake in approximately ½” increments. If the 5/16” hardware fails. I’ll go to 3/8”. Real test is going to be my box blade this weekend.
I also have a turnbuckle if I need a finer adjustment (thank you powersrp)

Attachments