B2650 blows 5 amp fuse when parking brake is set

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
If i set the parking brake with the machine running it will blow a 5 amp fuse and the display on the dash will go dark and no crank. If i release the parking brake and replace the fuse all is good. I replaced the safety switch and still have the same issue. Then i pulled the dash cover and replaced the fuse with a breaker, wiggled all the wires and got everything to work correctly, Great !!! so i thought now the next step was the wiggle each wire individually until i can consistently get the temporary breaker to pop. Never able to accomplish this , put it all back together and now fast forward 6 months and its doing it again.

Any idea's ??

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It sounds like the physical action of the brake lever moving is snagging a wire and shorting it to ground. Have someone SLOWLY set/release the pbrake until you see what wire it is.

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
So I killed about a half day today trying to resolve this issue with no success. Anybody know were i can get a wire diagram ??

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
If i set the parking brake with the machine running it will blow a 5 amp fuse and the display on the dash will go dark and no crank. If i release the parking brake and replace the fuse all is good. I replaced the safety switch and still have the same issue. Then i pulled the dash cover and replaced the fuse with a breaker, wiggled all the wires and got everything to work correctly, Great !!! so i thought now the next step was the wiggle each wire individually until i can consistently get the temporary breaker to pop. Never able to accomplish this , put it all back together and now fast forward 6 months and its doing it again.

Any idea's ??
Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing now.

Motronic

Equipment
B2650, Z421
Jun 3, 2021
PA
Parking brake switch is tied into the insane amount of safety switched on the 2650. It allows you to run the PTO without an ass in the seat, at least on the cab models.

I'd start tracing back from the switch. If you don't have obvious wire damage it's going to be a slog through the safety interlocks.

But if you don't need to run the PTO when off of the machine.......try just disconnecting it.

66deancole

Equipment
18 B2650
Mar 7, 2022
Indiana
I had the same problem and it was a striped wire that was shorting out on the frame when the parking brake was depressed. That's all the info I have. Good luck!
Could you please elaborate on where this "striped" wire is? I believe I might have sardillim's old tractor.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Parking brake switch is tied into the insane amount of safety switched on the 2650. It allows you to run the PTO without an ass in the seat, at least on the cab models.
This is the parking brake to PTO interlock switch with my B2650 dash panel removed. I had to adjust the switch after doing maintenance adjustments on my brake pedals' travel, it wasn't pushing that button anymore with the emerg on, pto shut off if not in seat. Adjusting the switch lower fixed the issue.

Just showing it here as a possible reference for any shorting out search possibilities.

Brake off:
IMG_20210331_112410268_HDR.jpg

Brake engaged:

IMG_20210331_112438162.jpg

No wires near those levers in this area, anyway.