B2650HSD w/ mid mount mower

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
MY 60" MMM is sitting in the barn, covered and blocked up off the wheels, and there it will stay. I bought the B2650 slightly used (70 hrs) and the MMM came with it. I have about 1.5 acres to mow, through gates, around trees, and over sloped areas. I use my old JD 316 to mow.

I use the "K" to maintain the remaining 42 acres, including 1/4 mile gravel drive, woodland trails etc. I just bought a flail mower.

I had the MMM locked up for some time, but if I wasn't going to use it, I decided to get the ground clearance back, and took it off. I locked up the "draft arms" .

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW UPFRONT. The MMM may hit some tires when fully raised, especially if you put wheel spacers on. I didn't have that problem with my factory 1.5 inch spacers, but some do. The draft arms that lift the mower work in conjunction with the three point hitch. If you don't lock up the MMM it will move up and down with hitch. (not a good thing)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I am in a similar position. I need to either purchase a ZT or some sort of mower for my B2920 to mow 3.3 acres. What is the reason for having to remove the MMM in order to utilize the tractor for other tasks? Is it because the three point hitch can't be used with the MMM installed? Does a TPH finish mower have any advantages over a MMM in terms of cut quality?
The MMM can be locked up so that you are free to use the 3 point hitch for other implements. The only reason I remove my MMM in the summer is if I am doing something that I need more ground clearance than what the locked up MMM offers. I mow 1-3/4 acres with my MMM on my B2920 and really like it.

Velosprints

Equipment
B2920
Jul 16, 2018
Augusta, WV
The MMM can be locked up so that you are free to use the 3 point hitch for other implements. The only reason I remove my MMM in the summer is if I am doing something that I need more ground clearance than what the locked up MMM offers. I mow 1-3/4 acres with my MMM on my B2920 and really like it.
How high can you raise the MMM? What kind of clearance can you maintain?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have the B3350xxxx , with cab ,with mmm , FEL. The mmm is raised and lowered with TPH brackets that have to be removed to use the tph. I have grass catcher as well. All had to come off the use tph. Been a while since I did it to mount hydraulic pump for snow blower. Was not worth the trouble since we get lite snowfall. Check dealer or manuals.
The MMM on your N3350 can be pinned in the fully up position allowing use of the three point hitch without lowering the MMM.

Of course ground clearance is limited but it works.

Once the MMM is removed, the lifting mechanism can also be latched in the fully up position maximizing ground clearance.

Instructions for doing both are in your MOWER Operator's Manual.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I can't offer experience with a cab and AC, but my B2650 had no problem at all cutting pretty tall grass with a 72" deck. But what I cut was fairly level and with my rough ground had to go pretty slow. Cutting tall, thick, grass, on a smooth lawn where you can go fast, and up hill, with the weight of a cab, might push it. Or maybe just slow down in that scenario.
There have been multiple threads regarding inadequate power with the B2650 and 72" finish mowers both here and on TBN.

Most such owners have unreasonable expectations regarding a 20 PTO HP tractor.

SDT

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Used to cut grass with B2650 & RFM. Recently picked up a Z421 Zero Turn Mower, much lighter for wet areas, turns on a dime & cuts in half the time.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
How high can you raise the MMM? What kind of clearance can you maintain?
There is probably about 4” or so of ground clearance with it up.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Zakatac - See you're a new member, if you don't yet have Kubota and are considering the B3350 - DON'T - the pollution controls have given this model a bad rap. Many think the new LX series was created to distance themselves from the don't buy a B crowd.

If you think you need more than 26hp, the new LX has a different engine and an updated FEL. Should hit local markets in a few months.