Need a good tow sprayer?

LONGBOW42

Equipment
B2650, loader, mowing, seeding, rake, post hole digger, rear blade
May 19, 2020
Chadds Ford, Pa
Looking for a decent tow sprayer that will work on a B2650. Would like at least an 80" boom coverage if not more. Thank you.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
You might want to think about something to mount on the 3PH. I had a small tow-behind and it was super quick to jacknife when backing up. I took some of the parts and made up a 15 gallon unit with a small discarded soap barrel. Having it as part of the tractor makes it MUCH more user friendly. It sprays a decent pattern around 6-8' wide. Depends on how high I carry it. When setting it up I load some plain water in it and spray it on the driveway so I can see it before loading chemicals for the grass.

Making one from scratch would be simple. Tractor Supply and others sell demand pumps and spray nozzles. My setup has a valve to shut the boom part off so I can use the hand sprayer if I want to do spot spraying. For spot spraying I turn the pump power on and it shuts itself off if I'm not spraying with the wand via an internal pressure switch. When using the boom, the pump runs as long as it has power. I usually use it on the Ford and plug it into the "flat two" connector for the rear work light so I can switch it from the seat. I need to work on it now because I kinda quickly disassembled it to use the tank for something else last Fall.

Attachments

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Looking for a decent tow sprayer that will work on a B2650. Would like at least an 80" boom coverage if not more. Thank you.
Not sure the tow capacity of your tractor but begin there. I have a B2710 and have used it to pull my 500 gallon pull sprayer and it was way overloaded. 80 feet of boom will need a good size thank, would say no less than 200 gallons that is 1600 pounds of water plus the sprayer itself. Also 80 feet of boom is a lot to keep level. You will need as wide wheel base as you can to help prevent the sprayer rom rocking side to side. How do you plan to power the sprayer pump? You will need a lot of pump capacity for a 80 foot boom. You need to calculate the gallons that boom will need, the horse power that pump will need and also the weight of the sprayer. If your ground is not basically level and firm really don't think you have the horse power or weight required.

I had a 500 gallon pull sprayer and only ran about 30 feet on it. In my fields of 4 to 15 acres could spray it about as fast a friend who farmed it with is about 80 foot boom for how long it took him to turn around.

I really believe you would be at max with 200 gallon tank and about 30 foot boom for your tractor.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
OP’s looking for 80 inches (“) not feet. Interested in this topic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Not sure the tow capacity of your tractor but begin there. I have a B2710 and have used it to pull my 500 gallon pull sprayer and it was way overloaded. 80 feet of boom will need a good size thank, would say no less than 200 gallons that is 1600 pounds of water plus the sprayer itself. Also 80 feet of boom is a lot to keep level. You will need as wide wheel base as you can to help prevent the sprayer rom rocking side to side. How do you plan to power the sprayer pump? You will need a lot of pump capacity for a 80 foot boom. You need to calculate the gallons that boom will need, the horse power that pump will need and also the weight of the sprayer. If your ground is not basically level and firm really don't think you have the horse power or weight required.

I had a 500 gallon pull sprayer and only ran about 30 feet on it. In my fields of 4 to 15 acres could spray it about as fast a friend who farmed it with is about 80 foot boom for how long it took him to turn around.

I really believe you would be at max with 200 gallon tank and about 30 foot boom for your tractor.
He said 80 inches, not 80 feet :eek: ;)

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I looked up one on Northern Hydraulic's web page. I have a 3 point mounted one that I always put behind the TL 80A cab tractor. The only reason in doing so was to ride in the A/C. I think the trailer mounted one would be a pain. NH did have one that did not use an electric pump but a ground driven one. Rural King, TSC all are about the same on that kind of stuff.

You might also shop for them as "ATV sprayers" as that brought up different sprayers when I looked them up.

LONGBOW42

Equipment
B2650, loader, mowing, seeding, rake, post hole digger, rear blade
May 19, 2020
Chadds Ford, Pa

Thank you; it was at least 80" not 80' of boom.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
OP’s looking for 80 inches (“) not feet. Interested in this topic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy I misread that! For that size sprayer would rather have a 3 pth sprayer for reasons given already.