engine idle rough and knocks

newfieboy58

Equipment
B2650 TLB rear snowblower & 72" snow pusher
Dec 19, 2016
Newfoundland Canada
I have a new b2650 25 hrs on yesterday when I was operating it noticed lost of power especially when I put the strain on. Blue smoke from exhaust and knocking noise. I taught maybe water in fuel drained tank put new fuel in cleaned the filter but still the same. Cracked the 3 injector lines one at a time while it was idling the first and second got a rough idle but number 3 never got that rough idle but did spray out bit fuel

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
I have a new b2650 25 hrs on yesterday when I was operating it noticed lost of power especially when I put the strain on. Blue smoke from exhaust and knocking noise. I taught maybe water in fuel drained tank put new fuel in cleaned the filter but still the same. Cracked the 3 injector lines one at a time while it was idling the first and second got a rough idle but number 3 never got that rough idle but did spray out bit fuel
What do you mean when you say you "cleaned" the filter? I'm not familiar with your unit but are you sure it's a serviceable fuel filter? If it's not, it needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Blue smoke from exhaust and knocking noise. I taught maybe water in fuel drained tank put new fuel in cleaned the filter but still the same.
Did the filter smell like gasoline?

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Swap the injector w the 1 furthest away from it.. just to see if it follows the injector.
If it does.. u found the problem..
If it doesnt.. it could be the pump..
or u might have a fuel FEED problem.. enough fuel to run 2 instead of 3..

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Check the coolant level in the radiator, not just looking at the surge tank. Hopefully it is full.
DO NOT REMOVE AN INJECTOR or move it to another hole!!!!!!!!!
Call your dealer.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If, as you stated, NEW with 25 hours, don't mess with it but call the dealer.

You should be seeing an error code.

Read the attached.

Dave
:rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
YEAH what they said call the dealer dont muck about with it!!!! And another thing, someone mentioned are you SURE someone didnt dump gas in the tank? It does happen,, dont ask, :rolleyes:

newfieboy58

Equipment
Dec 19, 2016
Newfoundland Canada
Thanks for all the replies I took it to the dealer today they said its injector problem left it there till they get it sorted out should hear back soon if they have the parts in stock.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
YEAH what they said call the dealer dont muck about with it!!!! And another thing, someone mentioned are you SURE someone didnt dump gas in the tank? It does happen,, dont ask, :rolleyes:
Believe it or not, you can do the opposite, diesel in gas tank and the gas motor will run. Not good but will run. Did that to my riding lawnmower. She was a real pig and smoked but ran.

newfieboy58

Equipment
Dec 19, 2016
Newfoundland Canada
Well finally got my b2650 back from the Kubota dealership after being there for little over 2 weeks. The problem was a fuel injector was bad the one that is closest to the operator. Used it for about 5 hrs yesterday and been working great

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Well finally got my b2650 back from the Kubota dealership after being there for little over 2 weeks. The problem was a fuel injector was bad the one that is closest to the operator. Used it for about 5 hrs yesterday and been working great
Thanks for the update.

25 hours and a bad injector.......... most unusual

Dave

newfieboy58

Equipment
Dec 19, 2016
Newfoundland Canada
Thanks for the update.

25 hours and a bad injector.......... most unusual

Dave
I think I may have messed the injector up myself. I put fuel in the tractor that was bad had water in it. Reason I know after I got it back from the dealer used it for about 20 hours no problems. Then I decided to put the other fuel that I had outside in a can the winter got about half gone and stated doing the same losing power and knocking so I drained it out and got fresh fuel and added sea foam and new fuel filter let it idle for about 10 minutes and been working perfect since. Oh and the glass bowl that the filter was in had lot of dirty s___t in it and the filter was brown colour