What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
A friend called this week and asked if I could help her and her daughter remove some stone that had been in a circle around a fire pit at the daughter's recently purchased house. They are going to put in an above-ground pool and needed the stone removed. I said sure, and went over this afternoon.
When I got there, they had a wheelbarrow full of the stone, but it was so heavy they couldn't move it! I pulled up to the side and tipped it over into the bucket, and it very nearly filled the bucket. No wonder they couldn't move it.
She said they had worked for 3 or 4 hours and it looked like they hadn't even touched a stone.
The stone was mostly 1-2 inch stuff, about 4 inches deep in a 30 foot diameter circle. There must have been about 12 yards of stone there, as when I got done there was a pile of stone and dirt about 15 feet across and as high as the BX could stack it. A few of the bucketfuls were so heavy, it was all the BX could do to lift them up.
Took about a half hour to dig it all out and pile it up at the back of the yard.

The BX did a great job, what a machine!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Topped off the R134 refrigerant in my M9000 cab today. Bought the gauge set from HF and a can of 134 from Autozone and proceeded to add a bit. It's never been charged since new (2004) and was getting a bit weak.

She really blows cold air now. Least it has a sight glass (unlike most 134 systems) so seeing the refrigerant level is easy.

Don't have to worry about sweating my buns off making hay this year.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Pellet stove last burn was on Tuesday. Today summer arrived (I miss spring)

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Got 70 loads of free fill yesterday. Spent the day helping out with placing and leveling it over some low areas in the back of the property. 50 more to come Monday. The tractor was really just to help out when the 5 truck rotation overwhelmed the excavator operator.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Started to grade the drive then this.

Will wait it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Box bladed the driveway. Once that was complete, gave the tractor a good bath, checked all the fittings, hoses, fluids, checked/tightened the lug nuts, checked/tightened loader bolts, and looked for anything that didn't look right. I figure it has been a year of use on the tractor and it was time for a good bath and in depth look over instead of just the routine maintenance.

Thankfully, I didn't find much except a few loose bolts (they felt tight, but when putting the torque wrench on them, they tightened a little).

So after a year worth of work, ~140 hours, no major issues. Actually outside the service issue I had with my dealer, no issue with the tractor except the hood doesn't always latch when you close it. Everything looks fine on the latch and the hook, latches about 50% of the time, so will have to do some more research on it and see what I can figure out.

I'm very pleased with the tractor and performance.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Rain ended and I got the drive box bladed. Set the teeth on their highest setting so it was just breaking up the top couple inches. Did around 3hrs of work to break it up, fill the holes and grade it out. The final passes were with the teeth fully up to smooth the surface. Fun day. I now have a better understanding of the box blade and how to use it.

Finished just in time. Storms popping up again

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Rain ended and I got the drive box bladed. Set the teeth on their highest setting so it was just breaking up the top couple inches. Did around 3hrs of work to break it up, fill the holes and grade it out. The final passes were with the teeth fully up to smooth the surface. Fun day. I now have a better understanding of the box blade and how to use it.

Finished just in time. Storms popping up again

For that well cared for drive, have you thought about a land plane? Few passes and you’d be done.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Made a "cherry picker" out of an IBC tote frame. I just need to add some pool "noodles" to the top rail to make it more comfy.

I may get a second one and weld it inverted to the top to be used as a mobile "stripper cage" with Covid going on...whatever you're in to. ;)

Attachments

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Box bladed the driveway. Once that was complete, gave the tractor a good bath, checked all the fittings, hoses, fluids, checked/tightened the lug nuts, checked/tightened loader bolts, and looked for anything that didn't look right. I figure it has been a year of use on the tractor and it was time for a good bath and in depth look over instead of just the routine maintenance.

Thankfully, I didn't find much except a few loose bolts (they felt tight, but when putting the torque wrench on them, they tightened a little).

So after a year worth of work, ~140 hours, no major issues. Actually outside the service issue I had with my dealer, no issue with the tractor except the hood doesn't always latch when you close it. Everything looks fine on the latch and the hook, latches about 50% of the time, so will have to do some more research on it and see what I can figure out.

I'm very pleased with the tractor and performance.
Is the bottom pan that the latch attaches to straight? I know mine is a different tractor, but when I got it the hood shut perfect, never an issue. Then I pushing brush/logs with the loader and one rolled under and hit that pan, hood came opened when it happened, but it bent the pan. I got it somewhat straight but the hood still doesn’t close right.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Made a "cherry picker" out of an IBC tote frame. I just need to add some pool "noodles" to the top rail to make it more comfy.

I was following a truck with one of those strapped to the bed and thought of the same thing.

Do not forget to add some way to tie the tote to the pallet forks. A little piece of chain and a snap would work well. Just in case somebody bumps the FEL lever the wrong way.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Pellet stove last burn was on Tuesday. Today summer arrived (I miss spring)
My pellet stove has been on a steady diet of corn for the last 2 years. I mix corn at a 3-1 ratio with pellets so a ton of pellets makes 4 ton total of mix.

Total heat bill last winter was 199 bucks. The corn is free.

Need to do some work on my venting. It's 15 years old and getting as bit ratty in spots.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

I was following a truck with one of those strapped to the bed and thought of the same thing.

Do not forget to add some way to tie the tote to the pallet forks. A little piece of chain and a snap would work well. Just in case somebody bumps the FEL lever the wrong way.
Don't tell anyone, I just sit in the bucket....:eek:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Is the bottom pan that the latch attaches to straight? I know mine is a different tractor, but when I got it the hood shut perfect, never an issue. Then I pushing brush/logs with the loader and one rolled under and hit that pan, hood came opened when it happened, but it bent the pan. I got it somewhat straight but the hood still doesn’t close right.
I will take a close look. It didn't appear bent, but it could be slightly out of whack explaining why it works about 50%. Thanks for the suggestion.

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
Replacing a gate post in the garden that was snapped by a small tornado. Didn't have enough height to drop it straight in so dug a ramp and angled it in.
Excuse the ratty looks of the garden fencing. It is all "found" materials here on the place. Zero costs of materials. This big post used to hold up the gate at the county road, but we replaced it last year with pipe fencing.

Attachments