Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
A new forum topic for projects, nice. :D
That's cool, someone asked for that! Somehow I don't think trying to get the veggies planted in this sudden heat wave counts. Went from freeze warnings last week to 90. Feels like a project though.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
HUGE face of project---
- remodel home to rent out.... then live in when old and feeble. Remodeled to match small log cabin on property.... to house medical student to be my care provider when old and feeble.

- building expedition camper to live in while remodeling/renting home , some exploring.. when NOT yet old and feeble... project underway few years (need to move faster.... Im getting old and my my job is known to beat up the body... hense in last year beginning to sometimes to have joints that feel old feeble already lol. Both shoulders need surgery now)

projects that go with this

. Disassemble first rusty military truck (original camper project base) and swap updated parts already done to it... onto one mentioned next (swap over its different rear axle - better transmission..)
. disassemble second far less rusty military truck and sell of parts and use this truck as base for camper (less rust, bigger engine, bad tranny)
. re-purpose/dual purpose : 4 pan/tilt military vehicle search lights plus IR and their joystick controller to also be front/rear and side view camera mounts for above camper.
. mount military winch(s) to truck. one is hydraulic.. maybe putting pump onto APU instead of pto on tranny... would be more versatile.
. mount 14.5 aluminum ambulance box onto truck.
. convert 14.5 foot ambulance box to camper

. waste motor oil to diesel fuel project for all my diesels... started this project recently.
. build plastic to diesel processor (pyrolysis system) as well. (been collecting household plastic for years)
. convert shredder to 24v to grind up above plastic.
. eventually make smaller portable copy of three above to mount in trailer that will tow with camper.
. put bed from rusty truck onto bedless military trailer frame for this purpose

. diesel motorcycle to match camper. unfortunately discovered too cold for my skinny arse when I get off work at late night; for majority of year, to use it as a daily commuter as originally also intended.

. 1000w plus of Solar and battery system mounted to camper that can also provide supplemental power to home when it is just parked there

. build HUMONGO tent garage (ex military 24x 32) to fit truck into work on them) cause it seems to never stop raining.... !@#$%^&*
. build small tent garage for oil processing 10x10 (done mostly)
. Build med. tent garage for Kubota and firewood processing 10x20
. clear land for above tents and relocate cabin to better part of land. (foresee future battles with code enforcement:mad:)--- and provide fire wood
. build road to above tents / cabin

phew..... HELPPPPPPP lol

Last edited:

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Just starting building a 24x36 camp on our property in SW Mississippi. This will probably be a 2 year project.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I've been working on changing the route of my driveway going up hill to the house. This is an on going project getting fill when and where I can as well as building retaining walls to help hold back the driveway near my barn. A little tough right now since the dealer has had my tractor for 3 weeks now to find and repair a hydraulic leak in the BH control tower. The last time I checked they hadn't even looked at it yet. Can't wait to get back in the seat!

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Just starting building a 24x36 camp on our property in SW Mississippi. This will probably be a 2 year project.
Hi 8up! Start a new thread with your build in this forum! Sounds like an interesting project

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Trying to get the garden planted. So hot and muggy, my 70 year old body lasts about 2 hours and I've had it.

Looking at hay shortly but that is in an air conditioned (just charged it up) cab.

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
Still working on turboing my L185DT.
Got stuck on nights and that's slowed down progress to a crawl.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Clearing up and removing old fences along my mother in laws old cattle farm. It was chopped up in several feed lots and small fields that they used to rotate cattle. Trying to clean up the old grown up fence lines and get it in as low a maintenance property as I can before I retire in a a few years. This way I can lease it out for hay or just mow it without all the old overgrowth. Over a 100 hours in the last 8 months on the Kubota just for this. Very rewarding once I get a section out and cleared!