Hydraulic coupler for Loader Attachment

JayAndrew

Equipment
BX2680 Loader and snow blower
Feb 2, 2019
Woodstock, NB, Canada
Hi,

I've noticed some hydraulic fluid leakage at 2 locations. It's not bad and I've been monitoring it for a while.

I had it into the service department at Kubota. They mentioned that the coupler wasn't tight. Everything looked fine to me.

The fluid level has never changed when I've checked it.

It's hard to monitor in the winter with snow etc. I've noticed it mainly in the summer time. I unhooked the loader this evening and the 2 locations showed leakage at the same to locations on the coupler. The loader is always on the garage floor in the level position.

Should there be a seal? or is a little leakage normal with temperature change?

Thanks,

Attachments

Sqidget

Equipment
BX24
Feb 5, 2011
Richmond, RI
I know you mentioned you brought it to the dealer. There are bulletins on this issue and it is a known issue. Some drip a little, some pour oil making the unit unusable. If you are still within warranty try again or try another dealer.
Have them reference PSB-2018-082r2
There are serial number cutoffs where new parts were put in production.

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
Mine had a small leak from day 1...Strangely, it leaked MORE when the loader was removed. I contacted my dealer and told me it was a common issue and, pretty much, ordered everything new. The parts were on backorder and I waited several months. They came to my house and replaced all of the couplers and said something about the new ones having stronger springs in them. The gave me a gallon of Super UDT for the lost fluid. It hasn’t leaked since...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah, what John T said....I have no experience but have seen many with similar issues with leaks.
Not sure I would choose the quick connection option if I had the option for the 4 Pioneers that John went back to. I’ve had no problem with the pioneers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk