Size Rotary Mower For B7510

MX888

May 23, 2020
Norfolk
Hello all,
Looking for some advise on the size and brand rotary mower for a 2004 B7510. I see other threads talking about sizes, but different tractors and I'm not sure how they all match up to a B7510. engine 21 hp and 17 pto hp. I feel a 4' would be max size, but rather hear it from someone that knows way more than me. Thank you all in advance.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A mower to match your tractor depends a lot on the transmission you have.

A hydrostatic one allows you to match the ground speed to the mower's grass cutting load.

A 48" width is a safe bet. 60" if you have a HSD and are not allowing your grass to get out of control.

Landpride, now owned by Kubota, sells a FDR16 in different widths.

https://www.landpride.com/products/84/fdr16-series-grooming-mowers

Regardless of the brand of finishing mower, the power requirements will be the same.

You just want to buy one where you can get parts in 10 or 15 years from when it was new.

Dave

MX888

May 23, 2020
Norfolk
Dave,
Thank you very much for the info and quick response. I will look into the link and we can make a decision from there. From what I remember grass is pretty heavy in that area. This is not my tractor, the mower would be for a gift. Hope we make the right choice. LOL. Be well!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hello all,
Looking for some advise on the size and brand rotary mower for a 2004 B7510. I see other threads talking about sizes, but different tractors and I'm not sure how they all match up to a B7510. engine 21 hp and 17 pto hp. I feel a 4' would be max size, but rather hear it from someone that knows way more than me. Thank you all in advance.
I agree, 48" rough cut mower, HST or otherwise. 60" finish mower.

Be sure to consult your Operator's Manual so that you do not exceed the recommended maximum weight of three point mounted mowers.

SDT