Land pride rga1250

perryrlund

Equipment
Bx25D
Jun 3, 2015
Gladstone, Michigan
I'm looking at getting a rotatiller for my BX25D. I was looking at the Land Pride RTR1250 which seems to be the most popular but I see they recently came out with the RGA1250, the difference being gear drive versus chain drive. I see the chain drive warranty is 10 years whereas the gear drive warranty is only 3 years.

Any opinions out there? Has anyone tried the RGA series?

I also need to get a hitch as I only have the backhoe on the back now. Any recommendations? I was looking at the QH05.

Thanks.

datec

Equipment
BX2200
May 23, 2018
W.Pa
I'm looking at getting a rotatiller for my BX25D. I was looking at the Land Pride RTR1250 which seems to be the most popular but I see they recently came out with the RGA1250, the difference being gear drive versus chain drive. I see the chain drive warranty is 10 years whereas the gear drive warranty is only 3 years.

Any opinions out there? Has anyone tried the RGA series?

I also need to get a hitch as I only have the backhoe on the back now. Any recommendations? I was looking at the QH05.

Thanks.

I just got the RGR (reverse tine) 1250 the big difference is the RG series has 6 tines per flange and the RT series has 4 tines. The 6 tine reverse tiller turns seasoned soil to fine soil, it really makes it look like fresh sifted top soil on the first pass. I haven't used the 4 tine model but with everything I read up on it I wanted the 6 tine reverse tiller and am glad I did.

The one thing I would absolutely do with any of the tillers is make sure you loosen the slip clutch and break it in before you use it, it will stop your engine in a heart beat. Loosen each bolt equally till it wont turn the tines while the PTO is running with the tines touching the ground, do this 3 times for 3-5 sec each then tighten. Putting it back where it was from the factory was still way too tight and stopped my engine when the tines jammed on a root. I backed off the slip clutch 2 rotations and it then would slip the clutch and slow the engine but not stop it so I called it good.

It has chopped 2in roots without even thinking about it and pushes the rocks and garbage to the front and walks them in front till the pass is complete for easy clean up with the ground turned to a fine fluff. It's a really nice unit.

The RGR1250 is the biggest I feel my BX2200 can handle safely any bigger would be really working the tractor too hard.

Last edited: