MX5200 HST recall

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
LOLOLOL. ... Flip and I are likely both laughing/gloating over our good fortune having good ol’ reliable non-Tier M-series that will still be future-loaners because they are so basic very little is susceptible to issues... :p
Nah, my MX was a 2018 model and had a DPF. But apparently did not have the HST transmission issue.

I called the dealer yesterday and they are still awaiting on parts.

Going to be annoyed to have spent nearly $50k on a fully optioned L4060 to get an A/C cab and end up mowing again on my old open station in the heat.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nah, my MX was a 2018 model and had a DPF. But apparently did not have the HST transmission issue.

Going to be annoyed to have spent nearly $50k on a fully optioned L4060 to get an A/C cab and end up mowing again on my old open station in the heat.
I had the same experience last Friday. Had the granular fertilizer spreader already on the M9 open station and filled with 300 pounds of 46 granulated and alfalfa and broom grass seed. I had to overseed and fertilize a unused hayfield I'm developing that I chopped the week before. Used the open station with the bat wing chopper but it was cool. Friday it was hot, in the 90's and I spent more time sweating than anything else even with the canopy on it was miserable and all the while my cab M9 was sitting in the barn, unused. Bad choice on my part.

I wonder what the 'kit' entails? Must just be gaskets and seals. I also wonder how much time Kubota is allowing for the repair. I'll have to swing by my dealer and ask Dennis, I'm sure he will be doing them. He told me they sold 5 of the units with the issue.

Maybe you should keep your old tractor as well. It's nice having 2 as I found out.

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
Frustrating.

Pretty disappointed in the communication from Kubota on this.
Yeah, I realize they must have been blindsided by this but they kind of dropped the ball a little. I am still waiting for the "OK to Operate" letter they said they were going to send me.

I finally got another letter from Kubota saying that after further investigation, my tractor is not included in this campaign. So, it looks like I'm in the clear finally!
Cool!

LOLOLOL. ... Flip and I are likely both laughing/gloating over our good fortune having good ol***8217; reliable non-Tier M-series that will still be future-loaners because they are so basic very little is susceptible to issues... :p
You guys probably can't even get a flat tire (thinking of Flintstones Car) :D

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You guys probably can't even get a flat tire (thinking of Flintstones Car)

I can and it's always expensive. A new set of shoes for either of my tractors is 3500 bucks in bias and 4000 in radials. Had a stem leak this spring that needed repaired. Had to call the tractor tire service man to handle it. 150 for the service call, 80 for the new tube. You don't do big tires yourself.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
You guys probably can't even get a flat tire (thinking of Flintstones Car)

I can and it's always expensive. A new set of shoes for either of my tractors is 3500 bucks in bias and 4000 in radials. Had a stem leak this spring that needed repaired. Had to call the tractor tire service man to handle it. 150 for the service call, 80 for the new tube. You don't do big tires yourself.
Actually large (up to a point) air filled AG tires are easier to change than small tires. At some point, however, they become too heavy for a single person to easily handle.

SDT

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ve not had any “flats” with my M4700 but used to have them regularly on the fronts of my little 9N Ford. I aways fixed those myself (mesquite thorns usually here in Texas.). But I’ve pretty much gotten rid of the mesquite on my main runway and my other rwy is mostly gravel, but the shoulders have some serious mesquite thorns on them. I’ve been crushing them down with my 14K lbs compactor-roller rather than try to mow them ..but I do expect any flats on the Kubota will be super-easy to repair... my cell ph is voice activated and calling the ag tire place can be done with a beer in my other hand. :D

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
I’ve not had any “flats” with my M4700 but used to have them regularly on the fronts of my little 9N Ford.
I finally got two new tires for our 9N which put a stop to flats. The tires were remarkably inexpensive through Les Schwab.

Aaaagggg.. Just noticed I have helped hijack the thread from the original MX5200 HST post. Funny how that happens.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Actually large (up to a point) air filled AG tires are easier to change than small tires. At some point, however, they become too heavy for a single person to easily handle.

SDT
I agree, the fronts I can handle. Really not larger than my F350 tires weight wise, the rears however are an entirely different story.

Actually, my tire service guy uses his truck mounted jib crane on all of them.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Thank you everyone for this thread. I signed yesterday with Kubota on a new L4060HSTC and learned about this recall from OTT and TBN. Checked my s/n and not affected otherwise I would have considered buyers remorse on the purchase.

All of you are great for offering this blog to check and verify information.

Reactions: 1 user

RoadmasterD

Equipment
L3560HSTC-LE
Jan 10, 2020
Oregon
Got mine back from the dealer last week. The tech said the bolts were tight but not fully torqued. Glad it’s finally done.

Reactions: 1 user