MX5200 HST recall

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Maybe I should hold my breath for the 2nd letter saying not to make any payments until it's fixed since I can't safely operate it..... :rolleyes:
You may expire from lack of oxygen....:)

RoadmasterD

Equipment
L3560HSTC-LE
Jan 10, 2020
Oregon
Maybe I should hold my breath for the 2nd letter saying not to make any payments until it's fixed since I can't safely operate it..... :rolleyes:
Lol, I mentioned that to the customer service rep when I called. She politely told me I would have to discuss that with Kubota Credit. She also said that she couldn't say if they would reimburse me for a tractor rental. I kind of felt sorry for her.

In all seriousness, it would be nice if Kubota would share what factual information they have so owners could make a personal judgement call as to the continued use (i.e. one known failure vs. ten known failures and a bad torque device at the factory).

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I got the same letter from Kubota on my L4701 HST. No recall # to reference or anything, just the serial # of my tractor and the phone # to call my dealer. Called my dealer and they said to let them make a few calls and they'd get back to me. They called me back and asked if I could send a scan of the letter to them. Apparently Kubota isn't communicating this very well to their dealers unless mine is special.
Its been posted on the Kubota Dealers web site in big bold writing for over 10 days now. I don't know how anyone could have missed it. It lists the PSB number which tells which models and serial numbers are affected.

budice81

Apr 3, 2020
FRONT ROYAL
dam . put order in last week of feb for my 3560le with bh92 and still waiting on the mounting kit. now they prob gonna have to do the recall . man gettin tired of waiting for a tractor thats been tore apart.. grr

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Lol, I mentioned that to the customer service rep when I called. She politely told me I would have to discuss that with Kubota Credit. She also said that she couldn't say if they would reimburse me for a tractor rental. I kind of felt sorry for her.

In all seriousness, it would be nice if Kubota would share what factual information they have so owners could make a personal judgement call as to the continued use (i.e. one known failure vs. ten known failures and a bad torque device at the factory).
Kubota releases information on a "Need To Know" basis.
Rule One = You do not need to know. :D

budice81

Apr 3, 2020
FRONT ROYAL
got a link to that? Its been posted on the Kubota Dealers web site in big bold writing for over 10 days now. I don't know how anyone could have missed it. It lists the PSB number which tells which models and serial numbers are affected.

Last edited:

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Does anyone know if this is something that can damage the tractor? My understanding is that the worst case is the tractor will start rolling like it was put into neutral.

budice81

Apr 3, 2020
FRONT ROYAL
Its been posted on the Kubota Dealers web site in big bold writing for over 10 days now. I don't know how anyone could have missed it. It lists the PSB number which tells which models and serial numbers are affected.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Its the Dealer Portal to Kubota, they would be logging into it every day. Every Kubota dealer uses it.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Its the Dealer Portal to Kubota, they would be logging into it every day. Every Kubota dealer uses it.
So, 10 days ago this posted on the dealer portal? My dealer said that Kubota doesn’t yet have the “parts” to tighten the bolt and could be a week or two before they have the “parts”. Is there anything useful posted on this dealer portal? Seems like Kubota is still trying to figure out what to do. Probably not a small job if the have to tear into the tractor. Could be costly for them.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
So, 10 days ago this posted on the dealer portal? My dealer said that Kubota doesn’t yet have the “parts” to tighten the bolt and could be a week or two before they have the “parts”. Is there anything useful posted on this dealer portal? Seems like Kubota is still trying to figure out what to do. Probably not a small job if the have to tear into the tractor. Could be costly for them.
As stated before, The notice of Stop Sale and Stop Use was Posted at least 10 days ago when I first saw it. It states that there is the possibility of a bolt related to the hydro that may not be correctly torqued. The PSB number is listed that gives the Models and serial number ranges for affected units as determined so far. They may add more, no one knows.

The Repair has not been released so no one outside of the Corporate Offices knows what, and how to repair it yet.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
As stated before, The notice of Stop Sale and Stop Use was Posted at least 10 days ago when I first saw it. It states that there is the possibility of a bolt related to the hydro that may not be correctly torqued. The PSB number is listed that gives the Models and serial number ranges for affected units as determined so far. They may add more, no one knows.

The Repair has not been released so no one outside of the Corporate Offices knows what, and how to repair it yet.
Can someone post the PSB number, models and serial number ranges of the affected units?

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
Here is a pic of the repair on a GL. Parts needed are 2 gaskets, sounds like the MX gaskets are available, the GL ones on back order. One poster said if the bolt loosens the HST will act like in neutral, so it may not be catastrophic failure issue

Attachments

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Here is a pic of the repair on a GL. Parts needed are 2 gaskets, sounds like the MX gaskets are available, the GL ones on back order. One poster said if the bolt loosens the HST will act like in neutral, so it may not be catastrophic failure issue
And that's not even a cab GL!

From what my dealer was telling me, it all depends upon the serial number. The dealer has a used 2018 MX on the lot they said they might be able to lend me while fixing my GL...just needed to check the serial number.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Thank you! This is what I was thinking but didn't know for sure. I'm ok with covering the brake pedal on my flat Texas ground as long as it's not going to damage the machine while I'm waiting on my dealer to get the parts.