B8200 hsd

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Looks good Dusty! Love the progress and this is my favorite thread to read everyday. Did you say your looking to make a new grill for it? I know you hate buying if you can make it but my grill is the plastic one which was only about $60 to replace it(If I remember correctly but might of been the metal one I priced out). Might not be worth the hassle and you can use the time on other areas. Keep up the good work.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Was that from Kubota Ds. And thanks for the kind words. For that matter thankyou to all who comment and give me the courage to keep plugging along.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Looking good Dusty and you should be done soon by the looks of progress. Just remember to keep the weld splatter on the outside of the helmet :D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Will do Ds , I am still working on the hood. I used a mini mig for welding the body panels and I don't like the mig.( no gas ). Now I am doing the bondo and don't like that much better. BOY I bitch a lot.:eek::D Dusty

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
Gee this all looks familiar. Last year at this same time I was looking at the same orange scenery. :) Same tractor, same problem areas.

I paid $55 for the plastic grill surround for mine, If I'd known it came in metal I would have paid more to go that way.

i don't know if you're getting stickers for the hood but if you are, they offered different part numbers for the left and right when i did mine. It seems the different part numbers are actually for different years and I was shipped stickers with different type styles (ended up with three different ones) I picked the one I liked the best and ordered another of the same part#. It fits the same on either side so ignore the different #s for left and right.

I love the smell of Bondo in the morning...

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Since I don't have any pictures of the tin before I painted it I'll wait till I have it back together before posting pictures. Funny seeing your pictures Dusty because where you had rust I had it in the same spots. Mine wasn't as bad though, I didn't have the rot that needed to be rebuilt like yours. I went way over on my budget for this project and wasn't able to get any Bondo. It's to bad because there is one spot on the corner of the hood that really required it. Like you I'm not a painter or a body man but so far it looks way better then before. You'll have to take my word on it! WOW I like your pictures Scott.:D

Dion

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Dion,
No worries about getting pic's on the site. We do razz people about posting pictures but it's all in good fun.

Glad you like those pictures, there good training referances :D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Had to take one of the dogs to the vet. Ended up getting nothing done on the tractor. Did discover hood needs another coat of paint. Vet again in the morning then back to working on the tractor.:D Dusty