B3350 dpf issues

Sms55

Equipment
B3350
Nov 4, 2021
Ohio
Bingo, Bumper.

Experience has taught me that the reformer based DPF system used by Kubota only on the B3350 and TOL ZTR mowers with the same engine cannot be made reliable for use by most owners of small compact tractors.

Of course, this is why Kubota has replaced this engine with a common rail injected (no reformer) engine similar to engines used reliably in all other Kubota DPF equipped products.

I do not expect such regen problems with the new LX 3310 and other Kubota machines using this common rail design.

I do expect continuing regen issues (becomming more frequent and much more expensive as the EPA mandated 5 year emissions warranty expires) as B3350s and other machines using the reformer based DPF system age.

Shame on Kubota.

SDT
Will Kubota's lifetime regen warranty cover these future issues?

RednekPatriot

Equipment
Kubota B3350
Feb 6, 2022
Veedersburg IN 47987
I bought a 2014 B3350 2 years ago. Of course it went down. The DPF went bad. With326 hours on it I found out the DPF had already been replaced twice. Averaging 100 hours. I was then told Kubota would warranty the DPF until 2099. A real pain having to put it in the shop every 100 hours. Looking for alternatives now.