B8200 hsd

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Dusty, you kill me! That loader keeper upper thing reminds me of the people using a broom stick to keep the trunk open. Good lord I hope you don't bump that thing!
He's smarter than that. Notice the notches cut in the pipe. I doubt it would be able to kick out. Dusty If I were you Id have a small fan on back of that stove. I bet it would be real cozy there then.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Cabs on, blowers on, blade is on, but I still have not boxed the blade. Had it out doing snow for about 5 min. It works OK. Couple of pics.:D:D Dusty
Oh Dear there's a deer looking at you over by the building! :eek: Great looking tractor.Your all set.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
The deer is ticked because he is fastened to the shed so he can't run away. I put the fan up a few days ago. Cheap fans usually only last a year because of all the grinding and such. But ya it is pretty cozy in the shop. The cab? Probably one of the best things I have made. The only thing is, I put the sliding window on the wrong side. I have to back through Tim Hortons.:D Dusty

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Great job Dusty. It is amazing to me seeing you guys up North of us already fighting snow and cold weather and it made it into the 70's here today. You ought to hear people around here complain when temps dip into the 30's or even 20's with a 20 mph wind. My hat is off to you folks. All I can say is "stay warm".

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
'Morning Dusty. Did you think to measure your drawbar? No rush. We are in Ottawa this week visiting our son & family - drove up yesterday in 12 hrs. Heading home to NB next Wed. or Thur. so I can get back to the old Kubota. Ya never know, a fella might have to drag Santa around the neighbourhood. I have much the same stuff to do to mine - oil looks like tar. Trans./hydraulic fluid looks OK. Once I figure out the photo posting thing I'll post some of the fix the PO came up with for the loose rear hubs. In theory it should work but didn't take out all the looseness - I've got it figured out how to improve it & do the other side. Can you get the right colour orange paint from Canadian Tire? I bought some of the spray cans for plastic lawn furniture & it was a perfect match for my Husquavarna lawn tractor, Pumpkin I think it was? Dried in no time just like Lacquer. Not super glossy but much better than rust.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Piker. Does your tractor have the hex hubs. I bought new ones for my B7200 at around $100 each. I have a draw bar but have no clue where it is. I will measure the distance that my tph will spread but am sure it will go farther than 26 inches. Have a good visit with your family.:cool: Dusty

Piker

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Yes, hubs are hexagon to match the axle. Previous owner cut (2) long barrel nuts in half & welded each half on either side of the split (across the split) in the hub (after drilling the threads out of one of the halves). Same on the split, 180 deg. across the hub. He then inserted a bolt through the drilled out half & into the threaded half & same on other sdie. Tightening the bolts squeezes the hub together around the axle. However, he didn't leave enough gap between the barrel nut halves when he welded them to the hub & as a result it can't be squeezed tight enough. Going to cut/grind a larger gap between the nut halves so it will squeeze tighter. If it works, I'll do the other side. It's still a virgin & hasn't been messed with. Should I get the orange p[aint from the dealer or will Canadian Tire have something? Sprayed my Husquavarna lawn tractor with "Pumpkin" orange - stuff was meant to paint outdoor plastic (wood, metal) lawn furniture. Not a high gloss but tough paint & dried as fast as lacquer.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Piker. Umm I'll give the barrell nuts & the bolt And the clampin thing an OK? But I wanna see pics of this.:D I used plasti-coat T-31 to paint the B8200. It is a close match for the new Kubota but to tell you the truth, it probably would have been as cheap to buy a litre of real kubota orange. If you are any good with a spray gun that is. I took a couple a pics of my tph. Ya know I just took a look back through this thread to see who had explained the tph arms and realized that we have been cross threaded.:eek: Anyway , the arms are a little over 25 in long with just that little bend at the ends. My tph arms are sitting at 23 in to the outside and will go to about 28-29 inches.:D Dusty

Attachments

Piker

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
'Morning Dusty. Yes, a pic is worth a thousand words, trying to explain the modified hubs on the Kubota. I'll beat the photo thing into submission when I get home. I notice on the photo of your hitch that the check chains/turnbuckle are on the outside of the arms & attach to brackets. On mine they are on the inside of the arms (on the tabs just inside of where yours are attached) & those loops you are using are holding spare lynch pins on mine. Thanks for measuring your hitch. I have a spare drawbar & it should work after I get the bends correct on my arms. I spray lacquer on furniture/cabinets that I build in my shop, so I guess I might as well get the real Kubota paint.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya those arms were off of the b7200. So far those pin holders have been working well, but I may have to weld something heavier there. You will be happy with the kubota paint.:D Dusty