Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tires & Wheels

Tires & Wheels Discuss everything related to ag, turf or industrial tires, wheels, rims, ballast and chains right here.

Old 11-06-2019   #11
Hue
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
Default Re: Canadian Supplier of tire chains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
Don't think studs will cut it. I am all gravel all of the time with 10 driveways to do. The longest is mile through the bush and up a twisty hill that rises 80 feet within about 400 feet. I have done that one with my TEA-20 Ferguson with chains and a 6' 3 PTH V-Type snowblower for the last 10 years. Without chains I would be still sitting there spinning.

Fair enough, I haven't tried snowblowing any hills like that. I have a 1000ft gravel driveway, but it's fairly flat. Good luck on the chain hunt.
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
Tommieboy
1st Yr. Apprentice

There is Walco Equipment in Elmira (near Guelph), they sell Trygg and Twinway-Six but they are not cheap. The cheaper of the 2, Twinway-Six go for around $900.

I've also been looking for used for my L4060 industrials and they're very hard to find.
Tommieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommieboy View Post
There is Walco Equipment in Elmira (near Guelph), they sell Trygg and Twinway-Six but they are not cheap. The cheaper of the 2, Twinway-Six go for around $900.

I've also been looking for used for my L4060 industrials and they're very hard to find.

I won't be paying $900 for chains. I found a supplier in BC that has a set for $503 but still working on a set of used. I found a set of 16.9 x 30 that are 12' 6" long and 23" wide. They are a bit wide and should work and I will be able to get my chains out of one of them. I will then sell the other chain and see if I can re-coup some costs. Lots of Botas' around here so we will see.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
Tommieboy
1st Yr. Apprentice

[QUOTE=Hodgy;361804]I won't be paying $900 for chains. I found a supplier in BC that has a set for $503 but still working on a set of used. I found a set of 16.9 x 30 that are 12' 6" long and 23" wide. They are a bit wide and should work and I will be able to get my chains out of one of them. I will then sell the other chain and see if I can re-coup some costs. Lots of Botas' around here so we will see.

What's the name of the BC supplier?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

[QUOTE=Tommieboy;361809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
I won't be paying $900 for chains. I found a supplier in BC that has a set for $503 but still working on a set of used. I found a set of 16.9 x 30 that are 12' 6" long and 23" wide. They are a bit wide and should work and I will be able to get my chains out of one of them. I will then sell the other chain and see if I can re-coup some costs. Lots of Botas' around here so we will see.

What's the name of the BC supplier?

Canadian Chains in Langley BC, they provide free shipping.
info@canadianchains.ca

https://www.canadianchains.ca/DuoGri...ains_p_19.html

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16
Tommieboy
1st Yr. Apprentice

[QUOTE=Hodgy;361811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommieboy View Post

Canadian Chains in Langley BC, they provide free shipping.
info@canadianchains.ca

https://www.canadianchains.ca/DuoGri...ains_p_19.html

Thanks. That same chain (Duogrip) is $658 for my tire size and the studded version is $900. I saw that website when doing my research, for a non studded chain it's probably one of the better prices around.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #17
OlFerguson
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M100X, 1120D

In Alberta theres a few places you could likely go for what you need. Greggs distributors is one. Another one is Fort garry Industries. I was going to suggest orange aftermarket but if my memory serves correct they don't carry that kinda stuff.
OlFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #18
NoJacketRequired
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2771 blower, B2410 c/w B2550 blower

I'm hoping to find a set of rear wheel chains for my B7510 on R1 Ag tires.
Tire size is 9.5-16.

I'm throwing this out here in case somebody has a set of chains they don't need... Likewise, a Canadian source would be terrific!
NoJacketRequired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #19
Tim Horton
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: "PEPE" RTV400

https://www.canadianchains.ca/Tire-C...hoCBhsQAvD_BwE

>>>>>>>>>
This is an outfit in lower BC.
I got a set of 2 link, V bar, ladder chains for my 36" turfs. Called them with tire numbers for non road service turfs.

They said piece of cake.. Got the chains and they fit good enough.

Only problem was they made them up one cross link short. They used 20 cross links instead of 21. The missing link created a gap that rode like a bucking horse. I had to snarl a little at them to get the extra cross links as they wanted to tell me they were the experts and all was fine. They did send the cross links. Easy enough to install and the chains fit and ride better.

My 5 cents of experience...
Tim Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

I found a set of used chains off 16.9 x 30 tires that have a diamond pattern. They measure 12' 6" long and 23" wide. I am installing rear wheel spacers this week and will do a dry fit after that.

I think I can get a set out of one of the chains and then sell the other to someone who wants to do the same.

I have some photos of them but for some reason the site will not let me load them.