Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tires & Wheels

Tires & Wheels Discuss everything related to ag, turf or industrial tires, wheels, rims, ballast and chains right here.

Old 11-04-2019   #1
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Default Canadian Supplier of tire chains.

To the Canucks on here. I have a new to me, 06' B7800 with 12.4 - 16 R4's on the rear. They are completely useless in the snow. which I always knew they would be.

Looking for tire chains and the prices are all over the map. Does anyone know of a good (and cheap) supplier in Canada.

Advertisement
Old 11-04-2019   #2
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23-S
Default Re: Canadian Supplier of tire chains.

Maybe not cheap..reasonable... Princess Auto carry them now...might have a set that fits....
GreensvilleJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019   #3
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreensvilleJay View Post
Maybe not cheap..reasonable... Princess Auto carry them now...might have a set that fits....
PA is one of my favourite stores, I did look there and they only carry small sizes. Some of the truck one have the height but not the width.

Thanks, Hodgy
Old 11-04-2019   #4
GreensvilleJay
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23-S

dang, thought it'd be worth a shot.... I figure I could have bought 6 or 7 BX23S from the PA 'donations'....
They USED to have Willys parts too !
GreensvilleJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019   #5
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreensvilleJay View Post
dang, thought it'd be worth a shot.... I figure I could have bought 6 or 7 BX23S from the PA 'donations'....
They USED to have Willys parts too !

Yup, I am originally from Winnipeg where PA was born. They used to have a couple of quonset buildings on Panet Road with all of that war surplus stuff in there. I think the jeeps' were $995.00. They were the ones built but not shipped overseas.

Old 11-05-2019   #6
Rosseau
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota BX 23s

Did you try canadianchains.ca ? Was looking for my new BX23S and they seem to have a large selection, and not heart-stopping expensive like some places. They have studs as well, as I am not sure the new BX80s have much room under the right rear with the loader valve there.
Rosseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019   #7
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosseau View Post
Did you try canadianchains.ca ? Was looking for my new BX23S and they seem to have a large selection, and not heart-stopping expensive like some places. They have studs as well, as I am not sure the new BX80s have much room under the right rear with the loader valve there.

Thanks they have the correct size, $503 CAD. Think I will look around locally for a bit. I have a line on some used ones off a Mahindra, he will send measurements to me tonight.

Old 11-05-2019   #8
Hue
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower

Have you considered studding your tires? You can get 100 for $90 on amazon. I got 200, 2 studs per lug on the back and 1 stud per lug on the front (every 3 of 4 lugs). I've never had an issue with traction, even on shear ice with a dusting of snow on top. I keep them on all year. But be warned, they can mark up concrete/asphalt, especially when turning.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
Hodgy
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hue View Post
Have you considered studding your tires? You can get 100 for $90 on amazon. I got 200, 2 studs per lug on the back and 1 stud per lug on the front (every 3 of 4 lugs). I've never had an issue with traction, even on shear ice with a dusting of snow on top. I keep them on all year. But be warned, they can mark up concrete/asphalt, especially when turning.

Don't think studs will cut it. I am all gravel all of the time with 10 driveways to do. The longest is mile through the bush and up a twisty hill that rises 80 feet within about 400 feet. I have done that one with my TEA-20 Ferguson with chains and a 6' 3 PTH V-Type snowblower for the last 10 years. Without chains I would be still sitting there spinning.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
vic gerbasi
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M110 L3300

i will go out and measure the set that i have and will let you know I was given them by my friend that moved to aussieland they have never been used.. if they will fit ur unit we can work out a small price plus shipping from Winnipeg
vic gerbasi is offline   Reply With Quote