Aging Beef

Samadentul

Sep 4, 2021
australia
Wow! In your photo, it looks completely different from how I imagined it. For some reason, I thought that the stages of the aging of meat look different. I found your post now, and I see that you haven't updated the post for a long time. What was your taste test like? Did you manage to do everything as you planned? It looked promising. I know that everyone tells me, "You can purchase beef online," but I would like to do it myself sometimes. It is exciting and informative. Moreover, I would like to do this regularly and cook dried meat to take it on the road.

Last edited:

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
So did you brine the meat first, or dry rub it in salt? Way back when the mines shut down I was working at a slaughterhouse, custom butchering things like that. They would take a whole steer and hang it in the locker for 2 to 3 weeks at around 34f as I recall, and when the mold got heavy they would wash it off with a vinegar solution dry it and let it hang longer. That meat went to the best places in Da Burgh, places I could never afford to eat. But they claimed it was the best tasting. tenderest meat one could get. It will be interesting to see how your comes out
My food for thought... DO NOT SSLT BRINE OR SALT RUB BEEF IF IT IS FRESH... I gave my brother some fresh prime rib and his wife salted it omg I like salt but I couldn't eat it. Beef dosnt react like pork. But that's my 2 cents take with a grain of salt pun intended....