bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
They look good!! :D
PM sent.
Thanks for the compliment, Orange1forme. I think you should have a PM in your inbox from me. If not, could you send me an email? Thanks. You have dibs on the other set. (two left) Regards, David

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
I just put a piece of thin plywood in front of the rad that covers 3/4 of the rad leaving the hydro cooler uncovered and have no trouble snow blowing at -30c. Engine temp normal and regen was normal.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I just put a piece of thin plywood in front of the rad that covers 3/4 of the rad leaving the hydro cooler uncovered and have no trouble snow blowing at -30c. Engine temp normal and regen was normal.

Glad that works for you on your Kubota L3901, Fido Farms. Apparently your larger tractor generates a lot more heat. On my B2650 I couldn't get the heat gauge to register anything at those same temps even with the radiator blocked off as stated earlier in this thread. Thus, the reason for the rest of the removeable grill and side skirts. I feel better operating the B2650 within the temperature range its supposed to be in. And they keep the hydraulic oil warm and the fuel in the tank from gelling to boot. Thanks for looking.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Nice job, thanks for sharing! I enjoyed the pics of the Singer 201 as well, they are great sewing machines, built like a tank.

Jerry

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nice job, thanks for sharing! I enjoyed the pics of the Singer 201 as well, they are great sewing machines, built like a tank.

Jerry
Thanks, Jerry! Yes, the Singer 201's are a simple but great little workhorse of a machine. Perfect for doing tasks like this. That little attachment I made to go on top of the normal spool post sure worked well to help guide and take the thread off the industrial sized thread spool. Thanks for looking!!
Regards,
David

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
David,

That’s pretty clever! I didn’t notice it at first. I’m going to have to try that, I’ve never used the bigger spools before. You never know what you’re going to learn on this forum!

Jerry

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
David,

That***8217;s pretty clever! I didn***8217;t notice it at first. I***8217;m going to have to try that, I***8217;ve never used the bigger spools before. You never know what you***8217;re going to learn on this forum!

Jerry
Jerry, here's some more pics of that for you. Maybe someone else might like the idea and use it for themselves, too. The stand was made with a metal bottom (for weight) and a plastic (Delrin) rod screwed to it for the industrial spool to slip over and stay in place. The springsteel rod has a twist in the upper end to keep the thread coming off the spool vertically. It worked pretty well by itself but will still turn into a rat's nest once in a while until I added the other piece. This "other piece" was just a piece of round rod drilled in the center to slip over the normal spool holder on the machine. It has a small hole through itself near the top for the thread to pass through. It's a loose fit so it can swivel as it needs to do. Using a needle to first pass the thread through a scrap piece of vinyl and then through that added guide puts just a little tension on the line and has stopped the thread from jumping of the big spool and turning into a tangled mess. All used together, they seem to work pretty well. Here's some pics:
DSC05790.jpg

DSC05792.jpg

DSC05793.jpg

DSC05796.jpg
Now if there was only a way to load more thread into the bobbins or feed that bottom thread externally. :D

I should add that putting the bends in the "piano wire" rod is real easy. Just heat the area to be bent with a propane torch till it's red hot. (doesn't take long) Then using a pair of regular pliers or needle nose pliers bend or twist the wire to shape.
A little bit of sanding will smooth any scale off and you're good to go.

Last edited:

jdriver

Equipment
2650 hsdc
Dec 13, 2017
SE Minnesota
I hope I won't need these covers until next winter but I ordered and received them now. Dave was great to deal with and his grill covers are well made.
I had an issue a couple of weeks ago with snow and ice build up behind my grill and I could not open the hood because it was frozen shut. These covers will eliminate that problem as well as keeping engine temps. up when it is below zero.
Thanks again Dave for a great product and even better customer service.

Attachments

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I hope I won't need these covers until next winter but I ordered and received them now. Dave was great to deal with and his grill covers are well made.
I had an issue a couple of weeks ago with snow and ice build up behind my grill and I could not open the hood because it was frozen shut. These covers will eliminate that problem as well as keeping engine temps. up when it is below zero.
Thank you, jdriver! Glad those covers fit as nicely on the factory cabbed tractor. They should definitely take care of your snow/ice build up and freezing hood problems. And if you ever have issues with the covers please contact me. I'm following your lead on winter being over and today my home made cab and the snow blower was removed and parked until next winter. Fingers crossed!!:D

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I bought mine for the same reason!!!

I had the same experience with Dave and our transaction.

Due to family issues I have not been able to try them on my B2650 with factory cab. I will post an update when I try them here shortly. Winter is over for me as well, so they will be off until next snowblower season.

wijg

Equipment
B3350 Cab-FEL, MMM, Plow. RTV X1100C w/Plow. L2350
Jul 15, 2019
GAINESVILLE
I bought mine for the same reason!!!

I had the same experience with Dave and our transaction.

Due to family issues I have not been able to try them on my B2650 with factory cab. I will post an update when I try them here shortly. Winter is over for me as well, so they will be off until next snowblower season.
I recently ordered a set of grille covers from David and just received mine. They are made beautifully and fit perfectly. David has been a pleasure to work with and the purchase was risk free as he offers your money back if they don't work out.

I am looking forward to trying them out in the cold. That is the only time I have had DPF regen issues and I am hopeful that these grille covers will solve that. I'll post a follow-up after I have had time to use them in the cold weather.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sheet of corrugated cardboard is cheaper, what I use. Polish winterfront.:D

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Sheet of corrugated cardboard is cheaper, what I use. Polish winterfront.:D
Suggest you consider one step up from cardboard and get the plastic stuff at Walmart or other stationary stores.

It stand up much better to the rain and wet snow.

Even available in different colors

:)

Dave

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Suggest you consider one step up from cardboard and get the plastic stuff at Walmart or other stationary stores.

It stand up much better to the rain and wet snow.

Even available in different colors

:)

Dave
Good idea, I'll check that out. You are right, cardboard has a short service life in the snow.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
An old fitted sheet, corner of it, held in place with magnets and a rubber band over the mascot works well too. Keeps snow from front blower out of air filter and radiator. I'd like a snazzy grille cover but it will have to snow more than it did last year for me to decide the sheet is too hillbilly.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I'd like a snazzy grille cover but it will have to snow more than it did last year for me to decide the sheet is too hillbilly.

Okay, define “too hillbilly”.

I wasn’t aware that existed!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Too hillbilly,,, is that like, That bed sheet on the grill is just too redneck? :rolleyes: