Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tires & Wheels

Tires & Wheels Discuss everything related to ag, turf or industrial tires, wheels, rims, ballast and chains right here.

Old 10-02-2019   #51
Hue
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
Default Re: Advice on Plowing Snow with Chains or 4x4

Now with the L3560 running a front blower and R1's so far after 3 winters I don't have any problem going without chains or studs however never say never, I have studs in the garage if the need arises. Each tractor is different as is the driver so find what works for you. The rubber chains may be the cat's ass for someone with a smaller tractor that doesn't have to cover the distance I do.[/QUOTE]

Have you been getting the thaw-freeze cycles, like in New Brunswick, that end with driveways looking like ice rinks? Add a dusting of snow, and you might as well be walking on greased glass in rubber boots.
Hue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2019   #52
Tim Horton
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: "PEPE" RTV400
Default Re: Advice on Plowing Snow with Chains or 4x4

On two tractors, roughly the same size, I have run loaded turfs with V bar 2 link ladder chains on the rear only. I do use 4x4 all the time on gravel drive ways. On the very rare occasion I have been out on hard surface for a short distance I go slow and disengage the 4x4.

I also use home made tightners with springs, S hooks, and heavy dog tie out chain. My experience this is better than bungees. Trying to use the octopus type stretch tighteners was a waste. Got tired of the arms flinging off past my ears.

Every ones experience will be different.
Tim Horton is offline   Reply With Quote