Box Blade Recommendations

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BH77, Land Pride SGC0660
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME
I am in need of a box blade for my B2650 and I wanted to get some recommendations/information from the experianced people here before I purchased one. I plan to use it to level and shape the acre or so of land we just cleared. The ground is pretty tough and mostly clay. Also I plan to use it to maintain my 450ft gravel driveway and 1500ft road. Eventually this tractor may do some light duty work for others as well.

I figured a box blade would be my best bet and most versitile for all the things I want to do. I have looked and there are varying weights and sizes people are running with this size tractor from 48" to 66". I was thinking 60-66 inches would be good. Does anyone recommend a particular brand? I really liked the EA XTreme Duty Compact Tractor Box Blade but they are 4 weeks out where the Land Shark 2.1 Compact Box Blade by EA is in stock. At 60 inches the difference is 55lbs and $115. Is the weight and build of it worth the wait? I have also looked into the Land Pride ones as they can be easily sourced from the local dealer, but I haven't gotten a price from him yet. Would you recommend the the 12 or 15 series? Thanks.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I often recommend these. A 60" or 65" unit would be a good match. It's really nice to be able to engage and disengage the rippers with a single pull of a lever from the tractor seat.

These ROBB (roll over box blades) are typically built a little heavier than the std box blades that most people use.

Highly recommended. ;)

I should have added, that these can also be purchased in orange.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I really liked the EA XTreme Duty Compact Tractor Box Blade
This. I have one from EA and its a very nicely built unit. Four scarifiers that use pins (not clips) in 60" box blade is just right for the B2650. They also use a heavy duty 3 pt attachment (yoke style) instead of a single sided mount. I got mine in Kubota orange as well. :D

Their price was pretty decent considering free shipping if you're within their free shipping zone. It would be worth the wait.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
This. I have one from EA and its a very nicely built unit. Four scarifiers that use pins (not clips) in 60" box blade is just right for the B2650. They also use a heavy duty 3 pt attachment (yoke style) instead of a single sided mount. I got mine in Kubota orange as well. :D

Their price was pretty decent considering free shipping if you're within their free shipping zone. It would be worth the wait.
Ditto, except I'm cheap so mine's yellow ;)

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Here in the far north freight cost and availability is a big issue in implement buying.

When they went on sale at our local auto, farm store we bought a China made 5' box blade.

We got it out the door cheaper than I could get material and build one. I'm sure being what it is, and from where it came there are likely better options. Certainly more expensive options.

For what it does, it does all we expect of it and need it to do, and it does it all well.

Brand name and color out of the box are not important to us with this implement.

Every ones needs are different.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
For doing gravel weight is your friend. I made the mistake of buying aa cheap light weight box for my very first one. It would ride over rock instead of cutting in and move it. Would take 3x longer to do anything with it. Buy one good one and it will last a lifetime.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I only had a scraper blade for years, but last year bought my first box blade (can't remember from who, not near the tractor right now, but it's heavy duty and I'm real happy with it), and it for sure has it's place. BUT, I still find some tasks I like the scraper blade better for. If I could choose one, the box would win, but since I have both, I can be picky.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I went with the Land Pride BB1566 for my B2650

It's heavier than the 12 series, and the tines are set with a pin the size of a trailer hitch pin, not the squeeze'thingie that I felt could become difficult with time and dirt!

It's a little wider than my rear tires.

It pulls just fine behind my tractor.....love it!

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I went 'old skool' and used a subsoiler, then 3F plow, then disc/harrows with chains when I did a 2 acre parcel. The subsoiler brokeup the hardpan, allowed air/water to get down, 3F plow turned the soil fast and the disc/hrrow/chains levelled the garden.
1st day . subsoiler, N-S then E-W
2nd day. plow , N-S then E-W
3rd day,plow, N-S then E-W
4th day, D/H/C, N-S then E-W
5th day,admired a very level garden

The 'trick' is to allow time for Mother Nature to help . Sure you can do all the operations in a day,but the soil won't be near as nice.

The original farmer cross the road, dragged a bar and chains up and down his driveway, every Sunday, after chuch - before brunch, and it was ALWAYS flat,level and near perfect.

Jay

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BH77, Land Pride SGC0660
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME
Thanks everyone who provided advice. Luckily I jumped online today and saw that EA had the one I wanted suddenly in stock so I jumped on it and bought the 66" EA XTreme Duty Compact Tractor Box Blade. Should be getting it in about a week. Now just to get the hydraulic TnT.....

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
I went with the Land Pride BB1566 for my B2650

It's heavier than the 12 series, and the tines are set with a pin the size of a trailer hitch pin, not the squeeze'thingie that I felt could become difficult with time and dirt!

It's a little wider than my rear tires.

It pulls just fine behind my tractor.....love it!
What's the difference between the BB1266 & BB1566? I'm getting the 1266 with my tractor when its delivered. They threw this in as part of the cash purchase, together with rear blade & mower.

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
What's the difference between the BB1266 & BB1566? I'm getting the 1266 with my tractor when its delivered. They threw this in as part of the cash purchase, together with rear blade & mower.
Height of the moldboard, The 3pt hitch is different. HP ratings are different, 17-30 & 17-40.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
Can you tell me how this 'thrown in with the cash purchase' situation worked out? I'm in the midst of a purchase and this is the 2nd time I've seen someone mention getting implements for free. Did your dealer already have a somewhat high cash price on the tractor (I guess, where was the purchase price compared to Kubota's online price)? Did they offer this upfront, or did you have to spend time negotiating it?

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Anyone wanting a box blade for moderate use and wanting to spend as little as possible, I can recommend the CountyLine ones sold by tractor supply. The 72" one is just $799, and the build quality is comparable to most other brands. I have the 60" one and have used it extensively turning woods into yard. Some of the other CountyLine implements I wouldn't purchase personally, but the box blades are really great for the price. They have a lot of good reviews from others as well, and if you're like me, I drove 20 miles to the store and came right back with it, cause I happen to have a tractor supply close to me. Watch black friday coming up, they tend to discount a lot of this stuff to an unbeatable price point.

bota2650

Equipment
B2650 Cab; LP 4 foot cutter; Titan Pallet Forks; The Thumb Grapple
Oct 23, 2019
Henderson
Anyone wanting a box blade for moderate use and wanting to spend as little as possible, I can recommend the CountyLine ones sold by tractor supply. The 72" one is just $799, and the build quality is comparable to most other brands. I have the 60" one and have used it extensively turning woods into yard. Some of the other CountyLine implements I wouldn't purchase personally, but the box blades are really great for the price. They have a lot of good reviews from others as well, and if you're like me, I drove 20 miles to the store and came right back with it, cause I happen to have a tractor supply close to me. Watch black friday coming up, they tend to discount a lot of this stuff to an unbeatable price point.

Thanks for the Black Friday tip . . . I am thinking about a BB because wild hogs are tearing up my back 40.....

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I traded some hay for a 12 foot crane spreader bar made from an I-beam. I do not know how much it weights but is every thing the L2501 will pick up. I have used it with a chain to each end and spread apart at the attachment point on the tractor so it will keeps itself perpendicular to the direction of travel as apposed to a V chain which lets the bar pivot to easily. It will pull over the grass without tearing it up and it will level the hog damaged areas. That is if your back 40 is pasture or hay field.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Another thing to keep in mind is that the wider the box blade is, the easier it is to level a large area. However, the narrower it is, the better it will dig. If you are cutting down a large berm or cutting a road into a hillside, narrower cuts (digs) better. My neighbor has a 60" that is fine for leveling, but my 42" will cut far better in our hard pack dirt when cutting watercourses and such.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Regarding free implements. When I bought my BX there was a rebate when buying 2 implements. The tractor came from the factory with only the mower deck and loader valve. I purchased the FEL, the box blade was the 2nd implement so with the rebate it was basically free. I believe that's what your hearing about.

bota2650

Equipment
B2650 Cab; LP 4 foot cutter; Titan Pallet Forks; The Thumb Grapple
Oct 23, 2019
Henderson
I traded some hay for a 12 foot crane spreader bar made from an I-beam. I do not know how much it weights but is every thing the L2501 will pick up. I have used it with a chain to each end and spread apart at the attachment point on the tractor so it will keeps itself perpendicular to the direction of travel as apposed to a V chain which lets the bar pivot to easily. It will pull over the grass without tearing it up and it will level the hog damaged areas. That is if your back 40 is pasture or hay field.

Thanks for the tip . . . a neighbor told me about tires bolted together . . .good stuff.