Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing

Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing Looking at starting or growing your Kubota equipment collection? Unsure if you have found a good deal or not?

Old 1 Week Ago   #11
KennysNewFarm
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: MX5800
Default Re: So confused ;) L4701 vs. MX5800 vs. M5660

I do not have a back hoe for my MX5800 but I like the HP it offers, the size is just right and it turns on a dime. I wish I would have added remotes and loaded rear tires in the deal. Keep those in mind. Without loaded tires you will be in 4 wheel drive all the time. As far as a back hoe I would spend the 10k on a mini ex. Tractors are not bull dozers.
KennysNewFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
FarmFreshKS

Equipment: MX5800, ZD221

I went with the MX5800 for the lighter weight. My tractor spends a lot of time in the yard and pasture (read untilled dirt) and I didn't want the soil compaction of a heavier tractor. I haven't even had it a week yet, but so far I love it. Filled tires, but I need to figure out more ballast for loader work. I did some mowing in ditches the first weekend I had it, and I think I felt much more stable on the inclines than I would've in a bigger tractor.
FarmFreshKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #13
Jchonline
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota M62, grapple, backhoe, rear blade, forks

We have a M7060 (father on 100 acre farm). It is a big machine, and marketed as an entry Ag utility tractor. I would never put a BH on one of these machines. They are already pretty far off the ground and you would loose digging depth. They are designed for field work, but if you have a bunch of room to maneuver you might find a good use...I would just say no to a BH on them.

I think the right mix is the MX with a BH, but I do agree with Cathy...BHs on tractors are not designed for lots of stump digging. If I had say 30 stumps to pull I would rent a 20ton excavator and do it in a couple of hours. Now if I had one every few months...that is different. You can take your time and really dig out the dirt around the roots so you dont damage your backhoe.

MX is a great machine. If you dont need a cab it is a great size.
Jchonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #14
edritchey

3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B21 - M59 - MX5800

You hit the nail on the head brother - Good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchonline View Post
We have a M7060 (father on 100 acre farm). It is a big machine, and marketed as an entry Ag utility tractor. I would never put a BH on one of these machines. They are already pretty far off the ground and you would loose digging depth. They are designed for field work, but if you have a bunch of room to maneuver you might find a good use...I would just say no to a BH on them.

I think the right mix is the MX with a BH, but I do agree with Cathy...BHs on tractors are not designed for lots of stump digging. If I had say 30 stumps to pull I would rent a 20ton excavator and do it in a couple of hours. Now if I had one every few months...that is different. You can take your time and really dig out the dirt around the roots so you dont damage your backhoe.

MX is a great machine. If you dont need a cab it is a great size.
edritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #15
FarmFreshKS

Equipment: MX5800, ZD221

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmFreshKS View Post
I went with the MX5800 for the lighter weight. My tractor spends a lot of time in the yard and pasture (read untilled dirt) and I didn't want the soil compaction of a heavier tractor. I haven't even had it a week yet, but so far I love it. Filled tires, but I need to figure out more ballast for loader work. I did some mowing in ditches the first weekend I had it, and I think I felt much more stable on the inclines than I would've in a bigger tractor.
Oh yeah, and HST. I do a lot of mowing in tight spaces and loader work, so I really wanted HST.
FarmFreshKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #16
dlundblad
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2 G5200's, G6200, L2501

The only case Iíve seen for the L4701 is itís size. Big engine in a small machine.

If thatís not a big deal for you, id have to agree that heavier is better for your uses and the MX is the better buy.
dlundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Hours Ago   #17
Garrik

Ok, so slowly making progress in my thinking, but it is one step forward and two steps back

I am pretty much settled on an MX5800.

But then a local guy shows up with a lightly used M62 that he wants to get rid of. And I am thinking to myself that for many of my road maintenance and constructions type tasks, not to mention pulling stumps, that would be a great machine.

Any thoughts on the pluses and minuses of the bigger TLB?
Garrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Hours Ago   #18
edritchey

3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B21 - M59 - MX5800

I have a MX5800 with the BH92 backhoe attachment I also have a M59 TLB which is the pre emissions version as the M62 TLB there is no comparison between the MX5800 and the M59 for backhoe and loader work the TLB is a much stronger machine and heavier built.

I can tell you this any tractor with a backhoe attachment on it will not preform anywhere near as good as a equally sized TLB machine which was factory built to be a backhoe/loader from the ground up.

That said I love the versatility of my MX5800 it's one of the best brush cutting mowers I've ever operated. I've mowed a lot of acres over the years with different machines the only other machine I really liked was an old IH 544 Hydro - Yeah I miss that old girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrik View Post
Ok, so slowly making progress in my thinking, but it is one step forward and two steps back

I am pretty much settled on an MX5800.

But then a local guy shows up with a lightly used M62 that he wants to get rid of. And I am thinking to myself that for many of my road maintenance and constructions type tasks, not to mention pulling stumps, that would be a great machine.

Any thoughts on the pluses and minuses of the bigger TLB?
edritchey is offline   Reply With Quote