Custom ROPS lights installed

CanadianJay

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 31, 2018
Cobourg
Ages ago I bought some 24" curved LED light bars off Amazon with 4 spots.

I wanted to make a bracket that attached to the existing holes in the rops and didnt obstruct using the backhoe.

So i drew it out and a friend cad, cnc plasma cut and welded it for me.
It uses a piece of 1x3 rectangle tube across the top cut at 37 5/8" and the sides are .125 aluminum as well.

Etch primered the bracket plus kubota grey and enamel clear coat.

Whole setup draws under 20 amps and uses 4 relays plus one relay switched to the 10 amp fuse red/yellow wire in the fuse box to power up the relay solenoids and illuminated switches.

4 latching switches control the 6 lights.
So now plowing snow or the fall mows can carry on past twilight. I mow in reverse as well so the rear lights will come in handy.

183King

Equipment
Bx1500 w/ FEL, MMM and PTO Bagger
Jan 5, 2016
MA, USA
Hey Jay any chance of posting more pics of your switches and wiring job? I am also going to be putting lights in did what model tractor is this and did you upgrade the alternator?

Looks awesome

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
If you drilled holes in the ROPS, you may have lowered it's trade-in value. Dealer would need to replace the ROPS.

I used extruded aluminum with double sided tape and cork to protect painted surfaces.
Electrical is a 10 circuit fuse block from NAPA. Using 5 circuits, other side spare fuses, mounted in waterproof box and 2 95 pull magnets from Harbor Freight.

Attachments

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
If you drilled holes in the ROPS, you may have lowered it's trade-in value. Dealer would need to replace the ROPS.

I used extruded aluminum with double sided tape and cork to protect painted surfaces.
Electrical is a 10 circuit fuse block from NAPA. Using 5 circuits, other side spare fuses, mounted in waterproof box and 2 95 pull magnets from Harbor Freight.
he said he used existing holes.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
You're right, spent too much time studying the photo. Found the ROPS folding point and thought holes were drilled. Have 2 Kubotas without additional holes in ROPS.

CanadianJay did a nice light mod.