New Way Forward act

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
How do folks who are voted into office to represent those who voted for them come up with this kind of crap?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good question. I believe politicians loose sight of what their constitutients want and dwell on what THEY want instead.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Sad that it is true, most brain dead plan I have heard of. Guess we don’t need laws anymore.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
You probably voted for Odumbo as well.:D I got as far into the read as the list of co-sponsors and vomited.
As a matter of fact I did. Your derogatory inference of lack of intellect on Obama's part is laughable irony given the lack of mental facilities of the current WH despot, as evidenced by the rate he can read, sometimes incorrectly at that, from a teleprompter is about what would be expected from a third grader, the lack of only being able to produce vaguely intelligible ranting posts on Twitter, and speeches at ego stroking rallies that sound like the deranged ramblings of a mental patient, only not quite as eloquent.
THOSE make me want to vomit.

As for Carlson and Faux News, I prefer actual facts instead of "alternate" facts.
Those are in critically short supply over there. Their theory is that if you tell a lie often enough some people will believe it as fact. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a lie.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
....As for Carlson and Faux News, I prefer actual facts instead of "alternate" facts.
Those are in critically short supply over there. Their theory is that if you tell a lie often enough some people will believe it as fact. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a lie.
Well I know for sure that one outlet in the country has been so bad with it's reporting that it is now known as FAKE NEWS. It has created fake stories, changed stories so they in essence become FAKE NEWS, or simply do not report actual news which in it'self is another form of FAKE NEWS.

It is OK their ratings are the lowest they have ever been. You actually have to combine several of the liberal outlets viewership numbers to start to reach where Fox is at the top (look it up).

I have been around a long time.

We have been getting screwed on trade by China for the last 40 years. I am glad to see that is finally being addressed. I have heard EVERY pol talk about it, not one ever did anything about it. It actually took a non-politician.

We started losing manufacturing jobs the first quarter after NAFTA was signed. I am glad to see that getting addressed.

I already know what bathroom to use.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:...Their theory is that if you tell a lie often enough some people will believe it as fact. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a lie.

if you say '4 + 5 =10' to a crowd for 1/2 hr, getting them to chant it too, then pause for 5 minutes, then ask , 'quck, what's 4 + 5 ?' Some WILL say 10

the 'lie' become the new 'truth'.....
at least for some !

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
re:...Their theory is that if you tell a lie often enough some people will believe it as fact. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a lie.

if you say '4 + 5 =10' to a crowd for 1/2 hr, getting them to chant it too, then pause for 5 minutes, then ask , 'quck, what's 4 + 5 ?' Some WILL say 10

the 'lie' become the new 'truth'.....
at least for some !
I totally agree.

Like Russia Collusion

It is actually being referred to as a clinical syndrome now. Unfortunately I think time is going to be the only cure. about 5 years should do it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well I know for sure that one outlet in the country has been so bad with it's reporting that it is now known as FAKE NEWS. It has created fake stories, changed stories so they in essence become FAKE NEWS, or simply do not report actual news which in it'self is another form of FAKE NEWS.

It is OK their ratings are the lowest they have ever been. You actually have to combine several of the liberal outlets viewership numbers to start to reach where Fox is at the top (look it up).

I have been around a long time.

We have been getting screwed on trade by China for the last 40 years. I am glad to see that is finally being addressed. I have heard EVERY pol talk about it, not one ever did anything about it. It actually took a non-politician.

We started losing manufacturing jobs the first quarter after NAFTA was signed. I am glad to see that getting addressed.

I already know what bathroom to use.
I wonder if 'Mayor Pete' knows which one? I doubt it..........:eek:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Carlson is full of crap as usual.

Read the bill for yourself here: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr5383/text

I failed to find any provisions that do what he says.
are you a lawyer or poly sci major? Myself am not. Just curious..... takes a keen knowledgeable eye and understanding of other laws... to see the how interactions between this act and other acts will change things.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Carlson pointed out the law seeks to eliminate the automatic elimination of anyone engaged in criminal activity. The NWF Act seeks to eliminate the following clauses in our current immigration law... It's not what is in the proposed bill but what that bill removes from our current immigration law that fully supports Carlson's assertions. The following would be removed.

(A) Conviction of certain crimes
(i) In general Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of—
(I) a crime involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense) or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such a crime, or
(II) a violation of (or a conspiracy or attempt to violate) any law or regulation of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to a controlled substance (as defined in section 802 of title 21),
***8193;is inadmissible.
(ii) Exception Clause (i)(I) shall not apply to an alien who committed only one crime if—
(I) the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age, and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States, or
(II) the maximum penalty possible for the crime of which the alien was convicted (or which the alien admits having committed or of which the acts that the alien admits having committed constituted the essential elements) did not exceed imprisonment for one year and, if the alien was convicted of such crime, the alien was not sentenced to a term of imprisonment in excess of 6 months (regardless of the extent to which the sentence was ultimately executed).

It further strike down the following paragraphs...

(A) General crimes
(i) Crimes of moral turpitude. Any alien who—
(I) is convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude committed within five years (or 10 years in the case of an alien provided lawful permanent resident status under section 1255(j) of this title) after the date of admission, and
(II) is convicted of a crime for which a sentence of one year or longer may be imposed,

This effect would essentially allow people who are convicted criminals to enter our country, which is one point Carlson made clear. The further redefinition of what constitutes a "felony" would greatly diminish felony classification of immigrants.

The NWF Act further removes the ability of ICE to remove illegals by deleting this critical paragraph...

(b) Removal of aliens who are not permanent residents
(1) The Attorney General may, in the case of an alien described in paragraph (2), determine the deportability of such alien under section 1227(a)(2)(A)(iii) of this title (relating to conviction of an aggravated felony) and issue an order of removal pursuant to the procedures set forth in this subsection or section 1229a of this title.
(2) An alien is described in this paragraph if the alien—
(A) was not lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time at which proceedings under this section commenced; or
(B) had permanent resident status on a conditional basis (as described in section 1186a of this title) at the time that proceedings under this section commenced.

The NWF Act further prohibits any immigrant warrant information from being added to our national and state law enforcement databases, thereby removing any trace that an individual is in violation of any aspect of immigration policy. Essentially, hiding their illegal activity to employers or anyone seeking to verify who someone is.

Carlson also said that the US taxpayer would be responsible for flying prior illegals back to the US should this law take effect. Here is what the NWF says...

(d)

Transportation

The Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide transportation for aliens eligible for reopening or reconsideration of their proceedings under this section, at Government expense, to return to the United States for further immigration proceedings and shall admit or parole the alien into the United States.

Essentially, Carlson was correct in that ANYONE who had been denied provisional citizenship prior to the NWF Acts passage would be able to re-apply and have their cases heard again, which would completely overload the immigration system which is already overloaded.

It's all there if you simply take the time to read it yourself.