Got an issue looming that could change your life...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
side note of a bit of relevance...

god, mother nature, combination of both? controls overpopulation in several ways.

Famine
Disease
War
Natural Disasters
I think mother nature has been trying for years to control overpopulation however she's up against some very smart humans that so far have found an answer for almost every thing she has thrown at us. Look at the animal world let's say coyotes, when their population gets out of control they get mange same as rabbits, I believe it's something like a 7 year cycle and then very few survive. So far with humans the medical world has been able to keep up but for how much longer? Even the new suv I just bought has warning sensors for almost any mistake one could make but one day I believe short of living in a bubble mother nature will win and if the earth is to survive it will have to or humans are in deep dodo. Again just my humble opinion, rant over, as you were.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
latest news update AFTER the 15 minute shpeel on Koby....., 2nd case ( wife, well..duh....) AND 2-3 dozen 'potentials'....
still NOT A PROBLEM in Canada, eh !!!

I heard there's 5 in the USA this morning....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
latest news update AFTER the 15 minute shpeel on Koby....., 2nd case ( wife, well..duh....) AND 2-3 dozen 'potentials'....
still NOT A PROBLEM in Canada, eh !!!

I heard there's 5 in the USA this morning....
Considering there are a couple in Metro Detroit, could be soon. Windsor is just across the river....Eh?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I think mother nature has been trying for years to control overpopulation however she's up against some very smart humans that so far have found an answer for almost every thing she has thrown at us. Look at the animal world let's say coyotes, when their population gets out of control they get mange same as rabbits, I believe it's something like a 7 year cycle and then very few survive. So far with humans the medical world has been able to keep up but for how much longer? Even the new suv I just bought has warning sensors for almost any mistake one could make but one day I believe short of living in a bubble mother nature will win and if the earth is to survive it will have to or humans are in deep dodo. Again just my humble opinion, rant over, as you were.
I agree with that premise 100% Maybe this will bust that bubble. I kind of thought Ebola would but it didn't.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Since we are going into the doomsday direction with the discussion Ill add what I think is the real concern. Its not this newest virus. We have had similar new viruses from china like this before. The common flu will infect far more people than this virus out of china will, and will kill more american lives for sure. Viruses aren't new.

The real danger however is the over use of antibiotics. My wife is an RN as Ive mentioned before, and she recently attended a course where this issue was covered, so doctors are starting to really pay attention to it now. Still however many doctors are way over prescribing antibiotics, and many patients will often demand one if they are feeling sick - even when the likelihood is that the infection is viral and not bacterial. Many people really have no understanding of antibiotics. They only work on bacterial infections, NOT viral infections. If you have a viral infection and take antibiotics it will do nothing but kill good bacteria in your gut, potentially weakening your own immune system a little. The problem though is that bacteria grow resistant to antibiotics very quickly, so the more we use them, the more we have to keep developing new ones, and we are starting to run out at this point. Already in places like India they have reverted to using some old, harsh, antibiotics form the 1960's - antibiotics that are harsh on the body and had been put out of use because of the complications caused in patients. They are pulling them off the shelf now because they are running into "super bugs" that will respond to nothing else. They have built up immunity to every antibiotic.

The danger in this of course, and one that many health officials have been trying to sound the alarm on, is that once some of these nasty bacteria gain the upper hand, we could return to a time where thousands of people die in droves to waves of bacterial infections, like used to happen before the discovery of penicillin.

I see it all the time in people in my own circle. they get a little cold, and I hear them say "Yea Im going to the doctor tomorrow, to hopefully get some antibiotics and get rid of this" and the doctor of course hands it out. It could be bacterial and it could be viral, so the doctor has some ground to prescribe it, but this is the problem. So people are taking antibiotics constantly for issues that it does NOTHING for, except assist any bacteria in their system from gaining immunity to it. People also fail to realize that antibiotics kill GOOD bacteria as well as bad that are in the digestive tract. They assist with the breaking down and digestion of food. They also help combat many bad bacteria that enter the bowel system. When you kill them off, enough so that the bad bacteria starts to win the war so to speak, you weaken your immune system and can actually open yourself up to things such as bacterial colitis. Antibiotics should ONLY really betaken in cases where a known bacterial infection has occurred. Dentists also will often now prescribe antibiotics after pulling a tooth - just as a precautionary measure to help prevent infection. A good thing right? Well maybe and maybe not...It will come to a reckoning one day Im afraid.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not sure about the 'doomsday part', but I agree that people are over medicated and something I'm totally against. Guy across the road is a walking medicine cabinet. I cannot see that., Never have. I don't take squat, eat a bowl of oatmeal daily, that is about it.

I know when I go in for my continuing tests (from cancer) the nurses always ask me what meds I take and I tell them nothing and they look at me kind of strange.

BTW, who is Kobe and Gigi? All over the news feeds. Never heard of them.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
kobe was some black basketball player, I assume gigi is his daughter, killed in chopper crash(probably flying too low...). Choppers aren't too 'safe' at low altitudes.After I got my pilots permit in 71, I canned the idea of choppers..GREAT money, short lifespan.

what amazes me is the HUGE oxycontincandy market ! drs. freely prescibe hard core drugs like candy, well, duh, no wonder there's a 'drug' problem....

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Since we are going into the doomsday direction with the discussion Ill add what I think is the real concern. Its not this newest virus. We have had similar new viruses from china like this before. The common flu will infect far more people than this virus out of china will, and will kill more american lives for sure. Viruses aren't new.

The real danger however is the over use of antibiotics. My wife is an RN as Ive mentioned before, and she recently attended a course where this issue was covered, so doctors are starting to really pay attention to it now. Still however many doctors are way over prescribing antibiotics, and many patients will often demand one if they are feeling sick - even when the likelihood is that the infection is viral and not bacterial. Many people really have no understanding of antibiotics. They only work on bacterial infections, NOT viral infections. If you have a viral infection and take antibiotics it will do nothing but kill good bacteria in your gut, potentially weakening your own immune system a little. The problem though is that bacteria grow resistant to antibiotics very quickly, so the more we use them, the more we have to keep developing new ones, and we are starting to run out at this point. Already in places like India they have reverted to using some old, harsh, antibiotics form the 1960's - antibiotics that are harsh on the body and had been put out of use because of the complications caused in patients. They are pulling them off the shelf now because they are running into "super bugs" that will respond to nothing else. They have built up immunity to every antibiotic.

The danger in this of course, and one that many health officials have been trying to sound the alarm on, is that once some of these nasty bacteria gain the upper hand, we could return to a time where thousands of people die in droves to waves of bacterial infections, like used to happen before the discovery of penicillin.

I see it all the time in people in my own circle. they get a little cold, and I hear them say "Yea Im going to the doctor tomorrow, to hopefully get some antibiotics and get rid of this" and the doctor of course hands it out. It could be bacterial and it could be viral, so the doctor has some ground to prescribe it, but this is the problem. So people are taking antibiotics constantly for issues that it does NOTHING for, except assist any bacteria in their system from gaining immunity to it. People also fail to realize that antibiotics kill GOOD bacteria as well as bad that are in the digestive tract. They assist with the breaking down and digestion of food. They also help combat many bad bacteria that enter the bowel system. When you kill them off, enough so that the bad bacteria starts to win the war so to speak, you weaken your immune system and can actually open yourself up to things such as bacterial colitis. Antibiotics should ONLY really betaken in cases where a known bacterial infection has occurred. Dentists also will often now prescribe antibiotics after pulling a tooth - just as a precautionary measure to help prevent infection. A good thing right? Well maybe and maybe not...It will come to a reckoning one day Im afraid.
Good write up, I totally agree.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
SVFR clearance is an extremely high work load.

Last edited:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
However, flying single pilot on an SVFR clearance is an extremely high work load. SVFR clearances have their place in aviation, but in my 26 years of flying airplanes around this planet, ive never used one.
In the ATC recording I heard, I believe earlier on, there was a woman talking to controllers, and shortly before the crash there was a man talkning to ATC.

I agree about single pilot SVFR, I only did it once, and you could see VFR conditions about two miles away in my direction of flight. Was just one low hanging blob right over the airport.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I never fly anywhere. Don't like planes of any sort in general.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
In the ATC recording I heard, I believe earlier on, there was a woman talking to controllers, and shortly before the crash there was a man talkning to ATC.

I agree about single pilot SVFR, I only did it once, and you could see VFR conditions about two miles away in my direction of flight. Was just one low hanging blob right over the airport.
This was just shear stupidity. Helicopter flight in IMC to take your daughter to her basketball game. I sold my plane this summer due to my wife's health but I allways had the rule if I wouldn't put my grandkids in the backseat I wasn't going. Quit IFR in 2014.
As to the caronavirus, we here in Texas thought that was an allergic reaction to Mexican beer :D

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Yes, that was just plain stupid flying around in the soup in the area with all that cumulogranite sticking up.

I can't imagine that the chopper didn't have some kind of terrain avoidance or warning system, my 430W Garmins flash and sound a warning any time I get within a couple of miles of any obstructions.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I agree, isn’t that crazy? Those things must be a few million bucks new, I’m surprised they don’t come with EGPWS. Also, twin turbine rotorcraft, used for commercial purposes and no CVR...

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I agree, isn***8217;t that crazy? Those things must be a few million bucks new, I***8217;m surprised they don***8217;t come with EGPWS. Also, twin turbine rotorcraft, used for commercial purposes and no CVR...
My IPad with Foreflight has terrain warning BUT all the fool had todo was look at his Sectional paper map before take off. The FAA says we pilots must use " all available info ". Anyone have exact location ?
I did some research when I got both Shingles then Bells Palsey within a week of each. Both comes from Chicken pox virus you have in your spinal fluid if you ever had it as a kid. Most of us growing up before the 1970's most likely have had chicken pox. What I found , per Mayo Clinic studies, was virus doesn't like magnesium & L-Lysine in our blood stream so I have taken these supplements since 2011 & no flu or other viral bugs. Maybe just lucky since starting this.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Possible person being monitored here in Arkansas.

Wife and I got diagnosed with the flu yesterday. Shes almost over it. It's kicking my booty today. Actually even though it's the tougher type, it actually hasn't been too bad. Except for the razor blades in my lungs (worse when I cough) and debilitating sinus pressure after coughing.

Figures, the one year I decided to get the flu shot [emoji14] :rolleyes:

Wife can't take the shot since it's egg based and shes allergic to eggs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Hope you 2 start feeling better soon DT. I'm sure that beautiful pup of yours will be doing her best to comfort both of you.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hope you 2 start feeling better soon DT. I'm sure that beautiful pup of yours will be doing her best to comfort both of you.
Thanks buddy. she spent the night tucked to my side. Been by my chair most of the day. She was tucked to my wife when she sacked out on the couch

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wife and I got diagnosed with the flu yesterday.

Figures, the one year I decided to get the flu shot [emoji14] :rolleyes:
Daren - like Bear said - feel better.

Since your bride can't get the flu shot - - all the more reason you should. ;)

The shot is never 100%, but can help reduce flu symptoms if you do get it.

Take care my friend. Lotsa fluids and rest...share some soup with that pup.:)